Page 88 of 137 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Why did you like it?
    Articulating how maladapting behaviours can manifest if they aren't dealt with.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I'm re-watching the Affleck Daredevil movie and I think my single biggest problem with it is that it's too rushed in plot (and because it feels rushed to me, caring about what happens to anyone is kinda tough). It's like they wanted to get to certain scenes, and make those feel epic but how they got from point A to B to C felt like a runaway train.

However... in re-watching Elektra, that I like just fine. Sure it relies a bit too much, I think, on the viewer having knowledge from the comics but all in all, it is so much better than Daredevil.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 06-26-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spooder-man tonight

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Did my review of sorts in the cinema thread (which i'll link at the bottom) but Spider-Man Far From Home was good...but i have SOOO much i wanna talk about now!

Spoiler: THAT MID CREDITS SCENE! There's only one J Jonah Jameson and what a reveal that was! Also the consequences going forward are MASSIVE!

First i'm 100% sure Mysterio isn't dead, not if Marvel wants this Sinster Six thing to happen (and i'm almost positive this is where they wanna take Spidey) plus i don't think his followers had it in for Spidey enough to do that, it definitely felt like that was all Quentin (who now hates Peter as much as Stark!) so expect him back in the big reveal of the Sinister Six!

Next the Post Credits...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?
    Spoiler:
    I though Fury seemed to be acting less...well like Fury throughout the film, less cool and collected and more jokey and not completely in control, and it was because he was a SKRULL from Captain Marvel...HOLY SHIT! And Fury is on a Skrull Space Ship somewhere in space!
    Now alot of people are already saying this is the seeds for Secret Invasion but i'm not so sure.
    See the Skrulls in SI were not exactly the good guy's, whereas here they are shown to be more jokey and in with Fury, maybe we'll get a version on that story with an all out war with the KREE? But it does show one thing...Spidey is kinda on his own now.

Fury is in space and having the Skrulls cover for him (and not doing brilliantly as they want him back) Captain Marvel is in the outter reaches of space somewhere, Thor and the GotG are also off around Space leaving earth with a permanently injured Hulk, a retired Hawkeye, Falcon/Cap and Bucky off doing smaller missions in their own show, Black Panther in his own country sorting stuff out, Ant-Man and the Wasp (who could help maybe?) and Dr Strange who i think will be knee deep defending earth from the other realms (and possibly Scarlett Witch, if there was anyone left on earth who could help her control her powers, it would probably be Strange!) which sets us up nicely for a 3rd Spidey film where he is on his own, no Tony or Fury to back him up, no other Avengers on earth right now, which makes the prospect of a Sinster Six movie even better!

OK i've talked enough, just the prospect of whats to come (for both the MCU and Spidey) is so damn exciting!

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...663#post460663
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 07-03-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    just the prospect of whats to come (for both the MCU and Spidey) is so damn exciting!
    There's some speculation that the next big story arc will be the Secret Wars ... and I want that to be true as part of Disney absorbing Fox, cuuuuz I'd like an alien replacement costume for Spider-Man... but I'm pretty confident whatever they do I'll be happy with.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    There's some speculation that the next big story arc will be the Secret Wars ... and I want that to be true as part of Disney absorbing Fox, cuuuuz I'd like an alien replacement costume for Spider-Man... but I'm pretty confident whatever they do I'll be happy with.
    Id say that's pretty much the best bet right now, it would also might be the best way to bring in Mutants to the MCU. It's all so exciting wondering just where the train is heading next!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Didnt Feige say they arent going to do a big storyline like the IW saga was? Or did I misread that?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Didnt Feige say they arent going to do a big storyline like the IW saga was? Or did I misread that?
    Well, I figure Secret Wars would fit that description...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished S3 of Jessica Jones...

I'm happy with the way it wrapped up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home last night and I thought it was amazing! I personally thought it was better than Homecoming and it might actually be my favorite Spider-Man movie. As fantastic as Vulture was, I think Mysterio is the best executed Spider-Man villain to appear in a movie thus far. There was an absolutely phenomenal and mind-bending scene that was right out of a comic book I read as a kid. They fucking NAILED Mysterio and Jake Gyllenhaal's performance was every bit as great as Michael Keaton's turn as Vulture. The mid- and post-credits scenes pose some very interesting problems and story threads for the next movie and I can't wait to see how they handle/address those!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home last night and I thought it was amazing! I personally thought it was better than Homecoming and it might actually be my favorite Spider-Man movie. As fantastic as Vulture was, I think Mysterio is the best executed Spider-Man villain to appear in a movie thus far. There was an absolutely phenomenal and mind-bending scene that was right out of a comic book I read as a kid. They fucking NAILED Mysterio and Jake Gyllenhaal's performance was every bit as great as Michael Keaton's turn as Vulture. The mid- and post-credits scenes pose some very interesting problems and story threads for the next movie and I can't wait to see how they handle/address those!
    Agreed, those scenes were fucking excellent, and Mysterio was perfect!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I loved Far From Home although I don't think I loved it as much as I love homecoming, which is a more tightly made, intimate film, more the kind of story I associate with Spider Man. Far From Home is in many ways more of a Marvel Movie than a Spider-Man movie. And sometimes it is more of a teen Rom com than a marvel movie.

I think MJ was less Likable in this. When they moved her from off beat zingers to leading lady, they sunk her into a few of the more hostile tropes of the latter, which became frustrating and dissolved her personality quite a bit.

Still the supporting cast Is a big part of the strength of this movie. Even more so than I the Raimi movies, where those elements are also strong, but here they are in some ways less conventionally cinematic and that makes them more relatable.

Spider-Man has the second strongest rogues gallery of Marvel's comics stable, behind the X-Men, and so its now obvious in hindsight that an easy solution to Marvel's historic problem with villains was to start adding Spidey villains... And there are still so many left. While I'd be heavily opposed to a green goblin retread, I would love to see doctor octopus somewhere down the line. Obviously a proper integration with the Tom Hardy Venom is pretty desirable at this point as well. At this point I hopefil and eager for the future of spider man movies, and I really hope they dont fuck it up

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'd love to see Marvel Studios introduce Norman Osborn/Green Goblin. I don't think it would be a retread at all, just a different interpretation (probably more comic accurate and with a better suit/mask this time around). They know what they're doing and they wouldn't just do what's already been done with him, they'd only use him if they could bring something new to the table and tell a story worth telling. He's Spider-Man's arch-nemesis – the Joker to his Batman – and he could function as a long-term villain for the Avengers as a whole (I like the idea of him being the one who bought Stark tower). I'm glad they didn't use him right away, but he's almost too important not to be included at some point. I'd also love to see them introduce Doctor Octopus, especially if they do something similar to how he was portrayed in the PS4 game!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Osborn could defiantly become a bigger threat long term to the MCU, especially with most of earths mightiest dead, retired or off world now. And doc oc NEEDS to appear at some point, he is almost as big an arch-nemesis to spidey now as Osborn, but that's just the strength of spideys rouges gallery at least point.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my gf and I finally saw Dark Phoenix. I'm a big X-Men fan...I've liked all the movies (in varying degrees) and growing up, I was always a huge X-Men fan. Over the past two days, I've been getting back into the universe by binge watching videos on youtube. I stopped reading back when Age of Apocalypse started (so..23 or so years ago) but the Dark Phoenix saga was always my favorite storyline. I re-read that multiple times even after I stopped collecting.

With that said...my gf and I actually liked it. It wasn't terrible..it wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad. I had to seperate the comics from the film..I did that within the first couple mins. that made the experience more enjoyable. after the film, my gf and I discussed the socio-political aspects of the film the entire car ride home. now, I await patiently to see some higher quality X-Men films in the MCU.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    saw Far From Home with my mom yesterday, we were both cracking up the whole movie. so much great humor, such a well-paced and wonderful film. jake gyllenhal was fantastic, martin starr and jb smoove were hilarious, and i loved mj even more than in homecoming.

also, first out trans actor in the MCU! https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...or-1203254288/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Man, this movie was just fantastic. Moved to the top spot of my mcu list.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Did my review of sorts in the cinema thread (which i'll link at the bottom) but Spider-Man Far From Home was good...but i have SOOO much i wanna talk about now!

Spoiler: THAT MID CREDITS SCENE! There's only one J Jonah Jameson and what a reveal that was! Also the consequences going forward are MASSIVE!

First i'm 100% sure Mysterio isn't dead, not if Marvel wants this Sinster Six thing to happen (and i'm almost positive this is where they wanna take Spidey) plus i don't think his followers had it in for Spidey enough to do that, it definitely felt like that was all Quentin (who now hates Peter as much as Stark!) so expect him back in the big reveal of the Sinister Six!

Next the Post Credits...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?
    Spoiler:
    I though Fury seemed to be acting less...well like Fury throughout the film, less cool and collected and more jokey and not completely in control, and it was because he was a SKRULL from Captain Marvel...HOLY SHIT! And Fury is on a Skrull Space Ship somewhere in space!
    Now alot of people are already saying this is the seeds for Secret Invasion but i'm not so sure.
    See the Skrulls in SI were not exactly the good guy's, whereas here they are shown to be more jokey and in with Fury, maybe we'll get a version on that story with an all out war with the KREE? But it does show one thing...Spidey is kinda on his own now.

Fury is in space and having the Skrulls cover for him (and not doing brilliantly as they want him back) Captain Marvel is in the outter reaches of space somewhere, Thor and the GotG are also off around Space leaving earth with a permanently injured Hulk, a retired Hawkeye, Falcon/Cap and Bucky off doing smaller missions in their own show, Black Panther in his own country sorting stuff out, Ant-Man and the Wasp (who could help maybe?) and Dr Strange who i think will be knee deep defending earth from the other realms (and possibly Scarlett Witch, if there was anyone left on earth who could help her control her powers, it would probably be Strange!) which sets us up nicely for a 3rd Spidey film where he is on his own, no Tony or Fury to back him up, no other Avengers on earth right now, which makes the prospect of a Sinster Six movie even better!

OK i've talked enough, just the prospect of whats to come (for both the MCU and Spidey) is so damn exciting!

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...663#post460663
    SWORD, eh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    my mom and i were dying laughing at that part, oh my god

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Even Dead I'm The Hero.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I figured there would be a 4th Thor movie after the success of Ragnarok and the fact that Thor lived through Endgame, plus Hemsworth and Taika both seemed interested in revisiting the franchise. I just wonder which we'll get first: Guardians Vol. 3 or Thor 4 and if he'll appear in GotG Vol. 3 or if the guardians will appear in Thor 4. Both movies will happen, but neither will be titled Asgardians of the Galaxy because Thor would be the only Asgardian, so it wouldn't make sense.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I figured there would be a 4th Thor movie after the success of Ragnarok and the fact that Thor lived through Endgame, plus Hemsworth and Taika both seemed interested in revisiting the franchise. I just wonder which we'll get first: Guardians Vol. 3 or Thor 4 and if he'll appear in GotG Vol. 3 or if the guardians will appear in Thor 4. Both movies will happen, but neither will be titled Asgardians of the Galaxy because Thor would be the only Asgardian, so it wouldn't make sense.
    (As)Guardians of the Galaxy

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    (As)Guardians of the Galaxy
    Like I said above, it wouldn't make any sense. It'd be like calling them "Earth's Mightiest Heroes," when only one member (Peter Quill) on the entire team is from Earth. Same thing – Thor is the only Asgardian. I know everyone seems to think that's going to be the title of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (which should be—and likely is—the actual title) simply because Thor said it at the end of Endgame, but I think it was just a name drop for fans of the comics, nothing more. Plus, there's no "u" in "Asgardians," so "(As)Guardians of the Galaxy" wouldn't work either.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Like I said above, it wouldn't make any sense. It'd be like calling them "Earth's Mightiest Heroes," when only one member (Peter Quill) on the entire team is from Earth. Same thing – Thor is the only Asgardian. I know everyone seems to think that's going to be the title of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (which should be—and likely is—the actual title) simply because Thor said it at the end of Endgame, but I think it was just a name drop for fans of the comics, nothing more. Plus, there's no "u" in "Asgardians," so "(As)Guardians of the Galaxy" wouldn't work either.
    It was a joke. Relax.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Still not sure if this is really the Spider-Man incarnation I have been waiting for, but hot damn, they nailed Mysterio and especially his illusions. Those two scenes were exactly what I imagine the character to be and they did very very well in grounding him within the lore and still remaining thruthfull to his many displays in animation and comics. Perfect I say! Really nailed it, although there was a little cringe here and there in other parts...

Oh and I really warmed up to MJ eventhough I'm not too keen on the rest of the cast. And while I was happy about the news of a transgender actor, I really don't know what the fuzz is about with Zach Barack and his "blink and you will miss it" screentime...

Really excited where they are going with Spider-Man within the MCU after that mid-credit scene. But not happy with the end credit scene which felt totally akward.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

The Marvel Thread - Whatever It Takes - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    It was a joke. Relax.
    I am quite relaxed. Just making speculative conversation. Did I come off angry or something? And there’s a lot of crazy fan theories, so it’s hard to tell when someone’s joking or being serious about this kind of stuff. Especially when it comes to Star Wars.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Also, I smiled from ear to ear when i saw the "B.F.P." on the old piece of luggage Peter brought to Europe.