Page 24 of 137 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Should I buy Netflix for a month just for Jessica Jones? is it that good?
    you can sign up for a free 30-day trial of netflix and then cancel before your card gets charged!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Anyone else excited to see Black Panther in the trailer?
    I hope and pray they do Black Panther right or else the spirit of Jack Kirby shall haunt them for the rest of their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    An African character who's LITERALLY the Black Panther is being debuted in a movie called Captain America: CIVIL WAR which is being released during Black History Month.

Pretty sure Marvel's got that game on LOCK.

\m/
    Oops, my bad!

It's the Black Panther solo film that comes out during Black History month, not Captain America: Civil War.

But, still...my point stands.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Ohhhkay.

I'm calling you out, @ziltoid .

You've had the generosity to donate to this site and the obnoxiousness to facepalm me TWICE for essentially the same post -- even AFTER I corrected myself while backing up YOUR point -- so I think it's high time you tell me exactly WTF your problem is, ffs.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    If anyone has a problem with me (or anyone has a problem with someone else) please use the private message function instead of cluttering and derailing a thread, unless it’s unavoidable such as now.

This will be the first and last post I will make to address you @Hazekiah

If you can't see what it is that you are doing wrong then, you should take the time to analyze what it is that you are doing to warrant a facepalm.

It's funny how you see a facepalm as some sort of insult when the actual intention and usage of a facepalm is to show that someone is in a disagreement with whatever that poster has posted.
    Just like a "like" is a way for someone to show that they are in agreement or, that they like the post for its contents.
    The fact that it aggravates you is quite hilarious.

If you can't handle getting facepalmed then your options are: don't post, add the person to the ignore list, ignore the facepalm and move on and adjust (like many do here in the forums), or make a post with a rational response.

Using a red herring fallacy of me contributing to the website and having the ability to facepalm does not make your argument valid.
    The fact that you resort to using ad hominem, (direct personal attacks, which is a violation of forum rules), shows your lack of maturity and judgment to resolve any problems with respect and proper etiquette.

Applying the principle of charity:

P1) An African character who is precisely the Black Panther is being debuted in a movie called Black Panther (T)
    P2) Black Panther is being released during Black History Month. (T)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    C) Therefore, Marvel has ensured 100 percent success. (F)

This argument has an invalid conclusion therefore the argument is invalid.

Also, the first and second premises, while true, leads the reader to conclude that; since the movie is being released during Black History Month that people of African descent will be supporting this movie.
    Although, there is no direct correlation between the African character who is precisely the Black Panther, the argument offers no evidence that people of African descent and supporters of Black History Month will ensure 100 percent success.
    One could see that this post may infer a bigoted and racist intention which could lead to provocation.

P1) You have the generosity to donate to this site. (F)
    P2) You have objected to essentially the same post I repeated twice (T)
    P3) By correcting myself and reinforcing your point I proved your point. (F)
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    C) Therefore, I demand that you must to tell me why you disagree with me and have a problem with me. (F)
    Premises 1 & 2 are false as well as the conclusion therefore the argument is invalid.

P1 has no direct correlation with P2 and P3. All premises do not support the conclusion.
    Reiterating and correcting posts does not qualify anyone of absolution from any errors committed.
    P3 makes absolutely no sense in context of the argument and does not reinforce the conclusion or other premises.

If by reading this and you still do not understand what my problem is with you, then there is no point in further perusing an understanding on your behalf.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Well.

Casting all THAT overwrought horseshit aside and getting back to the point again...

You were talking about Marvel Studios hopefully "doing right" by Jack Kirby's vision of the Black Panther.

I attempted to reassure you that, given what little we know about his cinematic portrayal so far, Marvel Studios seems to be doing just that. Once again, all we really know is that he debuts in Captain America: Civil War and his own movie debuts during Black History Month. Those facts are PARTICULARLY relevant since HE'S THE BLACK PANTHER, ffs.

Oh, I guess we can go ahead and toss in the fact that he's being played by the 12 Years a Slave guy too, while we're at it.

Anyway, if you think that's racist or NOT reassuring then take it up with Marvel Studios and/or the estate of Jack Kirby himself.

The Black Panther IS their shared response to the civil rights movement, after all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Marvel Thread

Chiwetel Ejiofor is in Doctor Strange. . .playing a villain so yay, progressives!

It's a bit far-reaching with the allegorical symbolism, imo.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Goddamnit.

Apologies, I've been catching up with A LOT of TV and news lately. I'm super-excited about the casting for Doctor Strange and just watched Get on Up the other night. The guy who played James Brown is the Black Panther, obviously.

Once again, I believe my point stands.

:P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    on the last two episodes of jessica jones. this show is amazing. despite being far more upsetting than daredevil in terms of emotional content, the physical violence is more tame, so i've been able to watch through it much quicker than daredevil.

david tennant is incredible, as is pretty much everyone on the show. i ADORE luke cage, and jessica and trish are just the best.

oh, also, i don't know very much about Spoiler: nuke, but i know that he and cap fight in the comics at some point. so does anyone else think they intentionally cast a guy who looks like he could be chris evans' brother?

edited to add: just finished. at one particularly cathartic moment, i started BAWLING. i definitely still have a lot of baggage from my abusive relationship, and sometimes unpacking a tiny bit of it, no matter how that happens, is so therapeutic.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 12-03-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh, god.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Oh, god.
    AW!!! Loki as king would've been cooler. Loki is just awesome. I would love for deleted scene where Jane sees Loki and tears off her clothes and kisses him to the point that she has sex with him in front of Thor. Sorry but I just think Loki is fucking cool.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    AW!!! Loki as king would've been cooler. Loki is just awesome. I would love for deleted scene where Jane sees Loki and tears off her clothes and kisses him to the point that she has sex with him in front of Thor. Sorry but I just think Loki is fucking cool.
    People do ship them. (Not me, I'm pure Logyn trash. None of this Thorki business, thank you very much.)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    People do ship them. (Not me, I'm pure Logyn trash. None of this Thorki business, thank you very much.)
    You disappoint me. #frostiron.

I think this video is sad. I see it as showing how much Loki wants to be accepted and loved. He wants to be Thor because everyone loves Thor.
    Last edited by marodi; 12-04-2015 at 08:03 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Hmm I would take you for a Stoki fan, @marodi .

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh yes, that too absolutely!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Motherfucker. Spoiler: Just kill Ward already!!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I'm a just come out and say it. Not enough Olivia Munn.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-11-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I am all in on that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wasnt he purple? Did they make a last minute CGI change?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bald Prof X = shit just got real.

So excited for that one too. It's been such a great couple of weeks for CB movies!

Awesome! But who is she going to play? *karnillapleasepleasepleaseletitbekarnilla*
    Last edited by marodi; 12-11-2015 at 12:26 PM. Reason: because I can!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Sophie Turner's voice in this trailer is just so completely jarring, maybe it's because I'm so used to her in Game of Thrones.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Wasnt he purple? Did they make a last minute CGI change?
    No, all the hubbub about his look was based off of when poorly lit set photo. I actually think he looks pretty good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Bald Prof X = shit just got real.

So excited for that one too. It's been such a great couple of weeks for CB movies!

Awesome! But who is she going to play? *karnillapleasepleasepleaseletitbekarnilla*
    Or Hela! Can't have Ragnarok without her.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Or Hela! Can't have Ragnarok without her.
    Huh, I never considered that. She'd make a fantastic Hela; after all, she was a very creepy Galadriel (intentionally or not).

In the last few years, I've been imagining Hela as an older version of Maisie Williams.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

And the EW site had a new poster:

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    The red band trailer for Dead Pool.
    Merry Christmas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks like I might be right about the jokes improving for the final product. This might be the only Marvel movie I'm actually looking forward to seeing in a while.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)