Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86
Results 2,551 to 2,564 of 2564

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Whatever It Takes - Spoilers

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    OK so here's a dark question that will probably never get answered...were unborn babies part of the snap? Did Thanos agree with pro-lifers they were living people as soon as they were conceived? Like did some pregnant women just have their babies turn to dust in their wombs...cos that's pretty fucked up, but not as fucked up as that baby than suddenly reappearing in a womb 5 years past being in a fit state to hold the baby...

Actually no, i don't want an answer, thank you for listening.

If we go by The Leftovers rules of a rapture event then Yes, an unborn child could be 'dusted' out of a womb.
    This makes me think about some other dark scenarios that I will refrain from discussing... for now.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    They released a snippet of the scene where Peter and Mysterio meets:

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    What if Nick Fury and what's her name - or at least one version of them - is a projection from Mysterio as well?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    What if Nick Fury and what's her name - or at least one version of them - is a projection from Mysterio as well?
    It's Robin Scherbatsky

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    ding ding ding

only issue with that is how did Mysterio figure out Spiderman's secret identity?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...cos that's pretty fucked up, but not as fucked up as that baby than suddenly reappearing in a womb 5 years past being in a fit state to hold the baby...
    “What is...why does my stomach...UGH...Whoa...whoa, WHOAAAAA HELLO WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK IS THIS???”

Sorry, I think my brain needed to play that scenario out comedically to cope with how conceptually fucked up that is. Very interesting though, I hadn’t considered those implications of the snap.

Also, I’m officially going into Far From Home without watching anything more and just assuming that everything is lies.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    ding ding ding

only issue with that is how did Mysterio figure out Spiderman's secret identity?
    well from the trailer it almost appears that everyone knows who he is. Which goes against the basic tenant from Spider-Verse: "You've gotta hide your face, no one can know who you are."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Been an...eventful few weeks so not been active on here. Really digging the new Spider-man trailer! What does it all mean?...well i could go off on one about where it might go, but i think i'm just going to wait for the film and let it surprise me. But i am really excited to see where this leads!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yay! Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is back!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    <rant>
    So, I love the MCU. LOVE. IT. Even many of the movies most people have hated on like Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron. I haven't been enthralled with EVERY movie (Incredible Hulk and Thor: The Dark World were kinda forgettable despite some fun scenes), but for the most part, I've enjoyed nearly every installment. BUT I tried to watch Agents of SHIELD and I thought it was just plain awful. I made it through like 3, maybe 3.5 episodes and thought it was painfully low-budget with poor acting and generic human characters that I don't give a shit about. Maybe it gets better later on, I don't know, but I couldn't do it. I know Netflix's decision was almost certainly for business reasons *cough Disney+ cough*, but I still cannot believe that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and The Punisher (I wasn't as fond of Luke Cage or Iron Fist, but even they had their moments) got cancelled while Agents of SHIELD is still going. I also think Phil Coulson should have stayed dead because it robs his death scene in Avengers of it's emotional impact. So, I don't consider it part of the MCU myself (let's be real, the movies don't either!). The only thing that's made me want to give it another shot it is Ghost Rider, but learning that they went with some other version of the character that drives a car instead of the motorcycle killed my enthusiasm for that, too. Maybe I've been missing something, but I'm astounded every time they renew that show for another season. Just my 2...
    </rant>
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 05-13-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    SHIELD isn't fantastic, but its good/above average. It definitely got waaaaayyy better after those few episodes you watched. Totally agree the show started off really bad. They improved it greatly from season to season. Give it another shot if you're a big MCU fan. Can't see if being appealing to anyone who isn't an MCU diehard though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Give it another shot if you're a big MCU fan. Can't see if being appealing to anyone who isn't an MCU diehard though.
    Not only give it another shot but I don't think you need to be a diehard at all to enjoy it. Sure, it starts off the way it starts, but I see it as starting a new comic (and one of the things I really like about the show is how they seem to strive to shoot scenes as if viewing as a comic panel). For me, I'd say about the first half of S1 isn't smooth sailing... but from there until S5, there's a hell of a ride (pun intended). S5 changes the pace a lot but still solid and now we're a year later into S6 and it drives a truck through E1 (in a good way). If you want a series to tie more into the movies, no... no you won't get that... but you will get explore the legacy set up by Captain America: The First Avenger (maybe watch Agent Carter first, but the One Shot last and series first, at least, that's how it makes sense in my head), then Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will do that very nicely.

Caveat, aside from NIN, the MCU is pretty much the only fandom I follow (so that Captain Marvel t-shirt was a no-brainer). I've watched all the shows (and the Marvel Knights animated comic stuff I can get my hands on, but weirdly not the Sony or Fox animated series) and while they aren't always what I totally enjoy (I'm looking at you The "We're the GOOD Von Struckers" Gifted), I do like the majority of them (an AoS/Inhumans crossover would have been great but I suspect if you aren't the type of fan who likes Thor and Thor 2, Inhumans won't appeal that much).

But yeah, get through the first half of S1 and then buckle up...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    OK so i was with a friend to watch Detective Pikachu Saturday and we came up with a theory for the new Spider-man...and i'm going to put it in spoilers because there is a 'chance' it could happen, and it would be AWESOME!

Spoiler: So the trailer revealed the multiverse, which i still kinds think might be a red herring from our sneeky friend Mystrio, but if it is true what if...what if at the end Spidey get's some help from another verse, and what if that help was Tobey Fucking Maguire! Imagine how fucking awesome that would be, even if just for a scene, a few minutes...to pass the spidey mental (kinda like in Spider-verse) also WE NEED SPIDER-GWEN IN LIVE ACTION MARVEL, DO IT MARVEL!

Anyway it probably won't happen, but it would be amazing if it did!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    saw avengers today. quite good but too f'n long. will watch again when the 4K comes out.