Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I want a Fantastic 4 movie done in the retro style of First Class. I want Mole-man in NYC coming up from the underground.
    All I'd be able to think of is The Underminer from The Incredibles, which is ironic because I'm pretty sure Mole-Man was their inspiration for that character (I mean, how could it not be?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me, First Class was the closest Fox got to bringing the comics to life. Recognizable characters, elevated visual style (they wore uniforms).

That's why I love the Marvel Studios movies so much. They really are the comics brought to life.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punk View Post
    For me, First Class was the closest Fox got to bringing the comics to life. Recognizable characters, elevated visual style (they wore uniforms).
    I think Days of Future Past was that movie for me.

That's why I love the Marvel Studios movies so much. They really are the comics brought to life.
    Especially Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think Days of Future Past was that movie for me.

Especially Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love them all. I have watched Infinity War the most, maybe. I can't wait for Endgame to come out on Blu-Ray. Can't wait to own it. Civil War was awesome, too.

What an accomplishment the whole Saga is.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I would argue that they get close in this one too, with a few painful exceptions

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I could picture Charles Dance for an older incarnation of the charakter. Then again, he might do a good Xavier aswell, but I feel he fits a villainous role better.
    unffffff fuck yeah, i love charles dance

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Actually, I could really see Charles Dance being a great Magneto, too! He’s got that perfect mix of intelligence and evil tendencies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Saw Dark Phoenix today. Didn’t think it was as bad as people made it out to be. There were some really cool moments of Fighting. But overall it was still very meh. I think Marvel should learn from this and not try to do it a 3rd time down the line. It’s a great storyline but 1 movie of length won’t ever do it justice. That’s my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think it's an overhyped story anyway, so many better X-Men arcs out there to be getting caught up in that one. They definitely tried like 2 or 3 others pretty well

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll post my mini review in a bit, but my take from Dark Phoenix...i personally thought Last Stand was more entertaining, DP is just boring (nice Score though) my least liked of all the X-men movies, they should have stopped at Day of Future Past/Logan.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's very interesting to me that BOTH X-Men timelines concluded with a failed adaptation of the same storyline. I also still find it very surprising that Fox didn't try to replace Bryan Singer with another director with some experience. Very strange that they trusted a first-time director in Simon Kinberg—even if he had been a writer on several films in the franchise. We're talking about a tentpole blockbuster franchise, studios don't typically just roll the dice with a new, inexperienced director like that.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-12-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would say for all of Simon Kinberg a egregious failings the movie was decently directed

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Yeah i don't think it's the direction that was at issue here, more studio interference, re-shoots, re-writes, more re-shoots, actors just not caring as much during the re-shoots, a bad script, adapting a story that needs more then a single movie to really make it good, MORE re-shoots, delays etc.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Captain Marvel.

Oh yeah, I liked it. Funnier than I expected actually.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Captain Marvel.

Oh yeah, I liked it. Funnier than I expected actually.
    Same here, we watched it last night. I loved it

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    The wasn't that bad of a cover.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    bought the 4K of Captain Marvel. i don't buy many movies & wasn't disappointed. i didn't see it in the theater & had heard a few mixed reviews. i thought it was very good & both the leads were perfect. now, more Brie Larson in anything please!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    SHIELD still really delivering this season. Above all, I love the ferocious pacing thus far.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Saw Endgame once more in the cinema last night, such a heavy movie.

I have a tendency to rewatch all the Marvel films I can over and over on DVD or streaming, and I've watched Infinity War so many times and never got bored, but I don't think I'll be able to do the same with Endgame - it's such a rollercoaster of emotion for me. Especially at the end.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Sooooooooooooo Endgame is getting a re-release next week with NEW POST-CREDITS SCENES.

The pessimist in me is thinking "well this is just to try and get it to the number 1 grossing film"

The nerd in me is think "OMG THEY'RE GOING TO TEASE THE NEXT PHASE AT LAST I NEED TO SEEEEEEEEEEE"

Good job there was nothing i wanted to see next week

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Saw Dark Phoenix last night, and I'm glad I did! It was a HUGE upgrade from Apocalypse (low bar, I know), and it somewhat redeemed the new cast's run (First Class, DOFP and Apocalypse) on the franchise so at least it didn't end with a total disaster.
    Very enjoyable movie, the score was awesome, fun mutant action, worth checking out!

Of course it has problems, and the continuity is all fucked (funny, Marvel was able to keep a coherent timeline across 20+ movies with different casts and worlds, and the X-Men franchise can't keep it straight from one movie to another with the same cast and characters returning), and Jennifer Lawrence phones it in, but it's not too bad.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Saw Dark Phoenix last night, and I'm glad I did! It was a HUGE upgrade from Apocalypse (low bar, I know), and it somewhat redeemed the new cast's run (First Class, DOFP and Apocalypse) on the franchise so at least it didn't end with a total disaster.
    Very enjoyable movie, the score was awesome, fun mutant action, worth checking out!

Of course it has problems, and the continuity is all fucked (funny, Marvel was able to keep a coherent timeline across 20+ movies with different casts and worlds, and the X-Men franchise can't keep it straight from one movie to another with the same cast and characters returning), and Jennifer Lawrence phones it in, but it's not too bad.
    I know this is just a difference of personal opinions, but I thought it was only a SLIGHT upgrade from Apocalypse. Aside from J-Law, the actors' and actresses' performances were generally pretty good (especially McAvoy and Fassbender, who steals the show once again). The score itself was terrific, but (at least in the theater I was in) seemed to not be very well integrated with the movie. It seemed to be playing in the next room, oddly quiet and separated from the action onscreen, but again, maybe this was just my experience because I went to a smaller theater.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-19-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I know this is just a difference of personal opinions, but I thought it was only a SLIGHT upgrade from Apocalypse.
    To be fair, I went in with extremely low expectations, so maybe that magnified my positive reaction

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Early reactions to Spider-man...and they're good..VERY good in fact But it does look like my theory on past Spidey's being in it has been blown out the water

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I still haven't seen X-Men, which is a shame as I'm a huge X-Men comic fan, and did enjoy all the previous movies. It's just..the Dark Phoenix saga is so epic and done perfectly in the comics, that all they have to do is recreate it on the screen and it'd be awesome. It'd probably take 2 movies to do too.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Fucking Marvel... while I thoroughly enjoyed the end of the Infinity saga alot of these movies made me angry for watching them, but I'm totally hooked now seeing where they handle the post-endgame world. It's insane how they managed to have people like me storming the theatres for their movies, as if every flick is part of a big television series where you don't want to miss out on next week's episode. Spider-Man looks like some good fun and I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing it on opening night.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I must have a huge mental block when it comes to the X-Men franchise. It's not like I absolutely adore the movies or anything, but I simply do not dislike these anywhere near as strongly as everyone else. Saw Dark Phoenix tonight & it was FINE. Not good or great, but fine.

It's def. boring at times and i agree with prolly all the criticisms leveled at it, but i think there enough things that entertained me to counterbalance it. The ending fight scene on the train et al was very good. Made up for all the issues I had earlier. it's a C/C- movie. Watching it on the big screen def. helped. For every bad or boring performance (why did they spend the money to get Chastain if she's gonna give that performance? Seems like she only said yes for the paycheck bc its not like her character was interesting in any way), you get a good one (Fassbender/Nightcrawler kid).

This is not a good telling of the Phoenix Saga. It's a serviceable X-Men movie. But that's barely what the last one was too. We needed more and we didn't get it, but I didn't leave the theater angry like I did after Godzilla a few weeks ago. At least this movie took itself seriously and wasn't stupid.

I can point to a million things they got wrong or that annoyed me (de-powered Storm once again), but I still didn't hate it. I don't get it haha.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    A great episode of AoS last night.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    A great episode of AoS last night.
    See, and I thought it was total garbage. Granted, I don't have much invested in the love story between those two, so a cop-out episode where we spend 95% of it inside their conjured up mind prison was painful for me. Why did you like it?