Suited him nicely.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New trailer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It has been three years since they started filming and two since it was supposed to have been released. Either release it or delete it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Do not delete it! It looks awesome

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Do not delete it! It looks awesome

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Nice story about some of Marvel stars supporting a real hero

https://news.avclub.com/tom-holland-...t-t-1844429820

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ��

I'm putting hope in the rumor that this thing goes to digital right after the panel

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    so at this point there's got to have been enough trailers and such to have the movie cobbled together, right?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    so at this point there's got to have been enough trailers and such to have the movie cobbled together, right?
    There's actually a plot summary from an FX magazine issue that was supposed to release after the April release date. It basically spoils the majority of the movie, which is pretty accurate to my previous predictions... They might be in this thread, if not, if you know the characters it's pretty clear how the movie operates

Spoiler: one by one each of the new mutants deals with their deepest trauma, the movie characterizing the incidents to be a torture subjected to them by Cecilia Reyes. It is actually *twist* subjected upon them by Dani's powers. They must then confront the very real Demon Bear to help her overcome her trauma

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I haven't read the comics so I have no idea what that means character-wise so it's not really a spoiler to me. Sounds cool though, can't wait to see it in 2021.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I haven't read the comics so I have no idea what that means character-wise so it's not really a spoiler to me. Sounds cool though, can't wait to see it in 2021.
    Well, if you are interested:

Spoiler: Dani Moonstar is an illusionist, her power is to evoke the fears of others. Most of the characterization in these trailers is very comic accurate, except for her... In the comics she's a survivalist badass, in the issue that's being adapted here, which is a very brief, highly psychedelic book, the story starts out with her just fucking taking off into the winter night to solo this demon bear that killed her parents that characterisation has stuck over the decades but her powers have, unfortunately, been shuffled around I would guess to make her easier to depict.

The demon bear is mostly without context, it is a spiritual entity that devours and corrupts people's souls.

Cecilia Reyes is a protege of professor X, she is kind of their babysitter.

Other than that the characterisation seems extremely comic accurate for each of Magik, Wolsbane and Sunspot, with the very notable exception that sunspot is black and in the comics his black was is actually a major plot point. So definitely a problematic erasure. His personality from the comics seems intact. Cannonballs personality is a little harder to pin down. It seems fine but I'm not sure the casting is consistent with how I've received him.

Magik is kind of the big takeaway, having become increasingly popular as a character over the last decade (she's become an avenger, been a protege of dr. Strange and spent a while as one of Cyclops right hand people) while being an unlikely candidate for the big screen, because she essentially the queen of hell lol. Colussus' little sister gets kidnapped by a demon on some mission, and during her time with that demon, which is instantaneous on earth, but is a decade in hell, she gradually steals his powers and eventually kills him with a magic sword, earning control of the realm and the demons within. Those 4 issues, named Magik, are totally worth reading.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rumor that this was going on Disney + after the panel this week gained some steam today when a Disney + trailer leaked, complete with a few new shots

*Edit* leaked trailer says September 4, so technically one more delay lol
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 07-21-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Jesus. New Mutants has to have set a record for most delays by now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Sept four was confirmed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That was a gooooooood episode.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    this season of SHIELD has been so good​. just so consistently fun and interesting and well-done. full of references to other things without feeling hollow. i'm so glad they're going out on so many high notes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    used the Groundhog Day trope well. I was def. more interested in what was gonna happen than usual.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    used the Groundhog Day trope well. I was def. more interested in what was gonna happen than usual.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I guessed which character it was before it was revealed... and I like who they got to play them.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Re-watching Daredevil S3 and at the episode where Dex is in the Daredevil costume fighting against Matt in black (Matte Black... sorry)... so good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished the AoS finale...

It ended well.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Loved the little MCU tie-in. I smiled.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So... do we REALLY think that The New Mutants is actually (finally) going to debut in theaters in two weeks? Like, seriously? Even if it does, it seems like Disney's sacrificial lamb to test the waters of COVID-era box office potential (or potential loss).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Even if it does, it seems like Disney's sacrificial lamb to test the waters of COVID-era box office potential (or potential loss).
    It wasn't a thing I was planning on watching anyways... so... *shrug* (I don't really care about the New Mutants in general and the trailers didn't entice me and I don't really care about any of the actors involved).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It wasn't a thing I was planning on watching anyways... so... *shrug* (I don't really care about the New Mutants in general and the trailers didn't entice me and I don't really care about any of the actors involved).
    I'm interested in seeing it at some point and I like a few of the actors (mainly the guy from Stranger Things and Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones), but yeah, I'm not exactly what you'd call "excited" for it. I do want to see it eventually, but I sure as shit won't be going to the theater in two weeks.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm definitely excited for New Mutants. Aside from liking the series, the trailer does make it look a bit mediocre... But also having been strung along by this movie for so long and ready for that all to pay off

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The effects look pretty dam good. I really want every mutant to be able to shine since the trailer makes it seem as if Magik has to save the day whenever they're in trouble.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The effects look pretty dam good. I really want every mutant to be able to shine since the trailer makes it seem as if Magik has to save the day whenever they're in trouble.
    In the demon bear story she is definitely the one to save the day, but think she is also the most popular of the new mutants, and perhaps of the X-Men these days, so that's probably why she's featured so heavily in the trailers

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    In the demon bear story she is definitely the one to save the day, but think she is also the most popular of the new mutants, and perhaps of the X-Men these days, so that's probably why she's featured so heavily in the trailers
    Gotcha. I have those books, but from moving constantly they are stuck in storage. Might just find a brush up vid on the tube I suppose to get more familiar; New Mutants never fully hit my radar in the past.