Page 113 of 137 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    To be fair, we have never seen Carnage on the big screen. I actually like that they didn't just splurge him all over the place before it even comes out like most trailers do these days. The trailer showed justtt enough to be hyped, and not a 3 1/2 minute condensed version of the film.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-18-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I saw this in the theaters with my best friend. We also left the theater for a "drink" when the giant monster comes in at the end. Was a little much for us nine-year-olds at the time.
    The screenplay was originally intended to be an animated film, but the film adaptation became live-action because of a contractual obligation.
    that might have been better, but it would have been mid-80s animation so probably not.

Also the team that did Strange Magic should get another chance at an animated film. That was not a good film but man it was pretty.

Speaking of Carnage:

The little tagline says "assembled from the Spider-Man universe" so that's interesting. Like the Spider Buggy, the Spider-Man desk meme, the Daily Bugle logo that is also on the paper in the Carnage trailer. And is that Firestar from the Amazing Friends show?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The little tagline says "assembled from the Spider-Man universe" so that's interesting. Like the Spider Buggy, the Spider-Man desk meme, the Daily Bugle logo that is also on the paper in the Carnage trailer. And is that Firestar from the Amazing Friends show?
    I don't think it's referring to the cinematic universe if that's what you're suggesting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Right, not just that but lots of things. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that it's using the bugle logo from the carnage movie, can it?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Right, not just that but lots of things. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that it's using the bugle logo from the carnage movie, can it?
    Let's look at it another way... how many variations of the logo does Marvel currently use across its media? Just the one? Or is it a couple?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have no idea. I just thought it was a cool little touch, not a grand plan from Marvel or Lego.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Here's the first teaser for Eternals.

Hmm, well it certainly looks different.

Not sure if it necessarily looks good or bad, it's just completely uncharted territory for me. I'll be curious to see what the reception of the film will be like and how it fits in with the greater MCU.

Shang-Chi so far is the more exciting of the upcoming MCU films for me but Eternals definitely has me intrigued.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    ^^ I will give it a chance when it hits theatres, but even the full trailer is not raising my interest in this. The cast does nothing for me in the slightest way. On the other hand I like that this seems like a total different movie than any other MCU entry.

Yet, this can't come soon enough:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They finally gave What If...? a date and it's coming in August. It was listed as spring so I'm not sure what necessitated the move but whatever.

I was thinking that the Marvel marketing team is probably busy as hell since they have movies and television this year and it's a lot of stuff. I guess having an entire year off helps though, maybe?

also this made me chuckle:

So that screenplay credit is weird. I don't think I've seen that before.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-24-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Here's the first teaser for Eternals.

Hmm, well it certainly looks different.

Not sure if it necessarily looks good or bad, it's just completely uncharted territory for me. I'll be curious to see what the reception of the film will be like and how it fits in with the greater MCU.

Shang-Chi so far is the more exciting of the upcoming MCU films for me but Eternals definitely has me intrigued.
    Not only does this trailer make it look dull, but also boring. This is surprising since Marvel has always at least been able to make their trailers exciting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We've been watching MODOK and it's alright. little toO samey with the Robot Chicken stuff and humor. I get that irreverence is funny for some people but comparing things to something completely unrelated and making asinine comments for humor isn't that funny to me.

There are some moments that stand out, like the fisting comment and MODOK's follow-up that was something like "I agree that you thought that sounded different to you than it does to me".
    Last edited by allegate; 06-07-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    finished MODOK, hated the ending. They built him up to be something and then ripped it away in the final moments of the show. That's just weak episode writing! You wrote a bad ending, Petey!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    MCU's Loki is confirmed to be gender fluid

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/enter...rnd/index.html

Can we have Lady Loki now?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

Spoiler: I know nothing...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    After just 1 episode, Loki is my favorite of the 3 series so far. Incredibly well done, funny, and who would have thought we would get even more character development after being with this character for almost ten years. Cannot wait to see where this goes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

I'M NOT CRYING YOU ARE CRYING

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Excited for this but also at this point my inner X-Men fan is starving for some news or SOMETHING

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I'M NOT CRYING YOU ARE CRYING

No, darling young lady, you are; or you will. Sentiments!

That was right in the feels, that first episode, and I was not expecting that. I'm loving it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Episode felt a little clunky with alot of exposition, but Hiddleston just knows how to act. He might even be the best actor in the MCU right now alongside Cumberbatch, so I do enjoy him getting a bit more to do with the character. Loved it and I am really psyched to see where this is going! Lots of possibilities!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "I'm going to burn this place to the ground."
    "I'll show you where my desk is, you can start there."

Theory time! Spoiler: Mobius told Loki that the very dangerous variant he is currently chasing is another Loki variant. My theory? That other Loki variant is the character Richard E. Grant is playing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    saw an idea that the Spoiler: young kid was the other variant (OV) Loki in disguise.

also as soon as I saw the devil I laughed and wondered if they're doing this on purpose now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    saw an idea that the Spoiler: young kid was the other variant (OV) Loki in disguise.

also as soon as I saw the devil I laughed and wondered if they're doing this on purpose now.
    I read that they wrote that in awhile ago before all the Mephisto theories came in with WandaVision. I still like to think it is a reference tho lol.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Unpopular opinion: I’m not digging Loki so far at all. It’s overtly hokey in a Hitchhikers Guide kind of way which was never my thing. Hoping it takes a turn into a more Venture Bros like territory.

The one scene I liked came near the end of the episode, where he’s reviewing what happened in Infinity War.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-13-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    This is the only place I've seen this discussed and it seems pretty interesting if true:

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/taking-...de-loki-723704

While that wasn't 100% worth the pay off for the majority of the episodes of either WandaVision or The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, some of those episodes did indeed feature an added sting in their respective tails.And so it is with Loki that we sat through the end credits, wondering if we'd get anything extra, but alas, no.

However, what is interesting about the end credits of this particular series, is what is missing from those final frames.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

interesting choice on both fronts.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Okay, that was more like it. The second episode of Loki hit the spot. That entire end sequence at the Not Menards was rad.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Be free, my horned friends!"

And that moment I realized the language was Latin, not Italian, because I was understanding way too much of it and I don't speak Italian!

Oh and shut the fuck up, that ending was sweet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the credits thing bears out on this one, still the big pauses and the added name that wasn't there.

Also I just read an article trying to say that that wasn't actually Loki. Jesus Christ people will do anything to keep a character they love (too much) from being anything 'other' won't they.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Confirmation about said character.

LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 2. You've been warned!

https://www.slashfilm.com/tom-hiddle...ia-di-martino/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally finished WandaVision, quite well done. I enjoyed the story... so... Agatha All Along and the Munster's theme... nice.