Page 103 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Maybe Marvel is going to pull a Loki and have Cap come back from another timeline?
    If he ever did come back (which now it's looking like this was a rumor after all), that would certainly be the most obvious answer, as well as the answer that makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Be good if this is Chris just getting people to forget it, then when we least expect it BANG!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ethan Hawke cast as the main villain in The Moon Knight.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    only because you said "Ethan Hawke":

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    stalled out on my MCU rewatch a few months ago but am finally watching Captain America. steve & bucky are still my #1 MCU couple, but god i love peggy carter so much. i'm so sad we only got two seasons of Agent Carter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What do you guys think of WandaVision so far? I find it incredibly charming and silly, when its not taking a turn into Lynchian terror. I just hate the fact that i cant binge this

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but god i love peggy carter so much. i'm so sad we only got two seasons of Agent Carter.
    If I'm remembering correctly, she'll be in the What If... stuff as a voice, while it's not much, I'm happy with it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I just hate the fact that i cant binge this
    This is just one of the reasons why I'm waiting for a bunch of Marvel stuff to get released before I pick up Disney+... they'll be there when I get there.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    forgot about this thread, my bad.

Read an interesting theory about a rumored casting for the WandaVision show. Spoilers because the casting is still rumored - nothing confirmed - but it plays into the pregnancy which is a comic story also.

Spoiler: spoiler text so the link URL isn't visible

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Oh that's definitely confirmed

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Some new stuff in there. Really impressed with the fourth episode and how it managed to bring you up to speed on a lot of things. Answered some questions but brought up a lot of new ones.

Read a theory that the episode is seeding Fantastic Four with the ship Sword are building. unmanned except for that one time you have a crazy scientist steal it, you know?

even the title of the fourth episode was brilliant: "We Interrupt This Program"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegate; 02-01-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the week of the Big Game no less!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So that bit from Elizabeth Olsen buried under SuperPro there is about an upcoming cameo. On top of that, said cameo was leaked to the Internet and has been making its way around. I had to stop letting YouTube do it's recommendation thing because I noticed a lot of "is it ___" and "or is it ___" videos starting to pop up in the queue.

I've listened to some speculation because it was part of the podcast I was listening to but other than that I've tried to stay away from the leaked information. The only thing I am sure of is Spoiler: that the show leads into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness so it could be one of several people. And since Spider-Man 3 part 2 is coming out before that and we know that film is very potentially also dealing with the multiverse? Never mind the whole "can it be introducing mutants here?" aspect.

so that's the only speculation I've done and it's only with knowing what is officially confirmed. I want to be surprised by the "Luke Skywalker-level cameo" when it happens.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm trying to avoid spoilers for this cameo (and also keeping expectations in check, rather than wildly speculating about far-fetched theories as to who it could be that will ultimately cause the ACTUAL cameo to be a letdown), but do we know WHEN it's supposed to happen? I thought I saw an article or something claiming that it would be tomorrow and "just in time for the big game," but I'm more inclined to believe that something like this won't come until the final (or maybe penultimate) episode, much like The Mandalorian's big cameo that it's constantly being compared to.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    it's either tomorrow or next Friday, because what little I heard about it said it was for one of those two episodes. There are nine total so it's not a finale thing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    There are nine total so it's not a finale thing.
    Well, now there's rumors of a "secret" bonus 10th episode.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that would be a weird thing to do...have a season finale episode and then suddenly next Friday

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Let's be clear that "Luke Skywalker" is being used by the journalist in the headline, not anyone working on the show

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Let's be clear that "Luke Skywalker" is being used by the journalist in the headline, not anyone working on the show
    Exactly. Their words & comparison, not hers or Marvel's. I also feel like constantly seeing articles using that comparison will likely lead to many people ending up being disappointed that it's not some massive Luke Skywalker-level cameo. I've seen people (and YouTube channels) throwing out names that I think are pretty unlikely. I think the cameo will most likely be one of the following characters: Doctor Strange or Spider-Man (because they're all connected by the Multiverse), Quicksilver, Nick Fury, or possibly Thanos or Ultron (because those two killed to two most important people in her life). If they do introduce Magneto, I think it'll be a new actor. I'd be really surprised if Ian McKellen showed up.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    All I want is a proper send off for Pietro. They did him massively dirty that has left a bad taste in my mouth since Ultron which wasn't very good imo.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    We can totally rule spiderman for legal reasons, and we know it's someone other than Evan peters quicksilver... Because we know that.

I hope it's magneto. It could be doctor strange. Maybe thor, even? But probably not because he's in space

I think they are trying to retain a lot of the X-Men cast. All of the spiderman multiverse shit can also bring over X-Men and probably will. We know feihe talked to Patrick stewart. We know jackman 2as willing to come back for the mcu. We know ryan reynolds is still around as deadpool, McKellan is too old but fassbender was still a great magneto so I'm banking on him.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 02-04-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Well, now there's rumors of a "secret" bonus 10th episode.
    I'm double posting, but this gives me "Tool decoy album" flashbacks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I think they are trying to retain a lot of the X-Men cast. All of the spiderman multiverse shit can also bring over X-Men and probably will. We know feihe talked to Patrick stewart. We know jackman 2as willing to come back for the mcu. We know ryan reynolds is still around as deadpool, McKellan is too old but fassbender was still a great magneto so I'm banking on him.
    As much as I'd love to see Fassbender come back (he was the best part of the "prequel" X-Men movies), he's already played Magneto four times and if the MCU is setting up a new incarnation of the X-Men, I'm sure they'll want an actor who will be around for the long haul and reprise the role 5+ times over the course of a decade or so. I doubt Fassbender is willing to give that much more of his life to superhero movies on top of the four he's already done. Maybe he could be an alternate universe version or something. But if they were to convince someone like Patrick Stewart or Hugh Jackman to come back, I think they'd be more likely to use them in a bigger movie than a TV show, but who knows!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    As much as I'd love to see Fassbender come back (he was the best part of the "prequel" X-Men movies), he's already played Magneto four times and if the MCU is setting up a new incarnation of the X-Men, I'm sure they'll want an actor who will be around for the long haul and reprise the role 5+ times over the course of a decade or so. I doubt Fassbender is willing to give that much more of his life to superhero movies on top of the four he's already done. Maybe he could be an alternate universe version or something. But if they were to convince someone like Patrick Stewart or Hugh Jackman to come back, I think they'd be more likely to use them in a bigger movie than a TV show, but who knows!
    He's 43 but looks like he could still be in his mid 30's. To be honest, it would actually be a nice natural progression age wise if he were to sign on for the long haul; it could definitely work, but I'm not getting my expectations that high for this reveal. We'll see!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'd loose my shit if Fassbender turned up! Imagine him playing Magneto in some really good movies like First Class again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, the MCU just got REAL interesting

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I know we all thinking Magneto and why, but if it's all in Wanda's head, what other mutant can get in there and fix things up?

I know, I know... I'm a die hard Professor X fangirl. Sue me! Also, there is a third option for the role of Xavier: Harry Lloyd did play him in Legion.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Internet minefield until I can watch it tonight.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Internet minefield until I can watch it tonight.
    you're telling me! we usually watch on sunday!