Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93
Results 2,761 to 2,779 of 2779

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Whatever It Takes - Spoilers

  1. #2761
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    3,866
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Just finished up the season... seems like they tried to cram two seasons into one but I did like final episode.
    I feel like the second season isn't worth it now for some reason. But you're telling me I should go ahead and watch it? I enjoyed the first season but after it went away I haven't found myself caring much about the second.

  2. #2762
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,383
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I feel like the second season isn't worth it now for some reason. But you're telling me I should go ahead and watch it? I enjoyed the first season but after it went away I haven't found myself caring much about the second.
    It really depends on how much teenage melodrama you can take... personally, I paused often to cope and maybe smack my head and maybe yell at how boneheaded the characters seem to be...

  3. #2763
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,259
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Confirmed that Christian Bale is the main villain in the next Thor movie.


  4. #2764
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If you've followed the Thor comics it's pretty clear who he's playing, so this should be fun.

  5. #2765
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,546
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I haven't seen too many of these movie, and I know that some of the characters from different films share a universe.

    Do you have to see these movies in order? For example, do I need to watch the first Iron Man movie before I see Endgame, etc.?

  6. #2766
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    It would be wisest to watch them all in order as tension and references happen throughout not to mention understanding the big story being told.

  7. #2767
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,383
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I haven't seen too many of these movie, and I know that some of the characters from different films share a universe.

    Do you have to see these movies in order? For example, do I need to watch the first Iron Man movie before I see Endgame, etc.?
    So, there are a couple of ways to watch the movies+TV shows, but the one I like is the chronological... (the TV shows aren't particularly important to the movies but they do help add further context to MCU...).

  8. #2768
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,880
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    If you've followed the Thor comics it's pretty clear who he's playing, so this should be fun.
    Care to share? I keep seeing people in comments, YouTube channels, and website articles suggesting characters like Gorr the god butcher, Adam Warlock, Hercules, and Beta Rey Bill. I never read any of the Thor comics, so I'm totally in the dark.

  9. #2769
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Care to share? I keep seeing people in comments, YouTube channels, and website articles suggesting characters like Gorr the god butcher, Adam Warlock, Hercules, and Beta Rey Bill. I never read any of the Thor comics, so I'm totally in the dark.
    I don't think it would be Gorr, that a wildly dark and large scale story.

    He's most likely playing Dario Agger, the CEO of an energy company called Roxxon, he's basically an Elon Musk meets Tony Stark type, but he's also outrageously evil. In the comics, Thor takes up an inaugural shield agents gag ask for a date, and they end up hitting it off. She specialises in environmentalism and a series of events leads to her helping Thor identify Dario as a major threat. One of the stranger elements of the story is the Darrio sues Thor for attacking Roxxon when they deliberately choose to over mine a small town in oaklahoma and ruin it with gentrification.

    Christian Bale is an extremely good fit for Darrio, much more so than those other characters.

  10. #2770
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,069
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Thanks @Wretchedest , that's good information for those not in the know with the comics. Would love to see Bale take on that kind of role afer reading a bit more on Dario Agger. But it still would involve some CGI with his Minotaur, incarnation, no?

    Personally I'd love to see a totally whacky Beta Ray Bill portrayal with Bale voicing the character. Seeing that they cut him out of Ragnarok apparently or at least he had a small role in the script apart from that little cameo. Waititi seems perfect to put him on the big screen. Either way I'd love to see Marvel give Thor a couple of more movies as he's my favorite Avenger still with the current universe after Ragnarok. Or maybe Beta Ray Bill will play a role in the new Guardians if Warlock is not on the menue. Either way, the new Thor along with Guardians is what I'm looking forward to the most.

    Black Widow? Not so much after the trailers although Florence Pugh kicks ass. And of course I'm dying to see what Serkis is doing with Venom 2. So far it looks promising and I honestly really liked the first one apart from some minor issues.

    And I still don't know how to feel about Immortals and Shang Chi. Give us a trailer already! :P

  11. #2771
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,744
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I don't think it would be Gorr, that a wildly dark and large scale story.

    He's most likely playing Dario Agger, the CEO of an energy company called Roxxon, he's basically an Elon Musk meets Tony Stark type, but he's also outrageously evil. In the comics, Thor takes up an inaugural shield agents gag ask for a date, and they end up hitting it off. She specialises in environmentalism and a series of events leads to her helping Thor identify Dario as a major threat. One of the stranger elements of the story is the Darrio sues Thor for attacking Roxxon when they deliberately choose to over mine a small town in oaklahoma and ruin it with gentrification.

    Christian Bale is an extremely good fit for Darrio, much more so than those other characters.
    A scene of him feeding his lawyers to some bears will probably never happen.. But a reveal of his true form could go incredibly good, or horrifically bad. Super intrigued if this happens.

  12. #2772
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,850
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Annnnnd New Mutants has been delayed again, but this is due to the virus along with a LOAD of other films. I did get an email from my local cinema chain explaining there would be a number of big films being delayed but they would follow advice and try and offer a service...this is seriously worrying for a load of companies.

  13. #2773
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    this is a good time to try out a feature film streaming service for homes. $20 rentals for three days but it's first-run films, something like that.

  14. #2774
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    north colorado
    Posts
    1,436
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    this is a good time to try out a feature film streaming service for homes. $20 rentals for three days but it's first-run films, something like that.
    Theory, wouldn't that lead to more pirating of movies?

  15. #2775
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Theory, wouldn't that lead to more pirating of movies?
    That's not a theory, that's a certainty. I mean how easy is it for you to find anything that's streaming-specific on a torrent site? but I think that the potential is there provided there's some smart protection caveats.

    I'm not smart so I can't think of what that might be.

  16. #2776
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,259
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Black Widow officially delayed to an as-yet-announced date.

  17. #2777
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,383
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    That scene where Elektra takes over The Hand in The Defenders.... great, just great.

  18. #2778
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    this is a good time to try out a feature film streaming service for homes. $20 rentals for three days but it's first-run films, something like that.
    well would you look at that. I should be an analyst.

  19. #2779
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    433
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so I just realized today I have a crush on Scarlett Johnanson....better late than never!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions