Page 29 of 137 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, everyone can hold Cap's shield. They can hit people with hit too and be protected by it but only Cap is able to throw it and make it bounce to hit a precise target... and come back to him. I suppose he does complex calculations in his head to achieve this result: "If I throw it at this angle, it will hit the wall like this and it'll bounce and hit that car at that angle and..."

While we're in the "my daddy is stronger than your daddy" theme: I see everywhere that out of every character we will see in Civil War, the Scarlet Witch is the most powerful. This is based on the comics and while it is right (in the comics), I believe that in the MCU Vision is the most powerful of the bunch (conveniently, both Thor and Banner are absent from Civil War).

Here's my reasoning: while comics Vision is sporting a stone (can't remember which it is) MCU Vision is carrying an Infinity Stone, one of the most powerful object in the known Universe. Hence, MCU Vision is the most powerful character of Civil War.

Thoughts, anyone?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm over the magic shield thing. I just know Spiderman and a lot of the CGI looks like shit. I'll wait until Quip War is available to rent, I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I like that my last post got a facepalm. Spiderman does look like shit and those damn scenes of Iron Man just wearing the suit are quite obvious that it is all CGI and RDJ's face tacked on.

Also, what kind of horseshit comic book logic are they going to pull out to justify why these people are evenly matched?

Iron Man's side has two people with invincible suits of armor that shoot lasers and missiles.

He also has Vision who has a lot of the same powers.

Captain America's side has some sorta tough people. They have no significant offensive powers to the same degree as the other team.

How is Cap not going to get absolutely raped?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Raped?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Uhh... yeah. How is it even a match?

http://i.imgur.com/zIt8mNn.jpg

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So Vision wins the power contest and I'm glad that exciting discussion is settled.

Also: anyone else noticed we haven't seen Baron Zemo yet? I wonder why...

Don't mind me, I'm just talking to myself. I'm old so I'm entitled to it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Oh, they're definitely keeping stuff close to their chest. Was Zemo's role officially announced?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Daniel Brühl is listed as playing Helmut Zemo in every cast list I've seen although Marvel.com has him in the cast list without saying which character he plays.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So much damn lameness with the reactions to my obvious trolling. When did NIN fans become such tight asses with no sense of humor? I'm only messing with you kids. Lighten the hell up.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Because trolling isn't funny, mainly. It shows a lack of humor. Good humor, anyway. It's in the same category as "trying too hard" which just ends up being annoying, which is not funny.

And my guess is you started trolling after you got called out for being wrong about Cap's shield. Instead of saying, "Thanks, my bad." you reacted poorly. I could be wrong about that but it's my guess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    So much damn lameness with the reactions to my obvious trolling. When did NIN fans become such tight asses with no sense of humor? I'm only messing with you kids. Lighten the hell up.
    because rape isn't a joke. it's really not that complicated.

you wanna joke around about cap's shield having the same properties as mjolnir to ruffle some feathers? whatever. you want to complain about a movie you haven't even seen yet? whatever.

but referring to a character getting "raped" is simply unnecessary and asinine. this isn't the first time you and i have butted heads on an issue like this, and i know you have the ability to recant idiotic statements, but i'm guessing that, in this instance, i'm just talking to a brick wall.

tl;dr rape jokes don't work and aren't funny for a whole multitude of reasons. find a new way to describe something without making at least 1/3 of people upset and angry, because it's a lot easier to be nice than to be a dick.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Heads up to avoid spoilers, someone caught something in a screengrab of the latest Civil War trailer that almost certainly shows a main character lying (presumably) dead. Judging from how the character looks on the ground...they look pretty gone. Just in case you see a spoiler warning, that could be it...just look away lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That was not a fucking rape joke. I was simply asking a question. Whatever, I can't reason with dipshits like you who want to focus on a word that hurt your feelings instead of what was actually said.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    That was not a fucking rape joke. I was simply asking a question. Whatever, I can't reason with dipshits like you who want to focus on a word that hurt your feelings instead of what was actually said.
    look, dude. i don't want to keep clogging up the marvel thread, but listen: what you said was not ok. whether it was a "joke" or not, rape is not something–whether the word or the concept–that should be lightly tossed around. and i'm not just saying this AS A VICTIM OF RAPE. i'm saying it as someone who is sensitive to the fact that PEOPLE DO HAVE FEELINGS and most people's feelings about rape are pretty fucking strong, considering that a large portion of the population have been sexually assaulted. so i'm sorry that you're so insensitive to the feelings of others and far too sensitive to your own sense of self-righteousness that you have to take your insecurities out on me by insulting me instead of admitting your mistake and apologizing.

i'm done with you.

back on topic

i'm really excited for this movie, and have a feeling i'll be a mess afterwards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Liquid_Bastard you could have easily phrased it as Cap getting his ass kicked and the meaning would have been understood.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, well, I chose the word that I am free to say, you fascist fucks. Quit trying to censor or dictate what people can or cannot say. Rape means to take violently by force. With Caps side not having as strong of people on it, I only suggested that Iron Man's side would just absolutely own them.

The real world must be pretty tough for you. Feelings do not win over people's right to say whatever the hell they want. God damn it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Yeah, well, I chose the word that I am free to say, you fascist fucks. Quit trying to censor or dictate what people can or cannot say. Rape means to take violently by force. With Caps side not having as strong of people on it, I only suggested that Iron Man's side would just absolutely own them.

The real world must be pretty tough for you. Feelings do not win over people's right to say whatever the hell they want. God damn it.
    rape means to violently take by force in the context of sexual relations and when you're discussing a movie about superheroes it's an unnecessary and ridiculous thing to say. and when someone calls you out on it, going on a crusade about "free speech" is bullshit. i realize i'm just further derailing the thread (sorry, everyone else) and i'm probably not going to change your mind, but i am going to try.

get off your high horse and stop being a jerk. you said something that upset some people, why is it so hard for you to just say sorry?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Heads up to avoid spoilers, someone caught something in a screengrab of the latest Civil War trailer that almost certainly shows a main character lying (presumably) dead. Judging from how the character looks on the ground...they look pretty gone. Just in case you see a spoiler warning, that could be it...just look away lol.
    I don't want to look away because I love spoilers so spoil me, darn it! Who is it? PM me if you have to! :P
    Last edited by marodi; 03-14-2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Just give me the spoiler already! :D

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Pro-tip: by agreeing to the rules of membership to this message board, you are agreeing to comply to the rules set forth, which not only prohibit troll behavior but also attacking board members with personal insults and defamatory language.

This is you first and only warning. Any further behavior from you in the manner that you have been engaging in this thread will result in a ban.

Xoxo,
    From the pinkos

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dude, I was only trying to mess around. It's not my fault someone wants to get butthurt over a word. Whatever. Don't worry about because, fuck this shit, I'm out.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    An XBOX headset is more your speed. You can talk about rape, owning and all of the other dumb shit maladjusted 15 year olds say!

On topic, we are less than four days away from Daredevil season two. I'm ready.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-14-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Oh man, I can't wait. Daredevil will hold me down till Batman v superman releases.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, we have to get through House of Cards asap because once this drops it's fucking two bottles of wine and time to binge until my eyes bleed.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm way behind on shows now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    This day needs to be finished RIGHT FUCKING NOW so I can go home and binge watch.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah, man...FOR REAL.

I happen to be housesitting for a pal in NYC right now and they have Netflix so I slept most of yesterday and bought 2 liters of vodka in preparation for muscling through the whole bottle/season today. Not to mention a delivery from NYC's legendary bike messager weed delivery services!

I'm a little over halfway through the season and OMFG it is EXCELLENT.

XD
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 03-18-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

HNNGGGH JESUS