Page 82 of 137 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Fairly Certain Black Widow has her solo movie, so offing her completely, even if it is a prequal, would be pretty silly on Marvels part.

Those posters are just wonderful though. Now in theory time, Spoiler: so we're already taking a pretty big detour from the original comic, to the point where i don't think anyone actually knows what is going to happen in this 3 hours! Adam Warlock was pretty critical in the comic but is nowhere in sight, and i think it's a pretty safe bet they'll be time travel (so the likes of Loki and Gamora could/will be saved depending how far back they go) and that this will rest on some of the bigger characters being sacrificed to achieve this (i remember there being a plot in the 90's spiderman cartoon where Cap and Red Skull where trapped in limbo for decades, so this might happen to Cap/Iron Man? I'm fairly sure Thor's going to survive seeing how well Ragnarok did (and we need our Thor/Captain Marvel movie directed by Taika Waititi, make it happen Disney!) Hulk i dunno, he still has potential (and we need She-hulk DAMNIT!) but marvel might want to cut mr spoiler lol.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    A bunch of character posters just dropped - 32 in total. The biggest surprise? Looks like Marvel is saying that Shuri didn't make it out of Infinity War alive - https://io9.gizmodo.com/everyones-ve...end-1833579485

*note* I don't consider advertisements such as trailers, commercials and posters to be spoilers so I'll save some of the potential posts that anger now.
    I love these posters. And yeah, I had a bad feeling about Shuri.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Fairly Certain Black Widow has her solo movie, so offing her completely, even if it is a prequal, would be pretty silly on Marvels part.
    Why would it be silly?

The solo movie for Widow has been confirmed to be a prequel film, so her chances of being offed is high in my opinion. There is so much they can do with the character which is why I ask why it would be silly. The way she dies in Secret Empire is pretty shocking, so I can see them using that in some way for future films. They're talking about Taskmaster being the main villain for the film which I could totally be down with. Also, rumors seem to be true that Scarlett Johansson is getting the 15M mark, just like her male co-stars, so kudos to her.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Why would it be silly?

The solo movie for Widow has been confirmed to be a prequel film, so her chances of being offed is high in my opinion. There is so much they can do with the character which is why I ask why it would be silly. The way she dies in Secret Empire is pretty shocking, so I can see them using that in some way for future films. They're talking about Taskmaster being the main villain for the film which I could totally be down with. Also, rumors seem to be true that Scarlett Johansson is getting the 15M mark, just like her male co-stars, so kudos to her.
    Only silly in that if it is successful they won't be able to do more (least not more prequels) or use her again. I'm totally down for Taskmaster though!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Only silly in that if it is successful they won't be able to do more (least not more prequels) or use her again. I'm totally down for Taskmaster though!
    I think Black Widow has died three times in the comics so they can bring her back if they want to.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I think Black Widow has died three times in the comics so they can bring her back if they want to.
    True, pretty sure everyone has at least one death in the comics, some even several...nobody is ever REALLY dead in comics, unless your Uncle Ben.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    True, pretty sure everyone has at least one death in the comics, some even several...nobody is ever REALLY dead in comics, unless your Uncle Ben.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think it's just for everyone who died overall, whether they were dusted or not.
    But Spoiler: What about poor Heimdall? Nobody is going to avenge him? Kidding. You're right. But I guess only Thor is going to avenge Loki; I mean I don't see Barton doing it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    uh... Spoiler: this might be a big if but....if they are going to use Ant-Man to use time travel/quantum realm, then wouldn't it just mean just going back further to bring Gamora and Loki back?
    im asking because i don't remember how it went down in the comics, i mean... not that what happened in the comics matters to how they go about this or any other comic movie in the future.

also Spoiler: isn't it widely known that some characters will not be back? i mean until theres a reboot.. like Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow etc...

just curious as to what is actually known and what isn't.
    I not familiar enough with the comic storyline to answer that but as far as the movie goes, the only thing we are 100% sure is that Tony and Nebula do make it back to Earth. At this point, the rest is conjecture.

But there is a third Guardians movie coming so unless it only star Rabbit -- I mean Rocket, it's pretty safe to assume that the majority of the other Guardians are coming back.

I think.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I wouldn't even call the Tony/Nebula thing 100%. I know this is getting into tin-foil territory but Marvel's been known to intentionally CG their trailers and the bodies under those heads look weird.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pretty sure the directors confirmed some of the scenes in the trailer won't be in the film and were just for the trailer...so we have NO idea what'll happen!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    She makes a perfect fucking Sersi... I can dig it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The director, Chloé Zhao, is brilliant.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Snagged my End Game tickets. 3 more weeks and change to go.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    New Trailer just hit today!

Really really really hyped now. Lots of interesting stuff in this one, with Spoiler: Thanos seemingly hunched over next to his sword in that last bit at 00:53 as the Avengers walk towards him.
    Last edited by Jord; 04-02-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tickets ordered! Got IMAX and my body and eyes are ready.

Also, that Nebula / Rocket hand hold hit me right in the feels.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Cap has his shield back. I have a bad feeling about this.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Alamo Drafthouse Saturday 4/27. This insures no stupid fucks will ruin our movie going experience for arguably the most anticipated movie ever.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Going to get early (like 7am) tickets for the 25th so that i can enjoy it without any idiots and free up the afternoon to probably watch it again!

EDIT: Ticket is BOOKED! Also picked up my Shazam ticket.
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 04-04-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Both Fandango and the actual Portage IMAX websites kept crashing on me and my friend on Tuesday. Then a third friend hopped on and got tickets for Saturday on the first try.

So no Thursday show for me but Saturday will work. I am glad I don’t mind spoilers because it’ll be impossible for me to avoid something being revealed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bought my ticket yesterday for Endgame and so excited for this!
    i was reading that a ticket for i premiere night went for 15k? yikes! well i guess if one can afford it...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Marvel confirm that we should not expect the X-men (and i assume Fantastic Four) in the MCU until at least until the 5th phase

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47866461

This makes sense considering the success of the MCU comes from having the whole phases planned out in advanced, so the whole 4th phase has been locked down for some time, and just shoehorning in Mutants could potentially messed that up. This also gives us all something to look forward to seeing further down the road. It does look like Deadpool will continue though, as he can literally do whatever he likes with the meta.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Disney+ planning a Renner-led ‘Hawkeye’ series.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Disney+ planning a Renner-led ‘Hawkeye’ series.

<3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Managed to snag a ticket for Friday night...before realizing...that I may be on a road trip to Los Angeles that day. Oops.

So maybe I’ll end up stopping at a theater between here and LA and catching it on the way back!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mannnnn avoid Twitter. That is all.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm wary to even respond to this for fear of jinning something up. Let's all just move along quietly until next weekend.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Thanks for the warning. I have tickets for Friday night, so I was under the assumption that I'd only have to avoid the internet for Thursday and Friday until 8pm. I had a pretty significant moment in The Force Awakens spoiled for me the day before I saw it (and I had Thursday night tickets for that one, so it was well before opening night) and I'd definitely like to avoid that at all costs for this movie. I'll never understand why someone would want to be that big a of dickhead troll and spoil it for everyone.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Needless to say, if someone posts anything related to the leaks ahead of the movie's release date, you're going to be put into timeout.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I think it's safe to assume i'll be internet free (bar this board) for the next week