Page 112 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    X-Men are the case in point of those people being utter illiterate dumb fucks. The original social justice warriors and also constantly finding a way to insert queer people into comics while the comics code was still a thing

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Scroll through to 1:40, showcases the next few years of MCU movies and their dates.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-03-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really really curious if I'll like The Eternals, everything about it is putting me off right now and the little tease didn't help either. The rest of the trailer has me pumped though! Bring it!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What an intro.

Hearing Gemma Chan not whisper-talking was weird. She almost does, it's close. I hope this means we're getting an actual Eternals trailer soon.

The Marvels? So not Captain Marvel 2 anymore?

and what a tease for FF, lol.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-03-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Am I the only one wondering what happened to Blade? They announced it in 2019 and it's nowhere to be seen in this video. Unless maybe Feige considers it to be part of Phase 5 and this video is only meant to showcase Phase 4? Also, it's amazing to finally see GotG Vol. 3 being included with a new official logo and release date! I just wish it weren't a whole two years away, as it's one of the ones I'm most excited for. The one-two-three punch of Spider-Man 3/Doctor Strange 2/Thor 4 is going to be amazing and is what I'm most excited about in the near future.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well, there's also the TV shows and the GOTG Christmas Special. I have to think that Marvels is because of said TV shows. At any rate, I think you're right that all of this is just Phase 4. I mean, FF was announced and it was only barely teased so it makes sense.

Heard a rumor about the Blade movie title but it sounded so dumb I'm not even going to search for it to refresh my memory.

edit:

Looks like everyone is calling it a Phase 4 trailer so I guess that's that answered.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-03-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If memory serves when they did the Blade ravel it wasn't even included on the timeline they had on the stage and they said it's well WELL off, but just that it was happening. Pretty sure someone said it was phase 5 but don't quote me on that (and covid probably hasn't helped) That trailer did get my hyped though!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OK, lol, of course the FF tease is also the reveal/announce/whatever for phase four. Didn't even think about that until I saw it over and over in still images on twitter.

subtle.

Saw some Marvels pictures - meaning photos of the three people who are going to be in the movie - and it reminded me that every single image from Ms. Marvel looks like a television show. None of the other TV shows so far have managed to do that so that's the one I'm raising my eyebrow at. If they're going for a look like they did with WandaVision's first few eps, then OK. Something like the TGIF shows or Kim's Convenience (which would be neat considering the book I read where she got her powers), you know?

edit:

I am not this smart, I stole it from a YT comment:

I like how the Dr. Strange logo has Wanda’s powers surrounding it like Wanda’s taking over
    Huh.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-03-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Blade will not be coming for some time. There was an article I read a few months back as to why, just cannot find it. I'm stoked for everything coming... But WAKANDA FOREVER!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I mean I get AoS but Agent Carter? Wow.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Blade will not be coming for some time. There was an article I read a few months back as to why, just cannot find it. I'm stoked for everything coming... But WAKANDA FOREVER!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Spoiler: Love that little twist! Wednesdays it is! Really looking forward to this!

In other news: The making-of to Falcon & the Winter Soldier on Disney+ is really worth it. Too bad the show didn't touch me half as much as it must have been fun to film and I tend to the exact opposite of what some people have to say in that documentary (mainly their excitement for the Flag Smashers and Sharon...), but I really do enjoy Anthony Mackie. So at last the show made me appreciate him and his character alot more and I'm down for Cap4!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Huh. I wonder what's happening on Fridays then? Movie releases day-and-date? But that shouldn't matter...huh again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Thanks. Guess they changed it up then because it was definitely in the weeds a few months ago.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It’s the first date re: Blade that I’ve even seen. Gotta think filming eould
    carry through the rest of the year or so, so we’re talking what...mid-late 2023 release? Damn.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post

Spoiler: Love that little twist! Wednesdays it is! Really looking forward to this!

In other news: The making-of to Falcon & the Winter Soldier on Disney+ is really worth it. Too bad the show didn't touch me half as much as it must have been fun to film and I tend to the exact opposite of what some people have to say in that documentary (mainly their excitement for the Flag Smashers and Sharon...), but I really do enjoy Anthony Mackie. So at last the show made me appreciate him and his character alot more and I'm down for Cap4!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So Marvel announced a release date for a graphic novel today and it's being rushed to print so it will release at the same time as the final episode of the Loki show.

potential spoilers because it's more speculation than anything but I'm only linking for that reason.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0wxcs8V...jpg&name=large

don't say I didn't warn you that it might be a spoiler.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So I guess it's fairly certain that GotG 3 will be the last time Dave Bautista plays Drax...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I see they're doubling down on Venom's comic relief from the first. Can't say i was the biggest fan of that, but the Carnage design looks great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I haven’t followed this movie in literally any way, so wait what... Woody Harrelson? Hahaha nice.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, I am absolutely looking forward to this movie as I really enjoyed the first one, but that trailer was a bit boring and... not really funny? Carnage seems to be looking cool either way and I'm sure Harrelson will put on a good role/fight. Plus I do have high hopes that Andy Serkis is a cool director to have on such a project.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think Harrelson in the role is fine but I always pictured that Cletus was about the same age as Eddy... and uh... that isn't the case here.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 05-10-2021 at 10:33 AM. Reason: what typo?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We were all out on a walk the other night, having a good time, and for some reason started talking about the Spider-Man movies. My wife said that Venom was the only good one. And it's not like you can have a normal conversation to debate the point with her, she just said that and wouldn't defend the position other than to say she didn't like any of the other Spider-Man movies.

Not even Spider-Man 2.

We were having a good time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I love Tom Hardy being cast as Eddie Brock, but I don't like how they've made Venom a comic relief-type character. To me, that's a baffling choice and I wish they treated Venom more seriously because he doesn't feel very threatening after making a bunch of dumb jokes. I love Woody Harrelson and I'm sure he'll do well with the role, but I have always thought that Jackie Earle Haley would be the perfect Cletus Kasady. I have more faith in Andy Serkis as a director than Ruben Fleischer. Plus, it feels like a sure thing that Spider-Man (or at least Peter Parker) will make a cameo in this movie, so I'm sure it'll be better than the first movie, which I found to be a little dull.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegate; 05-10-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The trailer for the first movie was underwhelming, yet I enjoyed the final product way more than I expected to. This trailer was kinda boring, so hopefully it's the same with this flick. For Andy Serkis' sake, I hope it doesn't suck. I love that man.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 05-11-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Against all odds and against a deliberate desire to hate it, I liked the first Venom movie.

This trailer wasn't good though. The humor pushes past "leaning into camp," into "Marvel movie with too much humor" territory.

I also fucking hate when trailers and ads conceal the look of a character like carnage, a title character, not a twist, that is hopefully featured in the movie prominently. The entire advertising philosophy of concealing the product is annoying and super cynical. Woody Harrelson, love him as I might, doesn't seem to be bringing anything to this part, and I remain concerned that his woody harrelson-ness will ultimate be too distracting to allow carnage and Cletus Cassidy to breath. While I do think it's challenging to strike a proper tone with carnage, lest you find yourself just doing a Joker, I think the tone of the movie as a whole seems to pull away from where I would want it to be for carnage to be pulled off correctly

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Seems like they will go with that "Symbiote adapting to human life" schtick with the forced humor and dialogue... What was that in the beginning? Aside from that, still looking crazily forward to this since the first movie I actually really liked.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    One of my biggest problems with the first was that most of the fight scenes, especially at the end, they were all at night between 2 basically black monsters and i just could not see what the hell was happening...and this was in a cinema! The trailer looks like it'll be that again but a red version this time. I hope they at least make it easier to see, the only thing i want out of this is seeing Venom and Carnage fight!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Gotta love how Cletus smashes the little spider on the table though...

Having watched the trailer a couple of times, I think they really nailed Carnage here by his looks. Let's hope Woody does a decent job, but I understand the worries. I'd just wish for a lot more horror and body-horror elements in this one. They did well, when they did these in the first movie, but they could have gone a bit further for my taste. And I gotta agree with @Wretchedest here... bring Carnage more front up and center. At least that's what we are all here for, aren't we? A big fight and some nasty moves from Carnage!