Page 4 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Don't laugh at me but I had tears in my eyes when young Xavier yells "I don't want your suffering. I don't want your future!" to his older self and his older self answers calming with "please... we need you to hope again".

The feels, people; the feeeeels!

God I can't wait.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Me tooooooo!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, I'm putting this in my 25 films to see for 2014.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I'm beyond excited to see X-Men Days of Future Past.

I'm curious as to why all of the marvel movies have yet acknowledge the existence of superheroes from other movies in their own movies?

Are the movies just like the comics, that each character has a separate part of the multiverse?

Superheroes such as Spider-man, The Punisher, Blade, Fantastic Four (Jack Kirby must have rolled over in his grave), Dare Devil, Ghost Rider, Thor, Ironman etc.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Because different studios own franchise rights at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marvel has announced that they will develop four new television shows for Netflix based on Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones. The shows will all have at least 13 episodes before crossing over into a Defenders miniseries and will debut in 2015. Talk about a huge deal for Netflix and it should be exciting to see the gritty street-level side of the Marvel Universe on the small screen. Now hopefully we get a Punisher show sometime soon...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Y'know, I'd like to see Tom Jane reprise his turn as Frank Castle in a new movie and somehow get worked into the next Avengers movie. The second part won't HAPPEN, but a man can dream... War Zone was utter shit.

And for all its shitty bits, I still enjoyed Jane's Punisher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Punisher would do better on TV and take more of a Greg Rucka route in how they portray the character. Less dialogue, more of a focus on Frank as a force of nature who only cares about his mission. They could frame the show from the perspective of the NYPD who are trying to capture Punisher. Plus we could see a Punisher/Daredevil confrontation which would be awesome.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I very much prefer the idea of keeping these shows in the same universe but otherwise separate from the films. Iron Fist and Daredevil don't translate well to the kind of movies that Marvel Studios makes; Luke Cage could work in an Avengers movie because he's been an Avenger in the comics for a long time (but who hasn't?), and it would help keep the two tied together and remind audiences that "hey, yes, this is the same universe."

That said, did Marvel confirm that these are MCU TV series? I can't imagine why they wouldn't be, but I'd feel better knowing for sure that they are.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Y'know, I'd like to see Tom Jane reprise his turn as Frank Castle in a new movie and somehow get worked into the next Avengers movie. The second part won't HAPPEN, but a man can dream... War Zone was utter shit.

And for all its shitty bits, I still enjoyed Jane's Punisher.
    Tom Jane's Punisher was awesome, it was "far" from the comic but damn entretaining!
    That fight with the Russian and Travolta's performance are the high points for me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Soooo, from what I understand... Netflix is producing 4 new original shows, with 13 episodes each, and a mini-series. that's 52 episodes plus whatever the mini series is. Let's say another 3 or 4 hour long episodes? That's a HUGE deal. I'm curious as to how they are going to be released. I don't think they'll shoot their wad and release all 4 series at the same time. Probably two a year, but will all the episodes be released at once like other Netflix originals? How long are these episodes half hour or full hour? Will they link in with "Marvel's Agents of shield" at all?

I for one certainly hope going to the internet allows these characters to have a little more hair on them so to speak. And not as cookie cutter as the Disney show. Marvel has also recently acquired the rights back to "Blade" and "The Punisher". This gives them some good "anti-heros"(Like Loki) who would be great in a tv series or cameo appearences , but don't necessarily need a big budget origins movie to be introduced to the MCU. It also sets up any "Versus" movies they would want to do. I'd love a Hawkeye Vs Punisher movie.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out..

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    This is timely.

It is now my mission to seek out and watch as many of these as possible.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Better watch before it gets pulled. Deleted alternate ending to The Wolverine.

http://vk.com/video-35604661_1665786...7cc840cc2de471

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Better watch before it gets pulled. Deleted alternate ending to The Wolverine.

http://vk.com/video-35604661_1665786...7cc840cc2de471

that's pretty sweet

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hell, if you didn't see The Wolverine at all yet, better watch THIS before it gets pulled:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone have a new link to the Wolverine alternate ending?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    As someone who somewhat ragged on Agents of Shield pages ago, I will give it up and say the last 2 episodes were pretty solid. Seems like the show is rounding into form now. It's never going to be what I want it to be, but it's definitely starting to explore some deeper concepts and connect a few more dots in the bigger picture of the MCU. Seems like there is actually a long form game plan to tie it in to Avengers 2. Glad I didn't give up on it. I know the ratings have been getting lower and lower, so its death could be imminent, but I hope the show does in fact get renewed. Or at least gets a proper finish and some closure to the Coulson story if it does indeed get canned. Feels like Disney/Marvel really want this to work as a lead in to AoU, so I think we should see some form of a season 2, even if it has to be truncated to cut out some filler.

FYI next week's Thor tie in episode will be directed by Jonathan Frakes.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 11-16-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has anyone watched the extended cut of The Wolverine yet? I'm curious what people think. So far I've read pretty mixed reviews of it, with some people saying the added language/violence is unnecessary and only makes the film drag on longer, while others are saying it is their preferred cut.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Hi res image of the Amazing Spider Man 2 poster featuring Rhino, the "Green Goblin" and Electro...

HERE

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wait, so they turned the Rhino into a mechanical bull?

Also Jamie Foxx as Electro looks like Michael Jai White as Spawn without the mask.
    Last edited by imail724; 12-04-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    This is timely.

It is now my mission to seek out and watch as many of these as possible.
    They missed Generation X haha

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Wait, so they turned the Rhino into an mechanical bull?

Also Jamie Foxx as Electro looks like Michael Jai White as Spawn without the mask.
    As cliché as it sounds: Worst "costumes"... ever...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Wait, so they turned the Rhino into an mechanical bull?
    Rhinos storyline is that he "stole an experimental suit of armor from the U.S. military"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Before it's pulled...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Bryan Singer just tweeted something, of course it could mean anything but take it for what it is...

@BryanSinger #XMEN #Apocalypse 2016!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Bryan Singer just tweeted something, of course it could mean anything but take it for what it is...

@BryanSinger #XMEN #Apocalypse 2016!

Wow, I hope this happens. Apocalypse is my favorite mutant besides Magneto. He would be the perfect villain I think. They would just have to cast someone believable or pull a Dr Manhattan. Either way I can't wait for both movies.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Wow, I hope this happens. Apocalypse is my favorite mutant besides Magneto. He would be the perfect villain I think. They would just have to cast someone believable or pull a Dr Manhattan. Either way I can't wait for both movies.
    The guy that plays Xerxes on 300 would be perfect for Apocalypse i think.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hmm, that's a good call. I can imagine them finally mixing the franchises if Singer has his way. I mean, Days of Future Past could well be adapted as a "fragmented time" kind of thing to usher in the Age of Apocalypse... A man can dream, can't he? At the very least, I can see the Avengers universe characters being involved in whatever will be going on.

Also, if Apocalypse IS going to be in a movie it's likely Mr. Sinister will be showing his face! This fan-made image turned up in a Google search for Apocalypse, I hope a studio exec sees it, because I think it would be great casting:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Paul Rudd as Ant-Man?

He gets my vote.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I am completely fine with Paul Rudd playing Hank Pym.