Page 10 of 137 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Joaquin Phoenix in final talks to lead Doctor Strange

I only have two words: FUCK YES! This better be true or I will be terribly vexed!
    Last edited by marodi; 08-28-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Joaquin Phoenix in final talks to lead Doctor Strange

I only have two words: FUCK YES! This better be true or I will be terribly vexed!
    Lot of people rumored for that role. I wonder who will get it? There's also suppose to be no origin story, they're just going straight into it. I wonder how that will play...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Thor: Dark World
    Thor
    Iron Man 2
    Both Hulk movies

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Two more after the one coming out next year?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looks like just Avengers 2 and 3

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah, he's only signed to Avengers 2 and 3. Things kind of point to Avengers 3 being a bit of an exodus for the current cast, to make way for new heroes in Phase 3, hopefully.

Then again, Chris Evans basically said he'll have to be fired or murdered to put down the shield, so we'll see.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Each Marvel Cinematic Universe "phase" culminates with that phase's Avengers film.

So the third Avengers film will lead into Phase 4.

And, personally, I'm fine with the Iron Man trilogy As Is. But I still hope that once Marvel/Disney makes another couple billion bucks with RDJ's trilogy of Avengers films they'll be willing to pay whatever exorbitant rate he demands for further Avengers appearances.

Mostly, I just think it'd be a shame if we never really get a Rogers vs. Stark Civil War arc in the MCU, and with the last contractually-obligated RDJ appearance pretty obviously being the Infinitely Gauntlet/Crusade/War or w/e at the end of Phase 3 it seems increasingly unlikely to happen without another MASSIVE payday for RDJ.

He's obviously worth it and they paymasters can obviously spring for it so I guess it's really just a matter of whether or not he WANTS to do more Marvel movies. At roughly 50 million bucks a pop I'd pretty much do ANYTHING, lol.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What I meant was that new heroes will hopefully be set up in Phase 3, and then after Avengers 3, those heroes will step up and be the center of future phases.

Civil War cannot happen without Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. The MCU doesn't have the proper analogues for them, and they're huge parts of that arc.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I figured you might've meant that, I was just clarifying just in case.

And the possibility IS still there for Sony and Fox and whoever to work out a deal for intercompany "expanded" MCU crossover films...we still can't rule that out just yet.

On the other hand, I think it would be FAR simpler (and more likely) for Marvel/Disney to just drop the Fantastic Four and Spiderman plot threads and keep it boiled down to Registration vs. Non-Registration factions, focusing on Stark vs. Rogers with both sides populated by whatever random MCU characters they see fit.

Peter Parker outing himself publicly and the internal drama of breaking up Marvel's "first family" were both a big deal but they weren't really the CORE points of the storyline. The heart of the Civil War plot was basically a more generalized retelling of the '80s Mutant Registration Act arc and driving a HUGE wedge between fellow superheroes falling on opposing sides of the policy. And you don't REALLY need the FF or Spiderman or the X-Men to accomplish that within the already established MCU framework.

Just sayin', it could definitely work without them and I'd love to see it happen either way!

And I just think making it happen with the original cast's Stark and Rogers would make it worth doing Civil War A.S.A.P., rather than waiting for half the major movie studios of Hollywood to pull their heads out of their asses and take the money just waiting on the table for them to finally fully unite the various separate movieverses of Marveldom.

Whatever. Just a bit of fun fanboy speculation and daydreams.

We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm just psyched and amazed that there even IS an official, interconnected MCU, let alone one so awesome and successful as this. Whatever happens, it's still a MASSIVE win for comics and movie fans everywhere.

Excelsior! and all that.

:)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

My precious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My precious.
    Mine will be waiting for me when I get home from work. Gonna watch the shit out of that tonight.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Still disappointed that there's no One-Shot, but how about them plush figures though?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Alright, so I knew that Netflix and Marvel signed a deal. We'll get series featuring Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fish and Daredevil. I knew this when it was first announced basically. What I failed to see though is THE DEFENDERS announcement as well. I found out this morning. We'll also be getting a potential Inhumans film. Annnnnnd hnnnnnng. I can't wait. The reason I brought up the netflix thing is because do you think they'll crossover into the cinematic universe? One can only hope that the Guardians, Avengers, Inhumans and Defenders come together to fight Thanos at the climax called The Avengers 3. Heh. I would subtitle it: Everyone dies, but not really. (You'll get the joke if you've read the Infinity Gauntlet storyline) I'm just hoping for the best and it might be the cake I ate but I haven't been this excited since, well, ever. Rambling over.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    The reason I brought up the netflix thing is because do you think they'll crossover into the cinematic universe?
    I'm pretty sure they've already announced that all that Netflix/Marvel stuff is meant to exist within continuity relative to the MCU films, just like the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." show.

Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    We'll get series featuring Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fish and Daredevil.
    FINALLY.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've already announced that all that Netflix/Marvel stuff is meant to exist within continuity relative to the MCU films, just like the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." show.

FINALLY.
    Cool. I'm looking forward to that so much now. Also that picture is amazing. Sorry for the typo though. Heh.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think the Netflix series will have far more room to cross over with the films, because they're not being shown on network television (ABC, of all channels). Daredevil's showrunner has already said that there'll be an edge to Daredevil, darker content without descending into overly-edgy garbage (hopefully). These series already sound much, much better than SHIELD, and that's coming from someone who enjoyed the entire season on some level.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Daredevil is going to be fucking incredible. They've put together an amazing cast. I couldn't be more excited for Vincent D'onofio as Kingpin.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Dude's literally just Kingpin in real life now. This show's going to be awesome.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Anyone else watch the season premiere of MAOS?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's already way better than the vast majority of season one. I have no idea what they did with Talbot, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://comicbook.com/2014/09/11/excl...-jeffrey-bell/

apparently they are doing a 10 episode run of SHIELD, followed by an 8 week break in which Agent Carter will air, followed by another 12 episode run. Sounds pretty sweet, and I'm excited by the fact that they're going to be telling a standalone story for 8 episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda want to save the first 8 episodes and binge watch...I hate waiting a week between episodes. Don't think I'll be able to contain myself though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm way too excited for Agent Carter. My friends and I kept joking during the opening minutes of SHIELD that they'd just scrapped season two and were doing a surprise thirty-episode run of Agent Carter instead.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I was internally squeeing during the opening scene.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The first proper Age of Ultron trailer will be attached to Interstellar, which means it'll be online a week or so before Interstellar comes out (Nov. 7).

Strap in kids, the hype train is back on the rails.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yay! More shallow glorified action figure commercials!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You're so cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No one's forcing you to pay attention, nvr.