Page 107 of 137 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 4104

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Absolutely loved the whole series aside from the finale. A ton of build up and it ultimately just felt anti-climactic.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Not sure what to feel still about the finale. Loved it, thought it was some of the best Marvel I've seen, but also felt a little hollow in some parts, partly because Spoiler: White Vision just fucking dipped without any further explanation and furthermore, Spoiler: Ralph Bohner??? Y'all strung me along with the hope of a multiverse along with Evan Peters Quicksilver just for a boner joke?

I am intrigued that Spoiler: Wanda's kids still seem to exist as she heard them at the end, meaning further exploration of that storyline in future Movies. Part of me also wonders what Ralph was doing in witness protection according to Agatha, so maybe there was more to Evan Peter's character than meets the eye.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Not sure what to feel still about the finale. Loved it, thought it was some of the best Marvel I've seen, but also felt a little hollow in some parts, partly because Spoiler: White Vision just fucking dipped without any further explanation and furthermore, Spoiler: Ralph Bohner??? Y'all strung me along with the hope of a multiverse along with Evan Peters Quicksilver just for a boner joke?

I am intrigued that Spoiler: Wanda's kids still seem to exist as she heard them at the end, meaning further exploration of that storyline in future Movies. Part of me also wonders what Ralph was doing in witness protection according to Agatha, so maybe there was more to Evan Peter's character than meets the eye.
    All of this. This is how I feel, exactly lol. Spoiler: Once he leaves and fake Vision comes out the the building, NO ONE acknowledges or even asks what may have happened to him? I can sort of understand why Vision didn't say anything, or the kids not asking, but not even Wanda asking anything??

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The ending was 50/50. It didn't quite land all the way with me. Felt a little off.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post

Ralph was the Spoiler: missing witness? I missed that, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Spoiler: There is no "transfer." The original Vision already had the memories. Hayward had restricted his access to them. New Vision just unlocked them.
    right, that's what I meant.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Things that you discover on the internet...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just watched Infinity War, Jesus that must have been depressing to watch at the cinema and know you had to wait a year for the conclusion! Only 3 more to go and I’m all caught up with the MCU

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It definitely made endgame all the more exciting in the theater on day 1

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just watched Infinity War, Jesus that must have been depressing to watch at the cinema and know you had to wait a year for the conclusion! Only 3 more to go and I’m all caught up with the MCU
    There's four movies after IW though!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Something happened with her and the Mind Stone and to this point we've assumed that's what gave her the powers she has but it turns out it wasn't that at all because maybe she's born with it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I think that Evan Peters was a false-flag operation by Disney. "Oh hey, we've got this guy and is he a mutant? is he from Fox's X-Men? who can tell?" and then you have hundreds of articles talking about mutants and now everyone is primed for mutants / x-men to show up. It's not going to be this show but the heavy lifting of "what tf is a mutant?" for the masses is sort of done for them. they're probably going to still do something but a lot of what they needed to do was crowd-sourced by the fans and media with all of the articles and speculation.
    It was def. a red herring to mess w/the fans. I'm ok with it b/c it was fun and cleverly done. And Wanda's abilities do have some effect on causing powers/mutations/something, b/c what she created is responsible for Monica's new powers. Or that's at least what we're led to believe at this point.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    probably not the right book to be studying though.

speaking of that book, what does this mean for Agents of SHIELD? I thought that book was in there?
    AoS is over. Finale was last year. And the show eventually made it clear it wasn't going to play in the movie sandbox anyway.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

this meme has been very entertaining all weekend.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    And I know I should understand this, but I can be dumb. Can someone explain what specifically Agnes wanted to do with Wanda's powers (literally extract the power from her? Or did she just want to control her?), and why Wanda then just started hurling her magic/power at her during the flying fight scene? It felt like she was giving up. Was that just a ruse that led to her runes trick? And what the hell was the runes trick when they were in the air? How does that work exactly?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    There's four movies after IW though!
    I forgot about Spiderman Far From Home!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    And I know I should understand this, but I can be dumb. Can someone explain what specifically Agnes wanted to do with Wanda's powers (literally extract the power from her? Or did she just want to control her?), and why Wanda then just started hurling her magic/power at her during the flying fight scene? It felt like she was giving up. Was that just a ruse that led to her runes trick? And what the hell was the runes trick when they were in the air? How does that work exactly?
    Agnes was very disingenuous about power, even in Salem. "I can be better!" but sucked their power anyway. She was the shark in the Yo Magic commercial, basically.

as for hurling power, she was crafting the runes in the walls of the hex which, since it had a roof, was a 'room' of a sort. so once the runes were on the 'walls' of the room, her power was restricted. The wishy-washy part of this though was that she was still flying though. But it was an illusion, Michael.

I was unsure if it was intentional that Agatha/Agnes was supposed to seem weak-willed when it came to her own power. It was played two different ways and it just seemed like it was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Or shark, if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    AoS is over. Finale was last year. And the show eventually made it clear it wasn't going to play in the movie sandbox anyway.
    Right, but I thought that the Darkhold was in that show as well? I was just wondering if someone who had seen both versions could comment.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The last thing that happened with the Darkhold in Agents of Shield was that Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider took it through a portal to another dimension. So if there was any connective tissue whatsoever between the show and films (yes, i know what's been said before about it) i have to imagine Agatha Harkness could have easily snatched it up from there somehow or it was handed to her by whatever evil forces she might serve. Chthon, Mephisto? who knows.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-08-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    [*]The Darkhold appears in the fourth season of the television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.[10] According to S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson, this version of the Darkhold was sought by numerous parties over the years. While its pages appear blank, words will manifest before corporeal readers in their native language. The book was found by Momentum Labs workers Joseph Bauer and his wife Lucy, who used it in their research to create matter from nothing. However, the lab technician Eli Morrow became obsessed with the power the Darkhold offered, turning Lucy and her co-workers into ghost-like beings and putting Joseph into a coma in his pursuit to claim it, only to learn it was hidden away. After freeing her coworkers, Lucy undergoes her own quest to find the Darkhold, restore her physical form, and resume her work.[11] In the episodes "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" and "Lockup", Lucy uses her ghostly abilities to revive Joseph and learn the book's location, unintentionally killing him the process. Due to her incorporeal state, Lucy is forced to free Eli from South Ridge Penitentiary and succeeds at the cost of her fellow ghosts. In "The Good Samaritan", Eli and Lucy created a replica of their laboratory at an abandoned Roxxon Power Plant. After Melinda May contained the Darkhold and Lucy was vanquished by Robbie Reyes / Ghost Rider, Eli uses the machine to grant himself the power to create matter from nothing. In "Deals With Our Devils", Holden Radcliffe has AIDA read the Darkhold so she can create an interdimensional portal and rescue Coulson and Leo Fitz before secretly using her newly acquired knowledge to create LMDs. Following Eli's defeat, the Koenig family hid the Darkhold in a S.H.I.E.L.D. base called the Labyrinth until Radcliffe steals it to gain immortality. In "BOOM", the Watchdog Superior Anton Ivanov uses the book to assist in his plans in killing Inhumans. In "Self Control", AIDA uses the Darkhold to create LMDs for Ivanov as well as LMD duplicates of Coulson's team. In the season finale, "World's End", Robbie secures the Darkhold following AIDA's defeat and takes it to another dimension to keep it out of the wrong hands.
    [*]The Darkhold appears in the third season of the television series Runaways.[12] Having acquired it as of the episode "Merry Meet Again", Morgan le Fay planned to use its knowledge to conquer Earth following her escape from the Dark Dimension and stored the book at the Essex Tower Hotel. In order to rescue Alex Wilder from the Dark Dimension, Nico Minoru and her parents Tina and Robert infiltrate the hotel in an attempt to steal the Darkhold. In "Left-Hand Path", Robert uses his WizGlasses to record select pages to help Nico access the book's spells, but Morgan detects, teleports to, and kills him on his way out. In his final moments however, Robert hands his glasses to Nico, which she later uses in conjunction with the Staff of One to open a portal to the Dark Dimension, only for the spell to summon Cloak and Dagger instead. In "Devil's Torture Chamber", Nico explains herself to the duo, who help her rescue Alex. In "The Broken Circle", the Runaways joined forces with Pride to use the Darkhold to foil Morgan's plans and send her back to the Dark Dimension.
    [*]The Darkhold appears in the MCU live-action series WandaVision (2021).[13][14] At some point in time, Agatha Harkness came into possession of it and used it to determine Wanda Maximoff's true nature as the Scarlet Witch. After defeating Harkness and going into hiding, Maximoff takes the Darkhold for her own use.
    looks like it popped up on Runaways as well. I totally forgot that - and Cloak and Dagger - existed.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Coming to think of it, I was trying to wrap my mind around what these new television shows mean, as I never watched any other MCU show nor AoS.

It's a pretty bold move to give a character that has been a bit minor so far (only looking at the movies here) such a big developement within a 9-episode run. So catching up with the MCU is bound to become a big chore for people starting now. I understand many people are dissapointed with the finale as it looked like we were being teased so many cool things, yet ultimately cameos, mutants and grander schemes were misinterpreted by the fandom. Wishful thinking at best and I'm guilty as charged here. Although the show-runners certainly teased us, probably to keep us on the edge and invested in the show.

They did a great job imho, especially since never was too fond of Wanda or Vision with Wanda rising up to be among my favorite characters in the entirety of these movies.

Right now, I'd much rather have bigger reveals coming within a proper movie, but that could just be me. So I'm really curious where all of this leads, how Falcon and Loki will expand on it this year and what the new movies will bring to the front. Is Black Widdow only a little side-step / flashback, or will it explain certain things? How will Spider-Man and Strange 2 connect and bring the story forward? Thor? Guardians? Endless possibilities...

I'm pretty happy what Marvel is doing these days, since I was utterly sceptical at first, given the fact that Endgame seemed like such a wrap up where we even said goodbye to key characters. I hope they can keep the momentum and not get deterred with multiverses and stuff like Eternals and Shang-Chi, both of which I have zero interest in for now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I only know that I had zero idea who Guardians of the Galaxy were and then I saw the movie and it was brilliant. If they keep that up - and WandaVision was definitely a test of that, I think - then I think Eternals and Shang-Chi could be a further expansion of the universe. No pun intended.

Also I heard in an interview with Matt Shakman that they're bringing the Mandarin back for Shang-Chi so that's going to be interesting.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    looks like it popped up on Runaways as well. I totally forgot that - and Cloak and Dagger - existed.
    Cloak and Dagger is very much worth watching.. the Runaways... well, it kinda depends on much tolerance you have teenage drama. Better than Gifted still...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hey! The Gifted was an inch away from being great

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Hey! The Gifted was an inch away from being great
    The best things was the way they did Blink, the Frosts and Polaris... beyond that... the whole "but we're the GOOD Von Struckers!" just really seemed hollow...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Saw the leaked images of the supposed baddies in Eternals and that movie is gonna be something. I can feel it

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was reading the director part of the movie and this sounds amazing:
    During late August, Marvel's director search for Eternals narrowed to a shortlist that included Chloé Zhao—who had also been in the running to direct Marvel's Black Widow (2021)—Nicole Kassell, Travis Knight, and the pair of Cristina Gallego and Ciro Guerra.[20] Zhao approached Marvel Studios about making the film as she had been a fan of the MCU and wanted to work with them to bring her own take to the franchise with world-building,[22] and was chosen to direct the film a month later,[20][23] after impressing Marvel with a presentation that included "reams of visuals" to convey her pitch for the film. Feige called her pitch "fascinating", and said the vision she brought to the film was one of the reasons Zhao was hired.[24] The presentation left Marvel concerned she might take on a different big-studio project instead, forcing them to move quickly to secure her.[20][23] Zhao hoped to push the film "further and bigger" after Avengers: Endgame (2019), and wanted to bring her love of manga to the project to make it "more of that marriage of East and West".[24] As well, she wanted both "scope and scale" and "intimacy" with the film.[25]

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    The best things was the way they did Blink, the Frosts and Polaris... beyond that... the whole "but we're the GOOD Von Struckers!" just really seemed hollow...
    Yeah the family kind of sucked as a whole but the core of that idea was good.

Definitely, they killed it with the Cuckoo's and did a solid Polaris and Thunderbird/Warpath. They also did kind of a solid Bishop and a few others... A recurring theme on this show wax doing a knock off version of a popular x men character and giving them a different name. Legion did that too, so I feel like there was a mandate from fox to like literally not be allowed to drop magnetos name or anything. Or maybe a licensing issue.

All the ingredients for something awesome were there, but the whole was less than the sum of it's parts

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    @allegate: Well, that hightens my interest for the movie. I still have major problems with the cast, which I find incredibly unlikeable. But hey, all it needs is a good script to make an actor shine, so let's see.

Have there been any statements about the future of all things Marvel and what they have in mind for the bigger picture by Feige? I do get the impression that they'll stick with the core-characters from Phase 1 that we all love by giving them their spotlight with these TV shows and key roles in upcoming movies for other characters, whereas they will follow along different and maybe parallel paths, like stories that take place in the present, stories that take place in the Multiverses and present and some otherworldy stuff.

I'd be down for that and I hope they don't try to sum everything up again under the name of one big bad villain like Thanos. It makes perfect sense for me to keep things fresh and not follow down the same route again, but with different characters. For now it seems to add up nicely one step at a time. What I don't necessarily want is having to see every single movie they do to understand the main story, instead I'd like to focus on the characters and storylines that I'm invested in.
    Last edited by dlb; 03-11-2021 at 03:58 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So apparently the witness in the protection is a big deal and is going to come up in a movie if not one of the shows. Feige said that.

at 1:15 there are bullets hitting the ground. the problem is that those are bullets, not shells.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    at 1:15 there are bullets hitting the ground. the problem is that those are bullets, not shells.
    That's because the bullets are being shot at Sam and they are bouncing off the shield or his wings?

This is my favorite tv spot with a bit of behind the scene stuff: