Page 89 of 137 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Eternals drops in Nov 2020. Shang-Chi in Feb 2021. Dr. Strange in The Multiverse of Madness in May 2021. SEVEN Marvel movies in 2021. Loki series to debut in early 2021 on Disney+.

hahaha Thor: Love and Thunder? Aight.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-20-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That's the first time within the MCU the same actor has played two different parts, right?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    That's the first time within the MCU the same actor has played two different parts, right?
    Yes*, but are we sure he's Blade and not the director? (based on the clip I saw, that wasn't particularly clear)

* - I mean, sure, there's the Chris Evans, Michael B. Jordan and Josh Brolin as well but not within the MCU...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-21-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yes, Ali will play Blade, which is all sorts of awesome.

You know what else is awesome? The Hawkeye series. Caw caw motherfucker!

I'm not as ecstatic for Natalie Portman as Thor and it's because she was so incredibly bland in her MCU movies.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I feel pretty confident in saying they are just throwing out the Netflix shows from cannon. They were at best questionably included with only the slightest references any ways, and Disney will want to keep cannon exclusive to their content provider. It's much simpler to say that the MCU cannon is all theatrical films plus whatever is released on Disney plus.

This will also solve the Alfre Woodard in Civil War appearance as well.

Some of the actors may still eventually return as their characters, Daredevil and Punisher being most possible, but they may just leave those dormant for a while. Whether or not they start fresh again, or just allude to the history, (ala the Incredible Hulk to the original Hulk), either way it would be a relatively easy transition.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    You know what else is awesome? The Hawkeye series. Caw caw motherfucker!
    brobrobro, seriously bro.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm beyond psyched for Thor 4 and I really, really dig the title of the Dr Strange sequel. I don't really care about Black Widow and I have no clue what to expect of the Eternals. Looking at the TV shows I'm also a bit meh... will definitely watch but I can do without Hawkeye, Falcon and Bucky. Loki could be interesting, but that's just my appreciation for Hiddleston.

Blade? Well, count me in! Shang-Chi? No idea...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I'm beyond psyched for Thor 4 and I really, really dig the title of the Dr Strange sequel. I don't really care about Black Widow and I have no clue what to expect of the Eternals. Looking at the TV shows I'm also a bit meh... will definitely watch but I can do without Hawkeye, Falcon and Bucky. Loki could be interesting, but that's just my appreciation for Hiddleston.

Blade? Well, count me in! Shang-Chi? No idea...
    I'm pretty much with you word for word there. A Black Widow film doesn't really tempt me much, Eternals could go either way I just don't know enough about them. Always down for more Thor after Ragnarok, and I'm up for a Strange sequel, there's potential there.

I'm excited for Wandavision as I like those 2 characters, and I always want to see more Loki so that will be cool. It's gonna take some adjustment without Tony Stark from here on out for me, I was hoping that in Far From Home he's be the voice of the EDITH glasses but it wasn't what happened. My most anticipated film is GOTG3 for the next phase if it even makes it in.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm excited for Thor and Blade, and probably a bunch of the upcoming stuff they *didn't* announce
    I don't know much about the eternals, but comic fans seems less excited about that one than they were for the Guardians movie

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I could imagine that people are more psyched about the X-Men hitting the MCU at this point than having to sit through a not-so-beloved franchise like the Eternals. I guess it will all make sense in the grand scheme of things, but people seem thirsty for other things right now, mainly GOG3 and maybe Dr Strange. I have absolutely no idea who'd want a Black Widow movie anymore right now... It's like somebody finished their story but goes, ah, fuck, forgot a nice little anecdote which might be interesting though. Ah let's see.. Taskmaster looks interesting enough and it has Florence Pugh who I find very likeable.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i've been mulling over just what the announcements mean for the MCU. Firstly they ddi confirm FF and Mutants will be thing thing at some point, and Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Spidey 3 and GotG 3 are happening and will probably still be part of this phase (maybe not Spidey 3), we just don't know what Avengers film will be at the end so they might be around that (they probably don't wanna announce that far ahead until everything is fully planned out)

I'm SUPER excited for Blade, Thor 4 and Dr Strange. I did see a quote saying Wanda will be in Dr Strange (called it!) and will lead into the Wand Vision show so...time to spitball here.

Dr Strange will confirm the multiverse is a thing after Spidey's tease (also i had a feeling Strange would be off earth in a way) and Wanda will be in tow, presumably to learn to better control her powers under someone who uses actual magic. Now what i think might happen here is Wanda find a verse with Vison still alive and decides to stay there leading into their show. They start a family, they have some hi-jinks, all seems great. But what if someone manages to really snap Wanda, by say killing Vison and her new family, that would probably be more then enough for her, and whatever she learned under Strange, to trigger a massive reality bend that COULD bring in the mutants ala House of M perhaps?

All in all i'm quite excited for the TV stuff too, feels like they'll actually be tied into the MCU proper, and while i don't know much about the Eternals or Shang-Chi but that makes me all the more excited to see where they go. Also Blade could be awesome, the first 2 originals were great when i was a kid (they haven't exactly aged well) so i can't wait to see what they do.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching S6 of AoS... I liked it! Excited to see what S7 brings. I wonder when it'll come out...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Armie is bringing up something a lot of folks (including myself) have known for a long time.

That’s all I got.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It’s odd for him to bring that up though. What was he expecting, people to start boycotting marvel?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Very frustrating. The comics really are so fucking liberal. Can't they just cut that dude out?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    https://www.out.com/news/2019/8/09/m...t0JXSxYJ-wJdr0

Yup, even Marvel has pieces of shit running the company. Just remember when you pay money towards a Marvel product that you are also paying money to support Trump.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally watched Avenger's: Endgame ... I liked it. A solid way to end things as they were and setting up a bit for the new Disney+ shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m so pissed off about the eternals, man. Years ago they forced these characters on us. They’re awful. They’re supposed to be some grand explanation for the MU? Bullshit. I made it through like two issues.

If if you ask me, it’s a bunch of assholes trying to horn in on what the MU was and is and should be. Like someone finally bought their way into creative control, and the eternals are them expressing their philosophy. And it’s a shitty philosophy. Like scientology shitty.

GIVE ME MUTANT MOVIES NOW!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punk View Post
    I’m so pissed off about the eternals, man. Years ago they forced these characters on us. They’re awful. They’re supposed to be some grand explanation for the MU? Bullshit. I made it through like two issues.

If if you ask me, it’s a bunch of assholes trying to horn in on what the MU was and is and should be. Like someone finally bought their way into creative control, and the eternals are them expressing their philosophy. And it’s a shitty philosophy. Like scientology shitty.

GIVE ME MUTANT MOVIES NOW!!!
    i know nothing​ about the eternals but this has me really worried about those movies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i know nothing​ about the eternals but this has me really worried about those movies...
    Seriously, the book stank (sorry, JRjr). It tried to explain away the individual origins of ALL THE HEROES OF THE MU as some kind of plan the Celestials put in place to control the outcome of the universe. It really waters down all the characters who aren’t eternals, and that blows.

I’ll watch it, but I don’t think I will like it. Probably gonna leave pissed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Very frustrating. The comics really are so fucking liberal. Can't they just cut that dude out?
    The comics may seem liberal AF, but that’s just on the surface. They really uphold shitty and false gender roles from the art to the fact that the wolverine has a habit of addressing female characters as, “Frail”. And he’s one of the best characters. But he regularly speaks of females diminutively.

As far as Perlmutter goes, the characters and truth of the characters are far more powerful than he is and will certainly outlive him. There may (and should), someday soon, be a fight against him and his kind of bullshit in the MU. I’ll sign up for that draft.

Dickhead.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well this is some shit news. Due to SONY and Disney being unable to reach a financial agreement (of course)...

Spider-Man is no longer going to be in the MCU moving forward.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well this is some shit news. Due to SONY and Disney being unable to reach a financial agreement (of course)...

Just read up on this. So Disney wanted a 50/50 deal, and Sony wanted to keep the status quo? This sucks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

That fucking blows. I was at least hoping for a third Spider-Man movie in the MCU. Sony will regret this someday soon. I guess we should just be glad that the original deal happened at all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

comingsoon.net's article has some additional info that sounds like all hope is not yet lost:

UPDATE: io9 paints a picture of these events as less doom-and-gloom as some might think. A representative for Sony told the outlet the dispute between studios “is simply over a producer credit and negotiations are ongoing.” The original story follows.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This is the one of the most upsetting pieces of entertainment news I can think of, ever

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That fucking blows. I was at least hoping for a third Spider-Man movie in the MCU. Sony will regret this someday soon. I guess we should just be glad that the original deal happened at all.
    It's pretty simple, Marvel/Spider-Man fans need to say that they are going boycott any Sony related Spider-Man movie from now on if he is not part of the MCU. Show Sony they're making a mistake and now going to lose money. Venom was crap anyway and I can imagine the Spider-Man movies will go down hill without Marvel's involvement. I rather no more Spider-Man movies than shitty new ones. Sony will probably just reboot it again.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    It's pretty simple, Marvel/Spider-Man fans need to say that they are going boycott any Sony related Spider-Man movie from now on if he is not part of the MCU. Show Sony they're making a mistake and now going to lose money. Venom was crap anyway and I can imagine the Spider-Man movies will go down hill without Marvel's involvement. I rather no more Spider-Man movies than shitty new ones. Sony will probably just reboot it again.
    The thing is, this is kind of Disney's fault, by all accounts. Seemingly, Sony was still willing to play ball, and Disney walked away from the table.

Sony wanted to maintain the status quo, which was lucrative for everyone. Marvel wanted to go from a 5% to a 50% stake in these movies, that's nuts! Sony tried to split that difference in some unknown way, and rather than compromise Disney said no.

Sony does have some chips here in that their ability to produce quality Spidey movies has measurably increased, but clearly they wanted to continue to go forward.