Page 71 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was off the Internet for the last two weeks so I wasn't able to see a lot of the fallout in the twitterverse over this but I noticed that most of the entertainment podcasts (once I caught up with them) didn't mention it much other than a "Disney might change their mind" and a general wink wink in that they got caught up in the hysteria and made a rash decision that they'll change. I wonder though if the amount of egg on their face is a reason they don't go back to Gunn. Sure it was a bad player that convinced them to make the decision but it was made.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Possible Reprieve On James Gunn & ‘Guardians’ As Marvel Back Channels With Disney?

Might there be a glimmer of hope for change of heart in the quick banishment of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn from the Magic Kingdom? Nobody is talking about it, but sources said that back channel conversations are taking place between Marvel Studios and Disney. Sources said the Marvel contingent is trying to persuade Disney to explore a compromise that might bring Gunn back into the fold for Guardians 3, something that clearly would be best for the franchise. There is no clash or strong arming here. I’m told it’s a discussion that comes in the wake of the whole cast declaring their loyalty to Gunn, whose abrupt exit has put a thriving film franchise in a rocky place. One would have to label this 11th hour approach to be a long shot, but the community is talking about it.

Read more at...
    https://deadline.com/2018/08/james-g...pt-1202443199/

Go Marvel!!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Be interesting to see where this goes. Marvel clearly know how much of an influence Gunn had on GotG (the film franchise NOBODY outside comic's knew about until Gunn brought us it's film form) and must realise anyone trying to take over, and possibly rewriting his script, will have an uphill battle that could dent them in the long run.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "It’s not an easy time. We all love James and he’s a good friend of ours, but we also really love playing the Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s a complicated situation for everybody. And you know, we just want to move forward and do what’s right and be the best people we can be.” - Chris Pratt

https://www.nme.com/news/film/chris-...y-time-2367072

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Reports coming out that Disney met with Gunn, and the official decision is that he will not be rehired.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Reports coming out that Disney met with Gunn, and the official decision is that he will not be rehired.
    I've seen articles reporting the meeting, but nothing on a decision. I don't see why Disney would meet with him unless they were seriously considering. Why meet to say "Hey, remember when we fired you? Well, you're still fired. Thanks for coming to the meeting."

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/d...reinstatement/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I've seen articles reporting the meeting, but nothing on a decision. I don't see why Disney would meet with him unless they were seriously considering. Why meet to say "Hey, remember when we fired you? Well, you're still fired. Thanks for coming to the meeting."

Perhaps it was more "look we may have backed ourselves into a corner here, but we can't really rehire you right now BUT we would like to continue working with you for the script and future projects when the dust has settled"

At least that's my take. Disney know who integral Gunn is to GotG, but they also know what a cluster fuck Social Media is right now and probably realise they made an error axing him so quickly but also realise the fallout of re-hiring would bring them, Gunn and the 3rd film...at least right now anyway.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

"Hey James. So, we breached the contract we wrote with you when we decided you needed to be fired for things you said seven years ago. Here's the settlement that we're offering, and in exchange, we hope that this is an amicable parting for now and that we can work together again in the future. We'd also appreciate if this doesn't get drawn out in a long legal fight."

*Gunn accepts eight-figure payment, goes on to get hired immediately at other studios building their own cinematic universes*

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I can see him getting a Green Lantern movie.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I can see him getting a Green Lantern movie.
    I have always thought that he'd be the perfect choice for a reboot of Transformers done in a style closer to the G1 era. The way he handled Guardians where they have all this crazy cosmic stuff and don't take themselves too seriously, but the humor isn't reduced to dick, fart, piss, and masturbation jokes, would be a great fit for Transformers. A live-action version of the 1986 animated movie would be fantastic, but I'd welcome a new script written by him, too. It's a shame he can't finish his GotG trilogy and I'm still holding out hope that this swings back the other way and they re-hire him even though it seems very unlikely. They'd better at least use his script.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Never mind!
    Last edited by october_midnight; 08-16-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Speaking of Green Lantern...

Cruise apparently wants him to not die at the end in order to consider taking the role.
    I didn’t realize Marvel owned Green Lantern.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I didn’t realize Marvel owned Green Lantern.
    D’oh! What I get for posting while at work. :P

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    We are definitely reaching a sort of obnoxious point of out of proportion fanboy whining. I don't think the guy should have been fired but what's done is done. Their next director is sure to be treated with some disturbing, unearned vitriol from the toxic parts of the "fandom."

I love guardians 1, but guardians 2 was pretty lukewarm to me, and as with so many other marvel sequels where a change in director has been a benefit guardians 3 couldnin the end be better for it. The Russo brothers were certainly able to handle them fine in the last avengers movie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They should bring Nicole Perlman back for a pass on the script while they're at it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    We are definitely reaching a sort of obnoxious point of out of proportion fanboy whining. I don't think the guy should have been fired but what's done is done. Their next director is sure to be treated with some disturbing, unearned vitriol from the toxic parts of the "fandom."

I love guardians 1, but guardians 2 was pretty lukewarm to me, and as with so many other marvel sequels where a change in director has been a benefit guardians 3 couldnin the end be better for it. The Russo brothers were certainly able to handle them fine in the last avengers movie
    yeah, but don't forget james gunn was brought in to help write the scenes with the GotG to keep them true to character.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah but do we really need more of "my nipples hurt" Drax?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    yes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Watched Infinity War in 4K tonight. What a crazy journey that movie takes. The dread that builds as it goes on. The way things keep twisting worse and worse.

Hemsworth is great in this. His arrival in Wakanda is so triumphant. Evans is great as an even more understated Cap.

Still wish they had cast an actual actress for Proxima Midnight. Would have made that all female fight scene that much sweeter.

Seeing everyone unleash everything they have in the fight on Titan was so badass.

There are 4 deleted scenes totalling 10 minutes. All four are good, but two of them actually help flesh things out a bit. Def. worth watching.

Movie of the year by far. Is it next May yet?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just watched this for the first time tonight. Fuuuuuuck.

Also... I loved it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Re: Gunn, considering this whole thing happened as a bunch of asshats didn't like his views and got him fired...this has really left Gunn in a great position, probably in a better position then ANYONE. He gets a settlement from Disney, they STILL WANT TO WORK WITH HIM, gets to write the script for GotG 3 AND now gets to work on a crazy amount of other films that other studios will throw all kinds of money at him for...and he'll be back on social media in 6ish months time and will continue with his views that annoyed the asshats so much, only now they won't be able to get him fired...GG

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Still wish they had cast an actual actress for Proxima Midnight.
    yeah, i'm still baffled as to the decision to make her an entirely CG character, it made no sense. the maw? sure, he worked being CG. but she could have been an actress with prosthetics and would have blended into the world so much better than she did. my wife, every time she was on screen, went "why isn't that a person!?"

she also didn't like the way thanos looked (and thought his motivation was kinda bullshit). so she had all the same gripes with the movie as i did.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, i'm still baffled as to the decision to make her an entirely CG character, it made no sense. the maw? sure, he worked being CG. but she could have been an actress with prosthetics and would have blended into the world so much better than she did. my wife, every time she was on screen, went "why isn't that a person!?"

she also didn't like the way thanos looked (and thought his motivation was kinda bullshit). so she had all the same gripes with the movie as i did.
    Carrie Coon, who did the voice and facial mocap was pregnant at the time, so they had her film all of her closeup shots and other v/o work and had her stunt double work with the performers on set. It appears they liked Carrie so much that they didn't want to recast her.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/05/14/car...war-leftovers/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Carrie Coon, who did the voice and facial mocap was pregnant at the time, so they had her film all of her closeup shots and other v/o work and had her stunt double work with the performers on set. It appears they liked Carrie so much that they didn't want to recast her.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/05/14/car...war-leftovers/
    i also love carrie coon, and that's cool that they didn't want to recast her...i just can't stand looking at that character.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    I thought they did a good job with Thanos when he arrived in Wakanda. That's when he looked the most realistic.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Fair. But we do need more of “WHY is Gamora??” Drax.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Fair. But we do need more of “WHY is Gamora??” Drax.
    and "invisible" drax hahahahaha

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    https://www.cbr.com/greatest-showman...ne-easter-egg/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Has Been Delayed Indefinitely
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...d-indefinitely

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Has Been Delayed Indefinitely
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...d-indefinitely
    Huh. Yesterday, I was ready an article about why Disney was still going to use his script for Vol.3 which would still leave his name in the credits. Maybe Disney is looking for a way around that.

Article: https://screenrant.com/james-gunn-gu...iting-wga/amp/