Page 40 of 137 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield sure was interesting, the vfx wasn't too bad for TV i guess.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    but WHY is he driving a car and not a motorcycle? There better be a motorcycle at some point.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Luke Cage is now streaming on Netflix!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Starting episode 5 now. This is my first Marvel/Netflix series (missed Daredevil and Jessica Jones) and the biggest thing I like about it is how real/non-cartoonish it is. Gritty, I think, would be the way to describe that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Gritty, I think, would be the way to describe that.
    daredevil and jessica jones are both like that. daredevil the most.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    but WHY is he driving a car and not a motorcycle? There better be a motorcycle at some point.
    Different character, Ghost Rider is kinda like Green Lantern in that way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    episode 7 of luke cage was the best so far imo. gonna finish it off tonight, great series.

and punisher shooting is great news as well

http://screenrant.com/the-punisher-n...ng-set-photos/

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I've had this song on repeat since I watched episode five of Luke Cage.

Cottonmouth and Spoiler: Mariah have to be the best Marvel villains in the MCU, so far.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I wanted to like Luke Cage so much more than I actually have.

Episode 8 on is just ... wow. Not good-wow either. I have three episodes left now and I just am gonna ride it out since I've made it this far already. The cast is fantastic, for the most part, but it's like every single Marvel Netflix show has a good four to five episodes that could be cut down to one and totally inconsistent pacing. I'm really starting to worry Daredevil is the only one of these series I'm going to fully enjoy, and even that has its issues, it's just that everything around them is so good and the supporting characters are so strong (generally speaking) that the lulls are less frustrating.

The idea that Cottonmouth is better than Kingpin, Purple Man, Loki or Zemo is ... an interesting one, at least.

I don't know, I really disliked Jessica Jones but Luke was one of the things that made it watchable for me and I had high hopes for this, especially after all the Punisher episodes of Daredevil this year won me back over. But this is just not doing it for me. Four episodes of "Well, they're finding their footing, they're warming up, it's gonna be good!" Two of "Well, if they keep improving like this, it'll be really great in the second half!" And then ... it fizzed out quick for me, and all the better earlier episodes are less impressive now since they built to, well, whatever this all is. I watched the first six in one night out of interest and hope for it building into something better, and now I'm fighting to even get through one. If this had been half its length, never had the really meh origin episode, and didn't pull the switcharoo fuckery that anyone who's seen it knows about, it'd likely be great. I can't say I like it.

I really hope Iron Fist is a whole lot better. So far these shows are 1 for 3 for me. Also the building Marvel Netflix trope about old black mentors has got to stop already, it's getting absurd. It just feels like they keep getting these great casts together with these great characters and then they show up on set and have fucking nothing to do for half their seasons.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^ I completely disagree with most everything you said. All of the characters share a equal amount of time and make the most of it. Intense performances all around. The action scenes are effective. I honestly don't understand how you came to any of your conclusions.

As for the "switcharoo"... This was one of the reasons I loved the show. What more could that character have done at that point? It also setup Diamondback in a huge way (a much better villain than Cottonmouth imo). The only real gripe I have is the ending seemed lackluster. But I know that Defenders is coming so it doesn't really bother me too much.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Such a well made trailer. I can't wait.
    Edit, there's also an international red band trailer that's more gruesome out there. I can't link it without the "this trailer isn't available in your country ".
    Last edited by ziltoid; 10-20-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    hmm, as I heard the first chords I already wanted to switch it off... I was quite looking forward to it, but the trailer did absolutely nothing for me and the music choice is waaaay to obvious. I'm still interested in what this movie has to offer, but as of now, I'd rather not see it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Wow -- that was a fucking excellent trailer. Don't know what else I coulda wanted from it. Really worked for me. I've been really out of the X-Men franchise for a bit now (I liked Future Past a lot though) but I'm definitely going to be seeing this. End of an era. I grew up watching Hugh as my favorite superhero, so this is going to be a very bittersweet affair for me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

International trailer. The thumbnail kind of spoils the extra scene.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I really like the trailer, but reading the synopsis I'm confused how could this fit in the timeline of post DotFP

One year after the events of X-Men: Days of Future Past, Logan has aged over the years making the promise not to use his claws for bloody purposes, with his healing factor weakened. When an evil organization lead by Nathaniel Essex tries to use the rest of the remaining mutants in the world, turning them into weapons, Logan will need to become the Wolverine one more time.
    Makes no sense. Even if Logan lost his healing factor and let's say he would age ten years in course of one year, what the hell happened to Xavier? What about the school? Jean? Cyclops? I'm having really hard time understanding how the world could change from this to a wasteland in one year.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I really like the trailer, but reading the synopsis I'm confused how could this fit in the timeline of post DotFP

Makes no sense. Even if Logan lost his healing factor and let's say he would age ten years in course of one year, what the hell happened to Xavier? What about the school? Jean? Cyclops? I'm having really hard time understanding how the world could change from this to a wasteland in one year.
    Yeah the timeline in these movies is one of the biggest reasons I barely follow them anymore. It couldn't make less clear sense if it tried.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Good God that was depressing. It's hard to see Logan like that but being the die hard Prof X fangirl that I am, it hurts (pun intended) to see him so... so... *bawls uncontrollably*

Those are the signs that it's definitely a fantastic trailer.

I had to watch the GotG Vol. 2 trailer 10 times to make the hurt (pun intended) go away. Little Groot never fails.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    trailer is good, but I read the synopsis and I'm just losing faith in these movies ability to tell a coherent story. they need to put this in new hands. apocalypse was a disaster, this story is going no where. characters are abandoned left and right threads are picked up and dropped at a whim. it's just stupid now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This is the synopsis that's appearing in the Logan imdb page:

Set in the future, Logan and Professor Charles Xavier must cope with the loss of the X-Men when a corporation lead by Nathaniel Essex is destroying the world leaving it to destruction, with Logan's healing abilities slowly fading away and Xavier's Alzheimer's forcing him to forget. Logan must defeat Nathaniel Essex with the help of a young girl named Laura Kinney, a female clone of Wolverine.
    It also says that the Logan of this film is the Logan we saw in Apocalypse and that this film has no ties to Origins (lol) and The Wolverine.

New timelines are an awesome thing, aren't they?

And there are rumors that Spoiler: Liev Schreiber is back as Sabretooth. He was one of the two good things about Origins (lol), the other being Ryan Reynolds as Wade (before the fake Deapool stuff)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I still do not believe that Miller's departure from Dead 2 was "Amicable". You don't just walk away from a project like this unless there was some really high end disagreement in some way. I wonder how Reynolds would do if he just directed the dam thing himself.

The whole all female director Jessica Jones thing is just confusing.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I still do not believe that Miller's departure from Dead 2 was "Amicable". You don't just walk away from a project like this unless there was some really high end disagreement in some way. I wonder how Reynolds would do if he just directed the dam thing himself.
    Annnd you're right.

Update: According to The Wrap, the pair parted ways because Miller wanted the second film to be more stylized, while Reynolds (a producer on both films) wanted to keep the raunchy, fourth-wall-breaking comedy approach that made the first film such a success. Their conflict reportedly came to a head with the rumored casting of Kyle Chandler as Cable. Chandler was Miller’s choice, but Reynolds didn’t want him for the part, and the studio ended up siding with the star- partially because his renegotiated contract includes casting approval.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There's no denying that Tim Miller was a great part of the success of Deadpool but having this movie made has been Reynolds' quest for years. He knew the role, he knew what the fans wanted and he fought until it happened the way he wanted. If it hadn't been for his stubbornness, we would never have seen this movie being made.

Oh and happy birthday Ryan Reynolds!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Annnd you're right.
    Hah! Thanks for the update ��. My main beef would have been trying to change the tempo of the film comedy wise. The first was stylish raunchy all at once.