Page 28 of 137 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Dying over the intro in episode 9 of Agent Carter.
    That was awesome. I was overjoyed in seeing Angie return for that intro but Dottie in the waitress uniform made me marked the fuck out. Sousa dancing.... it was too much. I really wish the show would be renewed for another season. It's so fun to watch and I just love those characters. I also felt for Jarvis over what he had lost and why he got very pissed off which made me feel for him. I don't blame him for doing something reckless. That scene of him and Peggy arguing over what had happen are just incredible.

I really hope the season finale has Sousa just whack Thompson and make him cry like a bitch and Peggy to take Frost down and for good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just release it already!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    That was awesome. I was overjoyed in seeing Angie return for that intro but Dottie in the waitress uniform made me marked the fuck out. Sousa dancing.... it was too much. I really wish the show would be renewed for another season. It's so fun to watch and I just love those characters. I also felt for Jarvis over what he had lost and why he got very pissed off which made me feel for him. I don't blame him for doing something reckless. That scene of him and Peggy arguing over what had happen are just incredible.

I really hope the season finale has Sousa just whack Thompson and make him cry like a bitch and Peggy to take Frost down and for good.
    i was just staring with my hand over my mouth and my eyes SO wide during the whole dance sequence. i've always liked enver gjokaj but i think i'm in love with him after hearing him sing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Haha a male friend of mine asked if he was the only one who found Sousa handsome and I was "No, you're not!"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    For a dude, he's got a nice butt when he's dancing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I loved the dancing number. I loved that everyone did their own singing. That dubsmash war between them and the team of AoS really paid off!

Sousa is incredibly hot. Even more when he has that kicked puppy look.

The Jarvis-Ana story line brought tears to my eyes. But the fanfic lover in me kept thinking: don't worry Jarvis, in 23 years Howard's going to dump a little Anthony on you.

I really hope it'll be picked up for another season!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's not being picked up most likely. Atwell has already been announced as the lead in another show, and the ratings have been pretty bad. I think the show's happy-go-lucky tone is a turn off for most people.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well that sucks. I know the episode wasn't as good as previous ones but it did have a good cliffhanger ending. Just give the show one more season with some tie-ins to MCU.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I loved seeing the excitement from Jarvis when he got to drive Carter, lol @ the look on his face when she mentioned "cab".

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm not one for spoilers... or being shown stuff I do not want to know about until the movie comes out, but holyyyyyy shit. And I thought the first trailer was good, but there he is!!! Costume looks so good!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah damn can't wait for this.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've not been excited in the least about this movie until this, holy fucking balls. Though I've got to say, I'm not feeling it with that Spidey costume. Like, at all.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 03-10-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I've not been excited in the least about this movie until this, holy fucking balls. Though I've got to say, I'm not feeling it with that Spidey costume. Like, at all.
    While I did like the last costume Garfield wore, which was a mix of modern Spider-Man and Spidey 2099, this costume brings me back to the 1960 Spider-Man mixed with the last two costumes we got.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Orestes' link seems dead so here it is:

And now my analysis: Leave Bucky alone you people! Tony, you're being a little shit! Wanda, what are you doing to my Vision? OMG Ant-Man on Hawkeye's arrow! SPIDEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scariest thing about this trailer is that General Ross, that son of a bitch, almost makes sense.

I can watch this all day. #teamstucky

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Whoa. Great trailer! And Spider-Man isn't even the best part – can we talk about Vision getting paralyzed by Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man riding Hawkeye's arrow, Black Panther pulling a T-1000, Iron Man screaming "Rhodes!"?!

And does anyone else feel like Raimi and Co. may've perfected the Spidey costume? The new threads are sexy as fuck no doubt, but the sheen of CGI is keeping me from loving it. The tactility seems to be gone. Oh well. Do we think Iron Man provided the costume? I'd like to think so every time I see the eyes' aperture change.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I wish they just did the Iron Spider suit but I get that this was almost totally down to a marketing/visual recognition thing. The Stark eyes moving felt silly as shit to me. I don't know, this just reminds me of the costume worn by the guy at Universal Studios Orlando who pretends to be Spider-Man. I thought the Amazing Spidey movies were hot garbage but the suit in the second film was the first and only time I ever felt like Spider-Man looked like Spider-Man onscreen and not just some variation of an attempt at Spider-Man.

Black Panther looks pretty cool. Hopefully he's in a substantial amount of the movie. In general the whole trailer was very well put together and actually sold me as it being "Civil War" and not just "Winter Soldier 2: Iron Man Edition." If this had been the first trailer, I would have been looking forward to this a while ago. The last time I remotely liked a MCU movie at all was Guardians, so it's been a bit.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I dig the costume. They finally gave up trying to make all sleek and over serious and did the right thing and carbon copied it from the comics and it works.

Movie looks great. Looks way cooler than Ultron. Ultron just had such an uncompelling plot and villain. This seems much more interesting

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The Stark eyes moving felt silly as shit to me.
    That was one aspect I actually liked about it. In the comics, his eyes go with his emotions, so that brought me back, and it gives a completely different feel to him. I'm with Wretchedest on Tony providing him with the mask in some way. I agree with the Iron Spider suit theory though... maybe we will get one in the future?

The best nod to the comics for me was the Ant-Man scene on Hawkeye's arrow:

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Wow, I absolutely LOVE the new Spidey!

Laying down the webbing pattern as recessed trenches in the fabric (or w/e) is an interesting variation on the ridges of earlier iterations, but the modernized Ditko/Romita look is the real star of the show. Man, talk about NAILING it. Adding in the Larsen-esque, expressive eyes on top of that was pure genius.

But no one's talking about the BEST part of it!

Peter Parker, journalistic photographer, has CAMERA LENS EYES.

O_O

Fucking BRILLIANT!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How was Spiderman able to grab Captain America's shield? Doesn't the shield choose who can take it and makes itself impossibly heavy to lift to everyone else?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ask Black Widow from Age of Ultron how heavy it is...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    You're thinking of Thor's hammer, named Mjolnir, rather than Cap's shield.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm quite certain you fellers are the confused ones.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    I'm quite certain you fellers are the confused ones.
    Haz is correct, it is Mjolnir you are thinking of. Cap's shield is just made of vibranium, not magical in any way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Then why is Cap the only one who has that shield and the only one who uses it?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Ultron's armor was vibranium as well. It's not magic.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Because it's his shield? *scratches head* That's like asking how come Hawkeye is the only one who can use his quiver and arrows.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Many characters have held, or used the shield in some way. Black Widow has held it, Bucky has... this is making my head hurt.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjolnir_(comics)

You were a quick youtube and google search away from not being wrong