Page 20 of 137 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Haha, no, I typed Daredevil in my excitement/brain dead last night.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Haha, no, I typed Daredevil in my excitement/brain dead last night.
    Oh! Please consider my shade retracted.

I LOVE Daredevil though. I think it and Agent Carter have been my favorite MCU stuffs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Mine as well!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    i was trying to be helpful :P

Trailer looks rad. Glad to colossus here. Didnt know the guy from silicon valley would be in it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Leaked X-Men: Apocalypse trailer!

Smuggled cellphone quality, fair warning..but audio and picture not too bad.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My pants are no longer suitable for wearing. So excited for this.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh shit, that looks fucking cool. I need to change my pants.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Holy hairless Charles.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    More pics:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    And now for a little bit of fun courtesy of the cast members of Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter: they were at the SDCC and being the cool people that they are, they engaged in an epic DubSmash War.

You can watch the result here.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Not sure what to think about Apocalypse... Am I the only one seeing echoes of Mr. Freeze? Is he going to tell the X-Men to "chill"?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Not sure what to think about Apocalypse... Am I the only one seeing echoes of Mr. Freeze? Is he going to tell the X-Men to "chill"?
    we should be so lucky

more like
    "who the fuck are you?"
    "I have been called many things. but you can just call me ... your APOCALYPSE"

<ugh>

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I couldn't pinpoint it at first, but then it dawned on me...

He's the djinn from wishmaster, right?

Last edited by hollowed_point; 07-16-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Marvel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    And now for a little bit of fun courtesy of the cast members of Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter: they were at the SDCC and being the cool people that they are, they engaged in an epic DubSmash War.

You can watch the result here.
    The last two videos had me beside myself.

(Low-key shipping them in real life.)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Either way he looks awful. I get that the comic designs wouldn't work, but the whole helmet thing looks utterly half-assed. May as well be a Bane makeover, Tron-style.

I like the '90s layout of the character bios though. Reminds me of the time of the actual AOA publishing!
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 07-16-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That awkward moment when cosplayers do a better job than a major Hollywood production...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

(Btw, the animated show was recently added to Hulu.)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so, Ant Man was AMAZING. i laughed so hard and it was so god damn enjoyable. paul rudd was absolutely perfect, as was everyone else. definitely my favorite marvel movie so far.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceabuse View Post
    I couldn't pinpoint it at first, but then it dawned on me...

He's the djinn from wishmaster, right?

or Ivan Ooze from Power Rangers

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    http://marvel.com/news/movies/24910/..._phase_two_box

Hopefully this comes down in price a bit as I'd love to have this but man that is steep.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Our programmer at the theater I work at saw it two days ago and his review was that it's the worst MCU film by a long mile, and is so cheaply made that it resembles an episode of the SHIELD television show. The post credit-stinger from the Russos shows off how much the lack of character in the film's cinematography is. Their segment is full of moody lighting and such, as where Ant-Man has zero distinctive visual traits and looks overly bland, to the point where you are unable to distinguish the jail that Ant-Man is at in the beginning of the film, and the hallway that he trains at in Michael Douglas' house; If you were disappointed in Avengers: AOU, you'll REALLY dislike Ant-Man; the script doesn't flow well at all, as Adam McKay and Paul Rudd sloppily tack their brand of humor on at the end of an Edgar Wright joke, creating an uneven blend of comedy.

So there you have it. Ant-Man is pretty much exactly what everyone thought it'd be once Edgar Wright dropped out.
    I don't know what film your programmer saw, but this was far from being the worst entry of the MCU. Not the best MCU film, but it was a solid one and definitely in my top 5 MCU films:
    1. Guardians of the Galaxy
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. Iron Man
    4. Thor
    5. Ant Man

And now that I'm playing this game:
    6. The Avengers
    7. Iron Man 3
    8. Thor: The Dark World
    9. Hulk
    10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    11. Captain America: the first Avenger
    12. Iron Man 2
    Last edited by cahernandez; 07-23-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Any list that doesn't have Hulk eating shit firmly in last place isn't worth considering.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Any list that doesn't have Hulk eating shit firmly in last place isn't worth considering.
    To be honest, I barely remember plot details of movies 9 through 12 in my list. Maybe I have a bit more memory about Avengers: Age of Ultron because it came out recently but in general these films were not too memorable (as someone else said in this board, I'm a bit "super-heroed out"). All I'm saying, these positions are a bit interchangeable. I don't feel too strongly about either of them (and for that matter, I don't have a strong opinion on movies 6 to 8 either).

And again, like someone else said here, the MCU films that introduce a character are the best ones, hence me placing "Hulk" over some other films (the exception here being "Captain American: the first Avenger"...I thought that one was a bit corny).

How would you (and anyone else in this board) rank the MCU films so far?
    Last edited by cahernandez; 07-23-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    And again, like someone else said here, the MCU films that introduce a character are the best ones, hence me placing "Hulk" over some other films (the exception here being "Captain American: the first Avenger"...I thought that one was a bit corny).

How would you (and anyone else in this board) rank the MCU films so far?
    i LOVE the first cap movie, and i think it's my wife's favorite so far, too. i think it was more fun because the majority of it was a period piece, whereas most of them take place in modern day.

1. Ant Man
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. Guardians Of The Galaxy
    4. Captain America: The First Avenger
    5. Iron Man 3
    6. Thor
    7. Avengers
    8. Thor: The Dark World
    9. Iron Man
    (space for distance between good movies and crap, because i love or really like all of the above)
    10. Iron Man 2

haven't seen hulk or age of ultron

numbers 2 & 3 are interchangeable, because they're both equally fantastic but very, very different movies.

also, if we're throwing TV stuff into the list, Agents Of SHIELD and Daredevil would be between 5 & 6, and Agent Carter would be #1 at the top.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    1 - Captain America: Winter Soldier
    2 - Avengers
    3 - Ant-Man
    4 - Guardians of the Galaxy
    5 - Iron Man
    6 - Iron Man 3
    7 - Thor
    8 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
    9 - Thor: The Dark World
    10 - Captain America: The First Avenger
    11 - Hulk
    12 - Iron Man 2

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I don't know what film your programmer saw, but this was far from being the worst entry of the MCU. Not the best MCU film, but it was a solid one and definitely in my top 5 MCU films.
    Well he's gone on record now as saying he's the only person he knows that didn't like it. So there's that I guess. I haven't seen it either though so I can't say, because I actually don't really care about the Marvel movies.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    1. Avengers
    2. Cap 2
    3. Thor
    4. Iron Man
    5. GotG
    6. Ant Man
    7. Cap 1
    8. Iron Man 2
    9. Avengers 2 ( I really need to see this again to judge fairly)
    10. Hulk
    --------------
    11. Thor 2 (bad movie)
    12. Iron Man 3 (bad movie)

Aside from Avengers 2 being a big mess for a # of reasons listed here before, my main issue is the neverending quips in the movies that are dealing with world-ending crises. It worked really well in Ant-Man, but I am so fucking tired of Stark's one-liners in the midst of dealing with potential world altering circumstances. Take it seriously like Cap 2 did and give the subject matter some actual gravitas.

Just got back from Ant Man tonight. loved it. Needed a nice simple light movie after the gargantuan slog that was Avengers 2. Loved all the easter eggs: "Tales To Astonish", Ant #427, the Spidey-referencing lines at the very end from the blogger chick, potential reference the future 3rd Ant Man that we haven't seen yet on film, Mandarin logo on one of the men interested in the pym particles.

Would have liked to see better acting out of Evangeline Lily (I love my girl from Lost/Hobbit, but she was cardboard here) & they gave Judy Greer nothing to do here just like in Jurassic World. But my face lit up when I saw Bobby Cannavale & Michael Pena (I went it pretty much blind on this). Pena's jokes almost all worked for me but as seen above ymmv. Fuck T.I., get the fuck off my movie screen and give your role to a hard-working, deserving actor who could actually use the paycheck as well. Wiki that dude, he's such a piece of shit.

Thought the MCU-related stuff worked really well. The Falcon scene, while obviously placed there by Marvel, didn't feel out of place to me. It worked, and I was glad to have Falcon get some more face time. Liked both cut scenes as well. The Civil War related one looks to be a scene directly in Cap 3, as it references "The Accords" that look to already be in place and Tony is following, which would NOT allow him to help with Bucky. Can't wait for this movie, if they don't fuck it up after the brilliance of Cap 2, then the taste of Avengers 2 will be wiped right out of my mouth. Squee!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Deadpool shot. Shout out to Rogers Arena in the background...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Channing Tatum may exit the Gambit movie

Please God let this be true. Please please please please please. And for the sake of continuity, bring back Taylor Kitsch. He was not that bad in the role, he just had shitty training and that atrocity of a script.

Please God, I'll never ask for anything again! This month