Page 13 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Man, I wish that screengrab of Thanos excited me. He was my least favorite part of Guardians, and probably would have benefitted significantly from staying in the shadows longer. So underwhelming :/

Phase 3 does look awesome though. Please, please, please cast Katee Sackhoff as Captain Marvel. That would make me the happiest little Starbuck fan.
    Black Panther concept art looks great! Doctor Strange (and all that supernatural baggage) is really exciting - I think it could be a nice, maybe much needed, change of pace from the machismo of the rest of the Marvel U (and every other superhero film).

Civil War is a big fucking deal (maybe the P3 movie I'm now most excited for!), and would be more interesting (& arguably more deserving) to me as a two-parter than Infinity War. I have such mixed feelings about this "Every finale to a trilogy or saga needs to be 2-parter!" trend. I obviously appreciate the compulsion to tell a big, sprawling story that (in theory) is an un-compromised vision, but it's also frustrating knowing we're gonna be left dangling even more than usual. You could tell the first two Avengers movies over the course of a single film, why can't you do that again?

Sorry for being a party pooper, I'll probably end up eating my words. Bring on the superhero movies!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Because the Infinity War storyline will be a crossover event with Guardians of the Galaxy 2. (And I imagine Thor: Ragnorak as well.)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Chris actually looks really small in this clip, compared to Avengers and the Captain America movies. I know he's only wearing a t-shirt, but still, it looks like he's actually slimmed down a lot, even after Snowpiercer in which he was an impoverished starving bottom-class citizen who hadn't been outside for 17 years.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Ha, Evans wasn't skinny in Snowpiercer. I know they tried to hide with oversized coats and such, but he still had that Dorito bod underneath.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I guess I worded it poorly haha. I didn't mean to say he was actually skinny in that, but he had still slimmed down a bit from his Hulk-esque Captain America body. They did do a decent job hiding it though, too, kinda like the stoner guy in Cabin In The Woods who (at the time) was just as ripped at Chris Hemsworth.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man, I guess they may have filmed Age of Ultron and the first part of Infinity War back to back?....because here's the actual trailer leaked from yesterday and unless it's just the voiceover work, who knows. Get it while it's hot, though it shouldn't be too hard to track down if they kill this one:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

The look on Thor's face when Cap makes Mjolnir budge...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I know, right?!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I'm taking all this with *huge* grains of salt. No way would Elba spoil something so huge. If anything, it'll probably be a flashback to the first Avengers movie, in regards to his sceptre.

Or it could be an end credits scene to lead into Thor: Ragnorak, since the timeline of that movie will be immediately after the shit that goes down in Age of Ultron. God, I hope this movie isn't "spoiled" too much before next spring.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Man, I guess they may have filmed Age of Ultron and the first part of Infinity War back to back?....because here's the actual trailer leaked from yesterday and unless it's just the voiceover work, who knows. Get it while it's hot, though it shouldn't be too hard to track down if they kill this one:

I'm gonna guess minus the thanos footage, those are scene from the previous films and age of ultron.

So ready. And ready for dc's run as well.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 11-02-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    God, I hope this movie isn't "spoiled" too much before next spring.
    Heh, I feel like this is one of those threads I'm just going to stay out of by the time the movie get closer... Same with the Episode VII thread, but that one's a little further down the road!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Man. I want Ultron to be evil as FUCK.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just from the trailer, I think he's going to be. No redemption, no remorse, no nothing. That motherfucker doesn't give a shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    PEGGY.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Omgpeggyiskickingsomuchassandomghowardisbeingsosta rkishandomgJARVIS!!!!!!Andwhythefuckisn'titjanuary yetIcan'twait!!!!

My brain just farted.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I want to sleep with Hayley Atwell. (Don't tell Jena or Scarlett).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not MCU but still Marvel:

Ryan Reynolds is in as Deadpool.

Almost a "well duh" news but you never know. YOU NEVER KNOW. Reynolds was great as Wade in Origins (that thing at the end was not Deadpool) and he was AWESOME in the test footage. In fact, let's watch again while we rejoice:

edit: And Sherlock is Strange. It's official.
    Last edited by marodi; 12-04-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Last night's winter finale of Agents of SHIELD, so many feels.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Red shirt swerve! "You thought we were gonna kill off the black guy, but instead we killed off the other black guy!"

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Spoiler: And I really liked Triplett.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    First review of Agent Carter

Come on Tuesday, get here already! When I grow up, I want to be just like Peggy Carter.

Oh and new Avengers Age of Ultron trailer next week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ant-man trailer was a little weak. Not much to get excited about

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I enjoyed watching Peggy Carter beat the fuck out of random dudes for two straight hours.

Ant-Man trailer was like the first Guardians trailer - muddy and unclear on the tone of the film. And, well, we know how Guardians turned out. I'm keeping my hopes up.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well, that's one thing that has always bugged me about Guardians: everyone kept saying that it was risky because it had a talking raccoon in it, among other things. but too me it seemed like a very conventional movie in which the Raccoon was part of the initial draw, and ultimately a very safe choice.

Ant-Man actually seems pretty risky to me. It's very tonally confused so far, and it did have that developement hell phase, and, as a guuy who is unfamiliar with the character I can see wy. It's super unfamiliar and not very exciting seeming to me. Absolutely none of the characters int he trailer seem interesting to me. The hero doesn't seem likable or unlikable. I'm a assuming the villain is michael douglas? meh.

I have a feeling this is where the bubble pops. This and the fall of the spiderman movies.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah can't say Ant-Man has me pumped like the first footage i saw of Guardians.

I hope the effects for those ants aren't final cause what was in the trailer was pretty horrible lol

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I really like this poster.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish this trailer was real......