Page 100 of 137 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    For as few people wanted or cared about Inhumans, even fewer want or care about Eternals.

Which you could use the same argument RE GotG when it was released so we'll see.
    I kinda liked Inhumans but its integration into the larger MCU wasn't given enough time to establish itself and I'm not particularly a fan of GotG but I do see how it allows for non-Thor space-stuff to be integrated... and now, well, they have Thor... sooo.... Will I watch Eternals? Yeah.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there's also a lot more talent involved in the movies vs. the television show that was an afterthought to the movie they had planned.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well that's a kick in the pants. At least we're (hopefully?) getting WandaVision this year. May have to watch it weekly.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I can't say I'm super interested for the eternals and part of that is knowing that X-Men are somewhere on the horizon, and basically seeing as eternals as something between me and that moment

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

uh......well. How well-known is ScreenGeek for rumors?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    All eyes slowly turning towards Dune.
    *puts fingers in ears* Lalalalala lalala lalalalala!

I don't know but OVER MY DEAD BODY.

"Piss off, ghost!"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Spider-Man: Far From Home ... I enjoyed it. Should set up whatever comes next nicely.
    Weird tone to it though...
    MJ is still great.
    I really like the way Mysterio looks.
    Ned devloping is nice to see as well.
    Poor Peter, needs help with his traumas.
    Both of the illusions fights were cool.
    I’m glad Happy is around.
    I wonder about Flash’s parents.
    The best version of JJJ.
    Just embarrassing for a shapeshifter... and I wonder what Fury was doing in space.

“My Blip beard…”

“Please do not start calling it my ‘Peter tingle’.”

“You know, being a man of science… Witches."

“Bitch please, you’ve been to space.”

“I think Nick Fury just hijacked our summer vacation.”

“It’s a little tight around the old webshooter…”

(and now I can shut the fuck up for a while)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 09-24-2020 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We were in England when FFH came out. We had made a day trip to Bath and decided to go to the train's end at Bristol. Turns out it's pretty boring there when you started the day not knowing you were going to be there! Anyway, we had some Nando's and then went to the movies and saw this. We had just visited the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge so to see that was pretty cool. Also it was really neat seeing that they treated the space like it actually is in space, meaning everything was appropriately distant. Remember the Transformers movie where they traveled from the Smithsonian to the airplane graveyard in Arizona just by breaking a wall down? that kind of thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Reports online that Samuel L Jackson is getting his own Nick Fury series on Disney+.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Reports online that Samuel L Jackson is getting his own Nick Fury series on Disney+.

If it does happen I would really love to see a bit of Frank Castle interacting with Nick Fury as a flash back sometime in the series.
    Just like in the comics, but that'll never happen especially since The Punisher is in limbo.
    One can dream though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Two words: Goose cameo.

And more Talos.

And edit because of this:

Last edited by marodi; 09-25-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I really hope that isn't true. I like Jamie Foxx (love him in Django Unchained), but he was terrible in ASM2. It might not necessarily be his fault, could be the director's fault and/or the way the character was written, but I'd rather not be reminded of it in the MCU.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I really hope that isn't true. I like Jamie Foxx (love him in Django Unchained), but he was terrible in ASM2. It might not necessarily be his fault, could be the director's fault and/or the way the character was written, but I'd rather not be reminded of it in the MCU.
    Although, it would be cool for him to re-do the role in the MCU as a much better version (in the same way of breaking the Human Torch curse of Evans and Jordon... but better because it's the same role).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I also think Elektro is just a stupid character in general. He looked stupid in the movie (before AND after his stupid electric eel-related freak accident origin) and he had a really stupid motivation for hating Spider-Man and being a villain. If it is indeed true, I really hope they're going in a completely different direction, but I think there are plenty of other Spider-Man villain options to choose from that haven't already been attempted and failed miserably on the silver screen.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The source is Hollywood reporter... So it's true...

Making this easily the weirdest news of 2020

A year ago we were freaked out about spider man going back to Sony ... *Because* of asm2. Why Jamie Foxx? Why not Alfred Molina or Willem Dafoe?
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 10-01-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just watched Captain America - The Winter Soldier as part of our MCU catch up and loved it! I'm preferring these Captain America films to the Iron Man ones. It also got me back looking forward to watching the films after being a bit disappointed with Thor - the Dark World

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just watched Captain America - The Winter Soldier as part of our MCU catch up and loved it! I'm preferring these Captain America films to the Iron Man ones. It also got me back looking forward to watching the films after being a bit disappointed with Thor - the Dark World
    winter soldier is amazing. honestly, as much as i love iron man 3 (i know i'm in the minority), i like all 3 captain america movies more, and they just get better as they go.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    winter soldier is amazing. honestly, as much as i love iron man 3 (i know i'm in the minority), i like all 3 captain america movies more, and they just get better as they go.
    The thing was, I didn’t think I’d like Captain America assuming it would be all jingoistic and rah rah America - but they got the tone just right and although he can be a bit goody two shoes, he’s bad ass enough in action to counteract that.

I still love Iron Man though, I can’t believe the guy who I only knew as the rich guy who dates Monica in Friends turns out to direct a major franchise!

I was a bit let down by Thor though after really liking Kenneth Branaghs first one, the second one is such a let down and Natalie Portman gets to do the same as she did in Revenge of the Sith, nothing for most of the film

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Jamie posted some picture on his Instagram with the confirmation that he's Elektro again but Spoiler: it had Tom Holland, Tobey Maguire & Andrew Garfield as 3 Spidermen in the Multiverse - he then took the picture down not long after.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It was the definitely what he had to work with. The writers of TASM2 have pretty terrible films under their belt with the exception of one that co-created "Fringe". The first ASM also had better/different writers than the sequel.

At least the writers for Homecoming and Far From Home have some respectable credits and were used for both films. The tones are drastically different so I can see his character being able to shine a bit better the way they write him in. If it's just like TASM's Electro and the elaborate on that, it could work.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Not crazy about ASM2 Electro returning when there are so many different things they could do BUT....

With multi verse on the horizon and talks of a live action spider verse with Tom, Tobey and Andrew being a possibility, how cool would it be to pick up where ASM2 left off in terms of building a sinister six, but from different timelines?

Molina as Doc Ock, Keaton as Vulture, Jake as Mysterio, Foxx as Electro, Hayden Church as Sandman and either a newly added Kraven to the mix (or if you wanted to include Dafoe back as GG even tho he wasn’t a member it could work, as could say Lizard, or Rhino although I would hope they don’t waste Giamatti again, or even homecomings Shocker or Scorpion).

That would be a threat having the Spider-Men team up to defeat and would be an Avengers level ridiculousness that could be all kinds of awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Considering the next Dr. Strange is the Multiverse of Madness, maybe there will be a portion of the film with alternate MCU castings as a bit of comic relief?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

they're leaning into this thing, wow. Phase four has been lackluster announcement-wise but this is exciting.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-08-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, this has potential to be as big of a movie as Civil War or one of the first two Avengers movies. I'm fucking pumped for it! Marvel Studios seems to be making the most of their current deal with Sony. Or maybe Sony insisted they make a Spider-Verse movie after they saw how successful the animated version was. I'm hoping the Elektro appearance is a cameo played for comic relief, but now those rumors of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield being involved seem MUCH more credible, likely even. This would also allow them to "fix" the ending of Far From Home where J. Jonah Jameson outed Peter Parker. One of the other Spider-men can show up somewhere at the same time as Peter and his name is cleared just like that. I still hope they're building up to a proper Sinister Six at some point and I hope that Marvel Studios will produce it, not Sony (they'll fuck it up). I really want to see either a new Norman Osborne or Dr. Octopus introduced into the MCU, as well. The former would work best and could be explained as the new owner of the building formerly known as Avengers Tower, now home to OsCorp. There are lots of exciting possibilities! Hopefully Marvel and Sony can even work out another deal for more after Spider-Man 3 and whatever the unnamed team-up movie in their current deal ends up being.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Considering the next Dr. Strange is the Multiverse of Madness, maybe there will be a portion of the film with alternate MCU castings as a bit of comic relief?
    Or a good way to introduce Evan Peters as Quicksilver into the MCU.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yeah, this has potential to be as big of a movie as Civil War or one of the first two Avengers movies. I'm fucking pumped for it! Marvel Studios seems to be making the most of their current deal with Sony. Or maybe Sony insisted they make a Spider-Verse movie after they saw how successful the animated version was. I'm hoping the Elektro appearance is a cameo played for comic relief, but now those rumors of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield being involved seem MUCH more credible, likely even. This would also allow them to "fix" the ending of Far From Home where J. Jonah Jameson outed Peter Parker. One of the other Spider-men can show up somewhere at the same time as Peter and his name is cleared just like that. I still hope they're building up to a proper Sinister Six at some point and I hope that Marvel Studios will produce it, not Sony (they'll fuck it up). I really want to see either a new Norman Osborne or Dr. Octopus introduced into the MCU, as well. The former would work best and could be explained as the new owner of the building formerly known as Avengers Tower, now home to OsCorp. There are lots of exciting possibilities! Hopefully Marvel and Sony can even work out another deal for more after Spider-Man 3 and whatever the unnamed team-up movie in their current deal ends up being.
    It makes even more sense to open up the Multiverse since we have a Strange sequel coming up in 2022. Curious to see how it plays out and what movie will come first. If Multiverse of Madness came first, it would work so well with the opening of Spidey 3.

Also, agreed with Norman Osborne coming into the picture. How they would implement him and Peter's relationship after not being seen at all in the first two films along with Harry will be interesting to see.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-08-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Or a good way to introduce Evan Peters as Quicksilver into the MCU.
    Now THAT'S an GREAT idea!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    You could say Spider-man 3 will be...Strange.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I hadn't even considered that they could integrate Netflix/MCU into it as well... but obviously some Kingpin has (not that I think it's likely... but get them all over there).