Page 130 of 137 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This Phase of the MCEU has been polarizing, for sure, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I really like how each show/movie has now branched out into different genres (from comedy to old school horror noir). As much as I enjoyed the initial phases of the MCEU, they all pretty much seemed to follow the same beat, style, and tone. Even GoTG had tangential comedy, but, did not go all in like She-Hulk. Now, it's clear they are giving writers/directors the freedom to go with whatever vision they might have. I'll take this over more of the same any day and look forward to what's next!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that looks so dumb, like a 90s sitcom holiday special. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh my God, it's the Christmas special I didn't know I needed.
    Last edited by marodi; 10-31-2022 at 04:10 PM. Reason: fixed nonsense phrase. being old sucks.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Comics Trifecta there. Just needs to be cast as Spawn next.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So with the new Black Panther just around the corner and them using Namor... and Namor is a mutant. Is this how the MCU brings in mutants?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They e alright started in meaningless ways and this feels just as meaningless. Namor is a mutant because of the little wings on his feet.

I think Wandavision was the only one to make meaningful allusions to mutanthood

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    So with the new Black Panther just around the corner and them using Namor... and Namor is a mutant. Is this how the MCU brings in mutants?
    I think they are trying to slowly normalize mutants. Wanda was implied to might be a mutant in WandaVision, Ms Marvel ended with the reveal that Kamala is a mutant, there was a reference to Wolverine in She-Hulk and the implication that there are way more powered people than was ever hinted at before, then there's of course the Patrick cameo in Dr Strange and now Namor. Not to mention the upcoming Deadpool & Wolverine's Second Date movie.

Chances are mutants will be widespread after Secret Wars. It would not surprise me if there would be allusions to Sinister, Apocalypse, shapeshifters and MacTaggert before that. I'm hoping Storm gets her introduction as challenger to the Wakandan throne; in stead of as anyone's child soldier, slave, consort or pawn. And if they're going to introduce the Xavier School, please just let the focus be on it being a school in stead of Xavier's Militia Training Center for Orphaned Mutants.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Black Panther was alright. It started out very strong and succeeds at taking itself seriously in a way that would have really benefitted the last Thor movie. Where it falls flat is that Talocan/Atlantis is just not made compelling or interesting or vibrant or lively or real. It's where Black Panther succeeded the most, making wakanda feel so real and awesome, but they just can't do it for Talocan. Namor is great though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Not official but really well done.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Saw five minutes of Wakanda Forever at the weekend, but the theatre was jam packed with under 15s shouting, throwing stuff, legit filming and taking pictures of the movie and generally making it impossible to focus on the movie, myself & gf ended up walking out & getting a refund.

Will try again this Friday.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    While some are very indifferent about Werewolf by Night I just saw the little documentary "director by night" on Disney+ and it's a really well made loveletter to directing movies and following your passion. Never knew Michale Giacchino was such a likeable dude.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    have you heard the story of how he got 'discovered'?
    In 1997, Michael Giacchino, a producer at a video games studio who was studying music composition in the evenings, was casually asked to provide temporary music for The Lost World, the tie-in video game for Steven Spielberg's movie sequel to Jurassic Park.
    "The next day, I am sitting at my desk and my boss calls and says, 'Steven would like to talk to you if you aren't doing anything'. I said, 'Steven who?'."

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The development hell that Blade is going through right now is not a good sign but then again, Ant-Man kinda went through that also.

Let's hope it's anywhere near as good as the OG Snipes movie, I'm sure it'll be different but pleeeeease be good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    The development hell that Blade is going through right now is not a good sign but then again, Ant-Man kinda went through that also.

Let's hope it's anywhere near as good as the OG Snipes movie, I'm sure it'll be different but pleeeeease be good.
    It has been my most anticipated release (Marvel wise) since all the other projects were announced, and I can totally picture Mahershala Ali in the outfit... Hair style, and everything.

Figured a character like Blade, especially since the original film gave positive light towards comic book adaptations, would be a bit more locked in as far as vision and scripts were concerned. I still think they'll nail it, but now I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole debacle.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

apparently Loki Season 2 is going to be coming today as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I can't fucking wait. Except for maybe the next two Avengers movies, this is easily the Marvel movie I'm most excited for.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah... sadly, it seems pretty clear that not all of our favorite A-holes are making it out alive. I'm just happy that after the rollercoaster of having Gunn fired and re-hired, we're finally getting the conclusion that the writer/director intended.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Drax and Rocket are my biggest worries.

Back when the actors first read the script, they described it as a tearjerker. I've been steeling myself ever since.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Drax and Rocket are my biggest worries.

Back when the actors first read the script, they described it as a tearjerker. I've been steeling myself ever since.
    I'm betting on Drax sacrificing himself and on Rocket leaving the Guardians to settle down. Wouldn't surprise me if Peter and Gamora leave too - only to return for animation, a special and/or the occasional crossover.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, did you see Lylla in the trailer? I bet that's going to be where he ends up.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Why would they get rid of the animated characters when they can just get new voices? We are gonna be running dry on characters from the first saga real quick here if they scrap these guys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Why would they get rid of the animated characters when they can just get new voices? We are gonna be running dry on characters from the first saga real quick here if they scrap these guys
    New characters translate to a wider variety of merch to sell - especially with CG characters. It would also be tough to keep the MCU appealing, if characters wouldn't eventually retire. And even then they could still return in newer iterations through all kinds of shenanigans. Which they have already been setting up since Endgame.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched the Holiday Special.

I'm not fan of GotG generally speaking (the stories are good but... I don't like the characters, as a whole) but it was nice.

Probably even better than nice if you actually like the characters.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

loved the first one, can't wait to see what they've brought this time.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Color me, excited! Oscar Isaac just killing it lately. Love that he asked for them to not make his role "Boring" for reprising his role as Spidey 2099 lol. Cannot wait to see what they do with him.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-13-2022 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Damn them for putting Stan in that trailer.

Looks great, I wish the rest of Sony was this involved in Spider-Man.