Page 120 of 137 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Finally caught Venom 2 last night. I really liked the first one, but this one seemed a little too daft at times with the buddy comedy thing they are getting at, maybe I expected something a touch different. A lot of the Eddie/Venom interplay didn't land as well with me as it did during the first film to be honest.

But overall I enjoyed it, Carnage was brilliant to watch, and the deeper it got into the film the more I enjoyed it, especially the fight scene at the end. Overall I found more good than bad in it, and I'd love to see that world and those characters explored a bit more in another film or two.

The end credits scene was nuts, but I have some worries about the ramifications.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Eternals reviews are summing up what I thought it may turn into... A movie with too many characters and no room for character development. Ugh, I hope this is good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Official Spidey poster:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Spoiler: So there's been one hell of a leak, with 2 things revealed. A simple google search of the film title will reveal for those who want to see it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So no comments from anyone on Eternals? It's telling the fact that no one has commented on this movie after it's been out for a few days (I haven't seen it).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My mother-in-law's 60th party was over the weekend so we didn't go see it. probably see it this week though.

I never watched the show, but is this accurate?

The woman in question did come back, as a villain, who also turned out to be the mother of one of the main characters, and redeemed herself with the help of her ex-husband. He was a normal man, played by Kyle MacLaughlin, who would transform into a vile, evil, super strong creature called Mr. Hyde (thank you, public domain laws), but because Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. didn’t have the kind of budget WandaVision or Loki later got, his transformation consisted of minor facial appliances, a wig, and a funny walk.That was before the season where they were in space, the season where they were in the past, or the season where Coulson was no longer Coulson, but was still Coulson.
    Someday there will be a documentary about that show. It will be like Jodorowski’s Dune, only this time the crazy improbable project actually got made.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I did want to post my Eternals review on my cinema thread but my insta being 18+ now mean i can't imbed them so i just forgot to mention it here. It's...fine. It does a lot of great stuff (the action is great, the deviant designs are awesome, and of the imargey towards the end looks spectacular) but it also does a lot wrong (it's both too long and not long enough for all the characters, the comedy largely just doesn't work and the first half is a bit of a slog) Is it the worst MCU film? Maybe? Depends on where you rank you films. I liked it for the most part, but i'm not in a rush to re-watch it. The post credits though, now THAT was awesome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^ Couldn't disagree more. Just got out, it was fun as hell. The exposition is easy to follow and pretty straight to the point. The acting is great, every character has their own room to breathe and their personalities also stand out well. Kumail Nanjiani was hilarious, with Barry Keoghan owning his role. The comedy was enough to make you snicker or at least smile; I thought it was executed well. I went in with lower expectations and came out actually really enjoying it.

Spoiler: The mid action scene and the end is top notch Marvel action and I was in for it. Even if there were some throwaway elements with the deviant villain and some minor hiccups, this was a good time. But I am GUSHING over what we got in the 1st and 2nd post credit scenes. We are introduced to the ebony blade for Black Knight and Blade himself (But off screen). We also get Starfox (Eros) AKA Thanos' pretty brother as well, so things are really going to jumpstart for the next phase. So damn exited that all of these characters that I was introduced to in the comics I read and cards I collected as a youngin are all coming to life. There are some problems for sure, but I enjoyed it enough to look past them.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-11-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally watched Shang-Chi, yup... liked it just fine. Oh Morris.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Finally watched Shang-Chi, yup... liked it just fine. Oh Morris.
    I didn't like it at all really, there were some EXTREMELY terrible moments. The story outline was pretty good, just a botched execution IMO. I'm surprised that it rated so highly.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    No Way Home trailer today at 5:30 Pacific, I guess? I mean they made me do math to figure it out so I'm just guessing honestly.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Holy shit...

They did Electro good here.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-16-2021 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Re-watched Deadpool and Deadpool 2 today while assembling some new LEGO... I think overall, Deadpool 2 is a much more solid movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Holy shit...

They did Electro good here.
    So in the trailer here, there's a big slow motion shot about 4/5 the way through that, in the Spanish version which is edited differently, keeps going for about another 2-3 seconds. In this one they obviously caught it but in the Spanish version (that's easily found online) they didn't and you see a fairly obvious spoiler they must've edited out to avoid spoilers.

If you must know... Spoiler: it's at about 2:20 with the slow motion Spider-Man diving towards the trio of Lizard, Sandman, and Electro. Lizard is in the middle of the frame and in the slightly longer one you see him clearly take a huge punch and recoil...but it's a phantom punch that you don't see delivered by anyone. Guessing it's Tobey or Andrew; makes sense.... a big 3v3 slow motion shot but who knows.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was about to mention that scene and the obvious editing that the trailer people did. I mean they're famous for putting shots with entire bits missing (Thor's eye for one) to keep a secret so it's a definite maybe.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    There was a pretty reliable full plot leak a while ago and it's definitely happening

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Hawkeye so far is fun, energetic, and a fresh watch bringing everything back to a street level. Chemistry is there, and Tony Dalton does such a good job at being the man you love to hate.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Loving Hawkeye, too. A larger deviation from the source material than I would have preferred, though, the landlord, apartment building dynamic is a very crucial aspect of Fraction's run, to me.

But I still love this and hope to see a lot of Kate in the future.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched the first two episodes of Hawkeye... I dig it. Kind of has the Netflix series vibe to it (but that might just be the NYC urban familiarity and the animated stuff... might be)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Hawkeye really picked up with its third episode. Lots of action, great comedy. I can watch these two flip and kick ass all day.

Acorss the Spider-verse looks absolutely amazing! 2099 Spidey! And, Part 1!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-05-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm happy to hear that Oscar Isaac is returning to voice Spidey 2099, but Miles' new costume is a big step back from the previous one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's definitely a good move. Spoiler: I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Spider-Man: No Way Home and he's also rumored to appear in She-Hulk and Echo. Hopefully the rumor that Kingpin will appear in Hawkeye turns out to be true, as well.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It's definitely a good move. Spoiler: I'm really looking forward to seeing him in Spider-Man: No Way Home and he's also rumored to appear in She-Hulk and Echo. Hopefully the rumor that Kingpin will appear in Hawkeye turns out to be true, as well.
    Have you watched yet? There are hints at least in my opinion.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Have you watched yet? There are hints at least in my opinion.
    Yes, of course! I agree there are hints, but I'm not quite convinced they'll be appearing in this show yet.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yes, of course! I agree there are hints, but I'm not quite convinced they'll be appearing in this show yet.
    I'm dumb, I forgot to scroll up for a refresher lol. I agree though!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'll be damned if there is no Venom post-credit scene in the new Spidey. Only one week to go... yay!