Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Here's the rule: teaser, then real trailer, then real trailer 2 etc.

Pay attention to that word: Teaser.

A teaser is always, always designed to show less than a full trailer. It even says "teaser trailer" on the description.

I can't believe I need to say this but it's apparently necessary: the first look the studios give us at anything when they want to build up hype is a quick glimpse that's supposed to get us salivating for more but has outlived its purpose by goddamned years and always, always serves to irritate and confuse people unless it's Star Wars.

I was expecting to see .5 seconds of Venom and not .5 seconds of a symbiote, sure, but there was enough here that it's got me looking forward to the real deal.
That's true and I agree with you, but it also seems to imply that we won't see a great deal of Venom in action, which I hope isn't the case. As much as I like Tom Hardy, I don't want him to be out of the suit for most of the movie. A Venom movie should have plenty of Venom in it. And yes, I know we've only seen one minute and 49 seconds of the whole movie, but I must say that this teaser didn't excite me very much. I haven't given up hope, but I do hope the actual trailer shows the actual Venom and that it looks a little more exciting. At this point, it's looking more like a rental than a trip to the theater for me.