Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    She-Hulk anyone? It's entertaining enough but there's not alot here to chew on.

I'm watching No Way Home again, this time on 4K disc. This movie is great, but maaaaaaan most of this CG is just awful. Lizard looks even worse in HDR, as does Sandman. And that scene where Spidey is trying to stop Electro in NJ? That whole thing just looks so bad & super fake, part. the next morning when he's still there but now the sun is out. I also hate Jamie Foxx as Electro (that is NOT the Electro personality at all)...and Dr. Strange was right. He should have just let them all die in their own dimensions.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    She-Hulk started really good, and I'm finding a lot to like in most episodes, but god damn they have dipped for the last few.

Really hoping something stirs with Hulk/Abomination anything to set up World War Hulk at some point as we reach the final episodes.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    She Hulk should be so much better, it has everything it needs to succeed, and it just doesn't stick the landing. Issue number one being the now broader marvel problem of having to balance it's connection to the larger world and tell the story within. Even for me, it's a tough balance for these shows and movies to strike, because I want to see the broader narrative move forward. I thi k this issue has been more present as marvel milks it's C and D list of characters while audiences crave bigger characters like the X-Men and fantastic 4. In the pre-mcu world I probably would have never paid much attention to like 7 of the last 10 marvel things, and I suppose that's the point, but now there so much of it that it has a hard time standing out. To stand out and to be a part of is such an unfair challenge for any show.

She Hulk's more personal problem is in it's screen writing. It wants to have all of these characters to represent real world issues of misogyny and sexism and incel terrorist, but each and every time it goes with the lowest hanging fruit and under writes the character. They're all just stereotypes, and that removes all the stakes and substance. These are serious real world problems, and one of the most I portant aspects of the issue is that it hides in plain sight, it's subtle, it's insidious. It's not so outright easy to spot as these clowns they keep trotting through the show. Maybe they are. Idk. But to me it all feels very on the nose and very phoned in, which isn't working for me. Even the bridal party in this week's episode was a case of this... Why are they so horrible to her? It's unclear, they aren't motivated by anything and it ends up going beyond the point of believability for no reason at all, and then the conflict also ends for no reason at all.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Couldn't have said it better. There is just nothing interesting going on in the show. The gotcha moments like teasing Daredevil since the beginning, and then pretty much saying "Haha, we're not revealing him yet" is just hard eyerolling at this point. "Breaking the 4th wall" isn't as clever in this show as the writers think it is.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh shiiii....

Last edited by allegate; 09-27-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Holllyyyyy! It's actually happening! September 6th, 2024 sounds so damn far away, but that logo is absolutely badass!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-27-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Ryan's better not be messing with us. I swear to God that if this is just a prank, I will track him down and slap him. It probably won't hurt him much because I have really small hands (but I'm a woman so it's normal for me to have small hands, contrary to that orange idiot--anywho) and chances are I'm going to break a couple of bones too because I have really small bones... but I'll do it because principles.

Dear Hugh: never say never?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I haven't seen 2 in awhile but is that gray suit new? where he's sitting at the typewriter?

EDIT:

there's more?

Last edited by allegate; 09-27-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yep, I'm pretty fucking excited about this! He's been banging the drum about bringing Hugh back for a long time, but I did not think it would actually happen!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    would be awesome if the Hulk tease in his Netflix movie paid off as well and we end up with a Hulk / Wolverine movie thing.

That or "Deadpool Kills the Fox Universe".
    Last edited by allegate; 09-27-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I haven't seen 2 in awhile but is that gray suit new? where he's sitting at the typewriter?

EDIT:

there's more?

I believe this is a joke referring to the movie he's directing and starring in with Reynolds titled If (Imaginary Friends).

The grey suit however, I believe is just his regular suit after he got blasted by Firefist in Deadpool 2. You can still see some red in the forearm and the other forearm tear matches the one in the end of Deadpool 2. I always thought it was a subtle Easter egg reflecting his X-force suit, which is grey with the red buckle.

Also, Blade just lost its director, but will stay on as executive producer:

If this is indeed true, maybe Disney should stop trying to spread all of their employees too thin and slow the process down a bit? The Marvel fatigue is definitely starting to settle in for me, even with some exciting announcements.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-28-2022 at 06:02 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's just going to be a blast watching those two on-screen together. I can't wait for the silly, contrived, and/or half-assed explanation of how Deadpool and Wolverine are now in the MCU, only to have Deadpool turn toward the screen, breaking the fourth wall to tell us something like "Shhh... don't think about it too hard. It's just a superhero movie."

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I'm a bit torn on this, but overall, I feel like it's a positive sign. I've been excited for Armor Wars and this decision to change the format from TV series to film likely means a few things:
    1. The most obvious difference – it'll be considerably shorter. Maybe that's a good thing if they don't have a LOT of story to tell. Some of the Disney+ shows have felt a little stretched out at times, like they could have been trimmed down.
    2. The budget is likely to be much higher and won't be spread out over the course of 6 episodes, so the CGI should be higher quality, which will be important since it'll feature lots of CGI Iron Man-esque suits.
    3. I like to think that this is a sign that the Disney top brass is impressed enough with the script and/or story concepts that they felt it deserved to be "upgraded" to a theatrically released movie.
    4. Perhaps the elevated exposure and increased budget that goes along with a theatrical release will allow them to bring in more high-profile characters (i.e., more expensive actors) from the MCU (maybe Vision? Happy? Pepper? Robert Downey Jr. in pre-recorded videos or as AI?). Ever since Armor Wars was announced, I've been really hoping that Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer would make a return. I loved him in Iron Man 2 and this is the perfect excuse to bring back that character. It just makes too much sense not to!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-29-2022 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm a bit torn on this, but overall, I feel like it's a positive sign. I've been excited for Armor Wars and this decision to change the format from TV series to film likely means a few things:
    1. The most obvious difference – it'll be considerably shorter. Maybe that's a good thing if they don't have a LOT of story to tell. Some of the Disney+ shows have felt a little stretched out at times, like they could have been trimmed down.
    2. The budget is likely to be much higher and won't be spread out over the course of 6 episodes, so the CGI should be higher quality, which will be important since it'll feature lots of CGI Iron Man-esque suits.
    3. I like to think that this is a sign that the Disney top brass is impressed enough with the script and/or story concepts that they felt it deserved to be "upgraded" to a theatrically released movie.
    4. Perhaps the elevated exposure and increased budget that goes along with a theatrical release will allow them to bring in more high-profile characters (i.e., more expensive actors) from the MCU (maybe Vision? Happy? Pepper? Robert Downey Jr. in pre-recorded videos or as AI?). Ever since Armor Wars was announced, I've been really hoping that Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer would make a return. I loved him in Iron Man 2 and this is the perfect excuse to bring back that character. It just makes too much sense not to!
    Get out of my head! I was relieved when I read this because War Machine has always been one of my favorite characters, I hate that he is always a bit sidelined throughout the MCU with a handful of great scenes in the actual armor. It would have suffered from just being a series, and lately, a decent amount of the series have been incredibly lackluster for me. They started out very well, but lately they haven't really been all that good.

I've wanted Justin Hammer back for a long time now! When he was briefly mentioned in Luke Cage, I was waiting for him to pop up with a dance or saying something absolutely ridiculous.

And, HOLY rewrite...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-30-2022 at 04:26 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    From all that I've seen for this movie, I'm pleasantly surprised. But it still seems like a movie that Marvel never inteded to make this way and especially without Chadwick. Let's see how it all ties together though...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well... whaddya know... She-Hulk is more practical effects than I expected...

Behind the scenes pics

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Good episode of She-Hulk today... Spoiler: Ketchup, mustard and relish

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Last week's episode was great, always good to see more Emil, and yesterday's episode was a series highlight for me, for obvious reasons, but also down to the ramifications of the ending of the episode, it's going to be an interesting finale next week.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

available today on Disney+

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

available today on Disney+
    It's really good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's really good.
    Just finished watching... it sure is. Spoiler: flaming tuba

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed that one as it's something completely different for the MCU and very much needed after some lackluster movies at the cinema. Kinda wish Doctor Strange 2 would have been alittle bit more like this one, especially with Man Thing being involved. Let's see what they do with these characters in the future.

I'm in! And I really do love the score!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's funny, I feel like we keep getting things that are praised for feeling different or apart from the mcu, a lot of the marvel shows have been like that and yet I still feel like the brand invites derision and jadedness. Dr Strange and Thor definitely had a blandness about them but for a while Marvel has succeeded in it's departures and yet... The whole is less than the sum of its parts, absolutely. Even with that superb spider man movie and Wandavision and moon knight, i can see how hard it is for them to feel fresh and like some magic is missing

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finished re-watching that “Cloak & Dagger” series last night… still very good. More people should watch it. Covers a lot of important and useful topics (resolve and integrate traumas to move forward).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Rumored before, now apparently confirmed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the way She-Hulk ended the season.