Page 126 of 137 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    His design is still a little underwhelming, but it seems he's being corrupted over the course of the movie so there are still hopes that he looks more menacing as the movie progresses. Cool trailer though!
    Yea, I'm with you here. He still looks better than I had thought, I'm holding out that his look changes with All-Black the Necrosword doing its thing in the movie. I really hope the sword and him aren't just throwaways. But we have Christian Bale in the MCU... Still seems a bit surreal, but cool as hell .

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    the black and white parts are definitely a look, especially for how bright this Thor is now.

there's still one more character they need to show because they keep framing shots with huge empty spaces. I wonder who it is? side note: I'm not going to look it up.

Gorr looks alright, wish they could have kept at least some of the comic sensibilities but I guess CGI head things would be difficult. Hela was easier because it was static CG I think?
    They could have at least given him a black robe and some more alien features. I didn't expect them to go with the "Voldemort" look from the comics and frankly I guess it would have been a thin line of not becoming too campy, but he looks rather bland. Way better than the leaked toys though.

I'm hoping there is something going on with him or at least some kind of transformation. Also the sword looks a little too simple for my taste. But let's see how it all unfolds. The black and white scenes certainly look intriguing and I hope they don't throw away the chance of building Gorr up a little bit since they got Bale in the MCU now and given how frightening he is in the comics.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Watching again, this scene has me super intrigued.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm moody today. Being moody is a part of being an old lady. So yeah, I'm a bit "meh" about the trailer.

But Christian Bale? Oh heck yeah. And remember: he was the stuff of nightmares in American Psycho and that's without costume, make up or CGI. I buy him as Gorr.

Still loving Mighty Thor and I hated Portman in TDW.

Why is Korg talking about Thor in the past tense at the beginning of the trailer?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The Living Tribunal has been in so much stuff lately too, going back to Loki. Building the cosmic side in the background maybe?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I've not seen this before, kind of hilarious.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    There is an entire following of Morbius on Twitter, and it is by far one of the more hilarious phenomenons to hit the internet. When I see #morbiussweep trending, you know you're in a for a few laughs.

Someone made a profile on twitch and streamed the entire movie and the chat was saying nothing but "It's Morbin time" and "Time to morb". And you know the twitch admins were watching it because the stream ended as soon as the credits started to roll, hahahaa.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I can't wait for the hdtgm episode.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Say it ain't so.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-02-2022 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's hilarious to me that Sony heard about the "Morbin' time" meme trend and thought it meant that there's a surge in interest strong enough to merit re-releasing Morbius in theaters. They're about to be disappointed. Again.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    First episode of Ms. Marvel was pretty fun. Looking forward to the next one.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would say it was fun, but feels all too familiar coming off of Turning Red just like 2 months ago. I would also say it's a bit too self assured. Underneath the bombast is a character who's growth and troubles deserve a little bit more emphasis, at least so far as I often felt the animations on screen pulled us away from what could be the substance of the dialogue.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched ep. 1 of Ms. Marvel... I found it endearing. Almost charming even... my beloved partner unfortunately had flashbacks arguing with her mom about going to her first con.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    as someone from Jersey City, I'm actually a bit bummed it wasn't filmed there

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Phase 5 roadmap coming soon!
    Also...

I like Aaron Taylor-Johnson, but Sony about to make Kraven the Hunter into Ace Ventura.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-21-2022 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” … so… you wanna see what maladapting due to unresolved trauma?

While you don't have to watch WandaVision to get into it, knowing the details as to how she got from point A to point B was good to know.

Also still enjoying Ms. Marvel (and now I'm wondering how it ties into Spoiler: Shang-Chi).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ms Marvel is fine but I think they really screwed up when they changed her powers because right now they're both bland and vague

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    big LOL to that Kraven description. Sony are still drunk.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    We watched Doctor Strange last night, enjoyed it, but glad we were seeing it home, for free. I found the overall story pretty weak, and a missed opportunity to have fun with the multiverse... I also hate how inconsistent the MCU is... Spoiler: If the Peter Parkers from other universes were different people at different ages (played by different actors) then why did every Doctor Strange look the same?! When I heard that Bruce Campbell has a cameo I was hoping that he would be a Doctor Strange in some cool universe, but no... they're just slightly differently styled Cumberbatches also had a problem with Spoiler: how Wanda was handled, pretty one dimensional follow up to the more nuanced WandaVision

Of course there were things to like, too, and as I said, it was a good time in front of the TV... oh, and it was nice to see Sam Raimi's style come through here and there, especially towards the end we got some proper horror/camp moments!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ms Marvel is fine but I think they really screwed up when they changed her powers because right now they're both bland and vague
    I saw someone say that they basically turned her into Green Lantern and now I think about that whenever she uses her powers. But, on the other hand, doesn't her comic book counterpart basically have the powers of Mr. Fantastic? I admittedly don't know much about her and have never actually read one of HER comics, just ones that she appeared in (Avengers, Secret Wars 2015, etc).
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-26-2022 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I saw someone say that they basically turned her into Green Lantern and now I think about that whenever she uses her powers. But, on the other hand, doesn't her comic book counterpart basically have the powers of Mr. Fantastic? I admittedly don't know much about her and have never actually read one of HER comics, just ones that she appeared in (Avengers, Secret Wars 2015, etc).
    There are 4 people that take the Ms. Marvel name, with Kamala being the 4th. Her main power is body morphing which I found to be an absolute blast when playing Square Enix's Avengers game. She does make her fist bigger in the show but it seems more like a "You happy?" from the makers of the show. It's quite lame imo...

She is definitely one of the least interesting characters, even if they kept her true powers. Nice that younger fans can relate to something and discover these less known heroes that may not be all too nostalgic for long time fans of the comics like myself.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-27-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They're Kree(ish) powers, hence the blue arm. I kind of like how they're handling the history of Djinn (and Juice) in the show in regards to past history. Almost an Eternals feel to it (Icarus, etc.) where there's history of things happening and it turns out to be real!

I have to talk about how much I love the show and the way it's handling the themes. the line about "good Muslim telling on bad Muslim" was wonderful, the constant usage of Urdu with no translation but you know anyway because of context is great, the entire Auntie bit and then the wedding was just icing on the cake. I love the way it's unapologetic (for this middle-aged white guy, lol) in it's appearance and themes.

one thing I'm not picking up on is why the Damage Control people are so evil. They're not "bad guys" at all, they're evil. It's really strange to have that in this show. I really don't understand the reasoning at this time but I guess it'll come to light.

I wonder if they're evil because they're Skrulls infiltrating?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wild bit of news there.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Really enjoying Ms. Marvel. I await a closer relationship to the bigger MCU, but we'll get there. Certainly is more related than Moon Knight. Next week should be a doozy/give us lots if info with this jump into the past. What I think I love most is how, as has been said above, they aren't holding our fragile white hands at all, and I'm actually learning things. And I'm regularly looking up phrases, wiki's and maps throughout each episode.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just saw Thor: Love & Thunder. First half was a bit of a hot mess, but it stuck the landing in the end. I enjoyed it a lot overall.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Probably be seeing it this afternoon, depending on ticket availability.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    FFS just read about the GNR songs in Love and Thunder. Why do film directors insist on inflicting their teenage music taste on film goers, it’s just sad. What next a film directed by Beavis and Butthead, uh uh I love Axl. ?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Very mixed on Thor. They took Ragnorak and ran with it a tad too much imo, and Spoiler: They underutilized Gorr and apparently cut A LOT of footage that had Gorr in them. I loved what Bale brought to the role... 6/10 for me atm.