Page 115 of 137 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 4100

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I feel like that was Chronopolis there at the end but I also feel that I'm reaching and hoping just a tad.

favorite moment was Captain Hook, that had me in stitches.

I'll just keep editing stuff in, why not.

the boat there? that was the USS Eldridge aka The Philadelphia Experiment
    Philadelphia Experiment[edit]

The "Philadelphia Experiment" was a purported naval military experiment at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, sometime around 28 October 1943, in which Eldridge was to be rendered invisible (i.e. by a cloaking device) to human observers for a brief period.[4][5] The story is considered a hoax: there is a general lack of evidence for the alleged experiment; the person who started the myth—a man calling himself Carlos Miguel Allende—admitted that he had made up the story and relayed it to author Morris K. Jessup; and the USS Eldridge's deck log and war diary (preserved on microfilm) show that the ship was never in Philadelphia between August and December 1943.[6]
    Last edited by allegate; 07-07-2021 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    unrelated to Loki:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I feel like that was Chronopolis there at the end but I also feel that I'm reaching and hoping just a tad.

favorite moment was Captain Hook, that had me in stitches.

I'll just keep editing stuff in, why not.

the boat there? that was the USS Eldridge aka The Philadelphia Experiment
    https://www.ign.com/articles/loki-ea...-thanos-copter

Just so we're clear, that's a lot of Kang references for it to not be Kang next week.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 07-08-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What if...? looks fantastic. But damn, it hurts like hell to hear Chadwick's voice.

Also Throg. Throg is now MCU canon . Just think about that for a moment.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw Back Window tonight and enjoyed it. I've never seen any of the movies with these characters (only seen a few Marvel movies), but I could still follow the story. Plot was a little thin, but I liked the characters, there was some humor and the action sequences are great.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    got tickets for Black Widow for next week. It will be the first time I'm going to the movies since Feb. 2020. I'll admit, I don't really care too much for the Marvel stuff as I used to but I'm looking forward to the theater experience and an enjoyable film.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    got tickets for Black Widow for next week. It will be the first time I'm going to the movies since Feb. 2020. I'll admit, I don't really care too much for the Marvel stuff as I used to but I'm looking forward to the theater experience and an enjoyable film.
    This one is worth seeing in 3D.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    people are complaining that (actual spoiler) Spoiler: Taskmaster is a woman. I mean, I guess if you thought they were doing comic-faithful adaptations of characters then I'd see where you're coming from but there's a decade-plus of movies (and television) where they say "that's a good idea, but let's change it a little".

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching... I liked but I can understand if there's people who don't. The end credits scene was a nice tie-in.

If you liked the Jason Bourne movies, you'll probably get through this no problem.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 07-10-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    having now seen the movie: that was kind of obvious. again, you've had a decade-plus of movies where they almost always do the obvious like that so it wasn't that surprising.

the last episode of Loki is also probably going to be obvious and Marvel-ey because they almost have to at this point. I'm not at all knocking them, btw, I don't care. I get what I expect from the films/shows and surprise isn't one of those things. there's twists and turns and then we get to where we were going anyway.

back to the film: the scene that's in all the trailers, them falling through the sky, was pretty great. no one died from random debris falling on them and that seemed too much of a neat bow but again it's a Marvel movie. they survived that physics-ally impossible helicopter crash and they survived the chute-opens-too-late so why not complete the movie trope trifecta and survive debris.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really didn't think i'd be all that into BW, but i really enjoyed it! Florence Pugh and David Harbour were DELIGHTS in every scene they were in! I do feel like they kinda wasted Taskmaster, but Spoiler: i'm happy they didn't kill them, so there's a chance to do something with them in future Also i completely forgot Ray Winestone was an actor, all he does anymore in the UK is be a mouthpiece for various betting firms adverts, i honestly thought he'd retired just to do them!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Loved it! Better than the majority of solo marvel movies. Really sad it took this long for BW to get her own solo flick. Great, brutal action.

My only gripe is that it is *deeply* irresponsible to include a picture of bill Clinton I your photo sequence about kidnapped little girls. Like it is insane to me that that edit made it through after the capitol riot.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This movie... Lol. Action was great, Taskmaster was wasted and was used just as I thought (Even though I have to admit, the decision they went with made me roll my eyes.) some fun moments but the script is so laughably bad along with those line deliveries in the third act. This one should have stayed on the shelf. Not to mention, some of the worst green screens I have seen in a Marvel movie.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-10-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I thought task aster was cool but yeah they hype her as this unstoppable fighter and yet she eats shit like a Looney toon in every fight.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Florence Pugh absolutely stole the show. Overall BW felt like a second-tier Winter Soldier.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I thought "Black Widow" was ok except for the bad fake Russian accents

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Sure, it was a movie about Natasha, the Black Widow but I'm really starting to think the title referred to the program that she a product of. And hence, making a lot more sense of the plot and how it's a set of for her sister to take a much bigger roll going forward. Hail Hydra.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://freebeacon.com/culture/review-black-widow/

I couldn't get past the first paragraph. Just terrible. I understand that not everyone will like a movie but that's crazy to call out fans for enjoying what they're watching.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I couldn't get past the first paragraph. Just terrible. I understand that not everyone will like a movie but that's crazy to call out fans for enjoying what they're watching.
    Just remember, this is the guy telling fans to get a life...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I know it's a common refrain but he's a king of marketing. I don't know if it's all him or if he's got someone working for him that knows their stuff but either way this is genius stuff.

Even the Korg MCU thing is amazing, Taika really nailing it there.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well that Loki finale was intense.

Spoiler: They've really blown the doors open for the Multiverse good and proper now, with Kang the new big bad for the next phase. Totally stoked to see where they go from here, and as well as the fact Loki gets a second season.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Loki was definitely my favorite of the TV shows so far. Loved it. I also really appreciate that this show is the least Owen Wilson that Owen Wilson has been in years.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Loki is definitely their best series. I felt WandaVision started off strong, but kinda fumbled the landing. Falcon and Winter Soldier was okay, though I found the whole Karli and her team of the latest iPhone commercial starring super soldier pals fighting for whatever subplot very boring and poorly handled.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-14-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ...stays tuned for S2.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Am I the only one? I found the finale bad. Like profoundly bad. 30 minutes of egregious and boring exposition from yet another marvel villain who's been given a completely identical, aloof direction. To play Kang with some real drama and conviction would have been fresh, instead his personality is indistinguishable from Dreyfus' character. What a waste.

This show could have leaned a lot more into fun and chaos and time travel shit and instead ended up being a bit more morose and serious. I would actually call it the worst one so far. And yes I realize the irony in that base on what I just said about Ka g, but I'm sticking to it

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Am I the only one? I found the finale bad. Like profoundly bad. 30 minutes of egregious and boring exposition from yet another marvel villain who's been given a completely identical, aloof direction. To play Kang with some real drama and conviction would have been fresh, instead his personality is indistinguishable from Dreyfus' character. What a waste.

This show could have leaned a lot more into fun and chaos and time travel shit and instead ended up being a bit more morose and serious. I would actually call it the worst one so far. And yes I realize the irony in that base on what I just said about Ka g, but I'm sticking to it
    Honestly, I enjoyed the finale because it was so not the usual Marvel ending. I like the fact we didn't get some big grand CG blowout ending. Marvel has become very, very formulaic. That's what bugged me so much about the WandaVision finale with all its CGI there are really no real stakes when these characters fight usual crap. I'm sorry, but it gets kinda tiresome over and over. I liked the fact it took the room to breathe and make you ponder some very big questions of what is to come with this universe... I'm sorry, multiverse. I actually found Kang a lot more fascinating and interesting having this moment of back and forth with him. I quite enjoyed Jonathan Majors' performance because he wasn't your typical Marvel villain. It was the complete opposite the way Marvel handles their villains. Because let's face it, a lot of times, Marvel fails with their villains. People will hate me for saying this, but even Thanos could get a bit one dimensional and boring. I am happy for once they broke away from their usual ending and gave us time with Kang. So I found myself enjoying all the banter and found Majors funny, with that hint of how evil he could be lurking underneath. The one thing I wish is that Marvel's villains had more depth. So I found Majors/Kang scene was a great moment and he was so not what you were expecting. I think it also helped set up the stakes at play and how Kang is a hell of a lot more powerful than Thanos.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-15-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

well, technically that wasn't the Kang that will be in the Ant-man movie. He even says that he's the 'nice' one and that the other Varients are the ones who started the whole let's conquer everything war.

• He Who Remains (portrayed by Jonathan Majors) is the creator of the Time Variance Authority (TVA), which he founded after a multiversal war. He resides in the Citadel at the End of Time and is ultimately killed by Sylvie. He makes his first appearance in Loki, and is based on Immortus and He Who Remains from the Marvel Comics. A variant of him, Kang the Conqueror, will serve as the main antagonist of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
    Kind of confused by the opening with everyone speaking. I mean I get what they were trying to do but it didn't seem cohesive, especially with all of the rando real people quotes as well.
    Last edited by allegate; 07-15-2021 at 10:10 AM.