Page 36 of 137 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    there's a # of appearances attached to each of these actors. Marvel is choosy about where to use/waste them, so they must have decided to not use one of them in this movie. I guess that's fine & for The Greater Good (Year Zero what up!), but the character of Nick Fury not getting involved in this huge fight between his handpicked team seems a bit unbelievable plot-wise.

While we're on plot issues with the movie, I think it's silly that Cap didn't bring up how Hydra infiltrated and almost took over the U.S. gov't/SHIELD from within, and almost sent nukes all over the world. So this same gov't, that was just recently take over, are the now the people that the Avengers & other powered individuals are supposed to trust with their identities and oversight? How can they possibly trust them? I feel like that's a pretty solid argument that Cap and his group could have made to defend their pov. Or did I perhaps miss a brief reference to this in the movie?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Well, they were surrendering their authority to the will of the U.N. rather than the U.S., for starters.

And plotwise Fury's still in hiding and only stepped-in when absolutely necessary for the Sokovia crisis, hanging around to expose himself to world authorities AND the assassin who thinks he killed Fury probably wouldn't advance his agendas for going to hiding in the first place.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Some really cool Civil War themed jackets here. Pricey though:

http://nerdist.com/these-captain-america-civil-war-jackets-bring-style-to-superhero-warfare/

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Agent Carter cancelled.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bastards! Screw that.

So many questions left unanswered...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The Mockingbird and Hunter show isn't moving forward either, so i wonder if they'll just bring them back in to the flagship show at some point?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Shit!!!!

I wanted to see Peggy vs. Dottie III!!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Agent Carter cancelled.

i am so sad right now

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I wanted to know who killed Agent Sousa as I was starting to like that character. Plus, I wanted more of Jarvis.... fuck you ABC!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Thompson was the one killed.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Thompson was the one killed.
    Oh yeah. Sorry. *facepalm myself for being stupid*

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Man, I keep coming back to the scene in Civil War where Natasha went to the funeral to talk to Steve and give him a hug. I really liked that relationship as I kinda wanted them to get together instead of Steve and Sharon Carter.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Michael B. Jordan (and possibly Lupita Nyong'o) cast in Black Panther- get hyped!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Michael B. Jordan (and possibly Lupita Nyong'o) cast in Black Panther- get hyped!
    I'm so hyped for this film. Under the direction of Ryan Coogler and if he is able to create something special without too much compromise from Kevin Feige. I hope there is something special with this film. I read that Jordan is likely to play a villain while I think Nyong'o is going to play a love interest/fellow fighter.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Lupita needs to play Shuri, no exceptions!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.change.org/p/netflix-sav...her-to-netflix

I'm not sure how successful these online petitions usually are, but it's worth a shot to bring Carter to Netflix!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Man, I keep coming back to the scene in Civil War where Natasha went to the funeral to talk to Steve and give him a hug. I really liked that relationship as I kinda wanted them to get together instead of Steve and Sharon Carter.
    I thought that was a touching moment too... however, I actually appreciate that it wasn't a romantic gesture, rather a friend reaching out to a friend. Not enough friendships between a man and a woman in pop culture that manages not to turn into a lovefest.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Or between two men. (I say as an avowed Stucky shipper. )

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Also, on that note, I think the lowest point of Age of Ultron was that Black Widow's storyline was simply her relationship to Dr. Banner and that she could manipulate him. Like, that's the best we could do with a female character... Weak.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Also, on that note, I think the lowest point of Age of Ultron was that Black Widow's storyline was simply her relationship to Dr. Banner and that she could manipulate him. Like, that's the best we could do with a female character... Weak.
    I think if the Hulk returns for Infinity Wars, when Black Widow tries to calm him down. Why not have Scarlet Witch arrive with a soda and offer it to Hulk who drinks it and calms down sparking some funny girl-on-girl tension between Widow and Witch? I kinda wanted to see a cat fight between those 2.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Nooooooo I need Wanda and Vision to have imaginary babies.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Nooooooo I need Wanda and Vision to have imaginary babies.
    OK, how about Widow and Witch just have the banter like Falcon and Bucky? We need the ladies to be funny and have a sister-mance or something.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So the box office gross for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in almost two months has officially been surpassed by Captain America: Civil War in just over two weeks, lol.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'll never understand the weird fanboy competitiveness between franchises.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    There's a difference between a sense of competition and a blatantly apparent observation.

I grew up reading and loving ALL comics, irrespective of their publishers. You'd have just as likely found me reading Marvel or DC or my sister's "Archie" comics as you would "Ralph Snart," "Dark Horse Presents," "TMNT," or "Andrew Vachss' Hard Looks," etc. Suffice it to say, I cast a pretty wide net. These days I still have favorite characters and titles and they're mostly Marvel's but I don't really care about that...I pretty much just follow the talent I like no matter what they're working on for whichever publisher.

And, frankly, I'm a fan of the DCEU and the MCU alike so far. I've actually seen BvS:DoJ and CA:CW 10 times each and enjoyed them both every time! But the court of public opinion has rendered its verdict and Marvel is clearly running circles around DC right now.

So to speak.

Like I said, I'm pulling for BOTH to succeed.

But if I find a .gif that expresses the current dynamic succinctly and hilariously then I'm not going to hold myself back from enjoying it or sharing the fun for fear of being accused of being a competitive fanboy.

I've always been pretty clear about what I enjoy so I'm not really worried about it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Those kinds of gifs in general are exactly that sort of smarmy, "Ooo look haha thing I like did better than thing I don't, we win" mentality though. I'm not talking about you specifically, just that general attitude, mentality and type of content. It's so weird. There's a connotation to it that you can't say isn't there. It's one thing to say "Move A made more money than Movie B" and another to have gifs making fun of Movie B for making less money than Movie A.

But whatever. I'm happy to see Civil War doing well because I really can't say there's anything I didn't like about it and I've not said that about a Marvel movie since Iron Man.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'll never understand the weird fanboy competitiveness between franchises.
    I think you're misunderstanding the situation. Comic nerds love that Marvel put in the time and effort to make an interconnected universe that's respectful of the properties and fans expectations, where as the studios/directors doing DC movies (and Marvel stuff not under Marvel control) are dropping the ball in the eyes of the fans. So the nerds are gleeful when MCU movies outperform the competition.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It's not competition. Marvel systematically built up their characters (and movies). WB/DC, since the awful Man of Steel, have shown that not only do they not care about their characters but also don't know them either. Badass depressed Superman. Batman shooting and branding guys. Whatever the fuck that Lex Luthor was supposed to be. Pa Kent--sociopath. Zombie Zod + LOTR Cave Troll = Doomsday.

Unchecked Goyer and Snyder gives you garbage every time. And they pushed out the guy that was supposed to serve as the Joss Whedon/Marvel guide in Christopher Nolan. Haste (and two mentally 14 year old minds) made waste. It's not even a competition anymore.

I like both DC and Marvel but as far as movies go? It's not even close. Nolan's Batman trilogy was great. I like Arrow and Flash but that dummy Snyder doesn't want anything to do with the two well established DC characters. Not badass enough for him (no really, that's basically the exact quote).

There's nothing but GRIMDARK BADASS in Snyder/Goyer's DC. And WB signed off on it. Suicide Squad looks like more of the same with unintentional comedy and lots of obvious phoned in performances. We deserved better. I feel really bad for DC fans who have this fanboy hatred of Marvel. It's sad watching them try to defend what is indefensible.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-17-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Well, let's not forget there's always been a healthy competitiveness between both companies anyway. I always got a kick out of seeing Marvel's "Bullpen Bulletins" refer to their "distinguished competition," lol. And DC's hardly innocent of similar snark.

But fuck it, forget all that and forget the money.

I'm glad to hear you found nothing wrong with CA:CW...but can you honestly say the same about BvS:DoJ?

Because the general consensus seems to be that one of them is nearly perfect while the other is far from it, and the .gif above is equally expressive of THAT dynamic as it is of the finances.

Take your pick.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 05-17-2016 at 07:39 AM.