Page 30 of 137 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I am itching to resume with DD season 2, got as far as Spoiler: Stick coming back

The first 4 episodes were SOLID AS FUCK!
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-18-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Matt Murdock: I won't shoot a guy with a gun but I'll use it to punch you in the face.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Spotted a cool Easter egg in Episode 10!

Workin' that Deathlok angle, w00t.

XD

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend at C2E2 today

also, finally watched the last episode of agent carter last night. it was great, and they better fucking renew it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Elektra, purrrrr!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Sweet Christmas!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Considering they deliberately showed us something of where Punisher's story will go from here i really hope they figure out what they're going to do with that character and not just leave him hanging like that. I recall reading about how they weren't going to do a Netflix series spin off for Frank despite his prominence and set up in Daredevil Season 2. He so deserves his own series after this!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    "I'm going to put on some pants"
    "NO!"

Only two episodes in, but it seems like they've abandoned the cool, muted darkness and pacing for the shitty over the top, cartoonist grittiness of Jessica Jones... hope it gets better.

I n predicted this, but as soon as he put on a real superhero outfit he totally lost his edge
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-19-2016 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I just finished watching season 2 of Dare Devil and I got to say my expectations for just The Punisher were blown out of the water.\
    For me The Punisher steals the show, it's just pure excellence.
    They really did a fantastic job of intertwining DD, The Punisher, and all the other elements of the show together without dragging it out or bothering to do the same tired origin story cliches (trying to avoid posting spoilers so I won't go in depth).

I hope that Netflix does a The Punisher show after Luke Cage and Iron fist. Both shows that I am extremely excited for if they keep it on par with JJ and DD.
    I feel like the tv show format really brings justice to all the characters and the story arcs and they could not have done this in a movie.

In my opinion both seasons of Dare Devil and the first season of Jessica Jones does what the movies in the MCU haven't been able to do so far.
    Well done and kudos to the whole team that made it all happen.
    I highly recommended it. 10/10 show all the way through.

Spoiler: Holy shit that scene in the prison with The Punisher really brought out what the punisher is all about and is the turning point for the audience with all the hyper-realistic violence shown.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    ELEKTRA GETS IT.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I don't even like most MCU stuff and Daredevil's the best thing they've ever done. Season 2 has none of the pacing issues or bland subplots of the first with better writing, better variety, better energy and an incredible revolving door of great characters that allow for great surprises and narrative flourishes the whole way through.

I was a massive DD and Punisher fan as a kid and this is my heaven. Episode 9 was utter perfection. Bernthal desperately needs a solo series; announcing it will only be a formality now because there is no way they don't give him one after all of this. Best portrayal of the character ever -- eat it, Dolph Lundgren.

I am so happy Marvel has this Netflix deal. Jessica Jones was a snorefest at best and a chore at worst but Daredevil is such proof of what they can do. As someone who waited half a year to finally get around to Ant-Man (which I loathed) and who couldn't care less about Agents of Shield, I've watched ten hours of DD in the past two days and can't make myself stop. At worst it's been pure popcorn-ingesting fun and at best has been a dark, smartly crafted, deftly acted drama piece and brooding character study that I can't take my eyes off of. It's proof that grit and fun are capable of co-existing in a comic book adaptation with far more balance and consistency than in the first season, where the more Miller-era ninja elements grated against the rest of the material.

This whole season is so consistent, so good, so entertaining and all the loose bolts feel tightened. Karen is finally a good character. The new costume is as good as we'll likely get and makes up for whatever that ridiculous thing was at the end of season 1. I can't believe once this is done I'll have to go another year without this, but good god I'm so happy to get to see things like this.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Holy shit during the last few minutes of episode eight.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Haha, he's obviously the star of the show and clearly has quite the well-toned muscle-rump...I just wish the directors spent as much time dwelling on Elektra's ass as they do on Matt's, lol.

I mean, daaaamn. What a GORGEOUS fucking woman!

I'm fiending for more of her so bad I've even considered watching the train wreck that is G.I. Joe: Retaliation again just to see more of her in action as Jinx, which is easily one of the best highlights of the movie.

Which may sound like faint praise but is possibly the finest compliment one could ever receive, lol.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Season finale: my emotions!

Spoiler: Okay, let's see if I get this straight: Clancy Brown's character was the Blacksmith, right?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    DD s2 was flawless. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @orestes I do believe you are correct. I was kind of happily surprised that this season seemed to cover all of Punisher's origin and left it open for a branch off that would let him start with a new arc entirely, and that character wrapped it up, allowing the loose ends to get tied.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    When Hannibal was on the air the inevitable discussion of who would play Clarice Starling came up in AV Club reviews, I thought Deborah Ann Woll would have been a good choice. Her turn in this season justified that a little for me.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I can see that. On a related note, I was pretty shocked by the resolution of Ben Urich's arc from the first season and wondered wtf they were planning to do about all that later on, so I really liked the way Karen Page stepped into his shoes and how much of Ben was still hanging around for the second season. That was really cool and well done.

On the flipside, the whole Blacksmith thing seemed pretty rushed, forced, and clumsily handled, unfortunately. I would've liked to have seen that done better, but the rest of Frank Castle's arc was pretty perfectly handled so it's forgivable, I guess.

And the stuff with Frank's x-ray and his perpetual mental condition following the bullet to his head was fucking GENIUS, man. Loved every bit of that! Especially the way it all neatly tied into his adoption of the Punisher persona and emblem at the end of the season. That was some pretty inspired stuff which (correct me if I'm wrong) is utterly unprecedented in any version of his origins from the comics, so I give MASSIVE kudos to the show for introducing that stuff to the character's background.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This dhow had definitely picked up. I appreciate the showrunners' dedication to fucking up their heroes and them forcing them to recover for several episodes in a row.

Just two more to go

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Literally anyone: Please.. halp me...

Matt Murdock:

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ok, am I missing something? Stick trained Electra and Daredevil completely separately and then they met years later and banged entirely by coincidence?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Nope. Stick sent Elektra into Matt's life to distract him from college, yada yada yada the war with the Hand but Elektra ended up falling for him.

(sidenote: that flashback in the boxing ring was hot.)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Jeremy Renner would be up for a Netflix Hawkeye series

I would love that too. Hawkeye was the most enjoyable part of Age of Ultron (with Vision).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    *sigh* Too bad we'll never see an adaptation of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye. It would fit in perfectly with Daredevil.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Indeed; that would have been fantastic.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah bro. Bro, seriously bro.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Bro,bro,bro,bro,bro,bro,bro,bro,bro,bro,bro.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    *sigh* Too bad we'll never see an adaptation of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye. It would fit in perfectly with Daredevil.
    Never say never?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Lol that apartment is way too nice.