Page 125 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    All caught up with Moon Knight. Hella fun, beautifully shot, Oscar Isaac absolutely nails the roles, and Ethan Hawk really brings it. Khonshu sounds a little bit on the Venom side with the delivery of his voice, but it works for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the video still makes his costume look like a Captain Marvel mashup.

looking at it more, it also kind of looks like the Guardians ship.
    Last edited by allegate; 04-18-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Thor 4 and Guardians 3 are the MCU movies I'm most looking forward to right now. I'm glad that it doesn't look like Jane will be eclipsing Thor in his own movie.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

*eye twitches ensue*

I'm fairly certain this is a parody site. fairly.

edit:

I feel like that blue/white-haired person is Milana Vayntrub but I can't be certain. it's only for a moment but it sure looks like her profile.

also: Milana Vayntrub to star in official Squirrel Girl podcast from writer Ryan North

I with that West Coast Avengers could have been a thing.
    Last edited by allegate; 04-18-2022 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh dear, Thor is having a hippie moment. I love how the King of New Asgard looks bored to tears. And I wonder who reforged MewMew-- I mean Mjolnir.

Oh wait, no I don't. I think I don't.

Taika's name is written all over this and it's a good thing.

edit 2: He is carefully and lovingly planting Stormbreaker. Is he trying to grow himself a Groot? Mighty Thor Jane looks awesome. I didn't want to say it out loud because I didn't want to jinx it but screw it. All hail Mighty Thor!
    Last edited by marodi; 04-18-2022 at 07:10 PM. Reason: It's King Valkyrie, thank you very much.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So, as previously mentioned, I've been on a merry mutant watching quest lately and I just finished up "The Gifted" as a part of that. When it first came out, I watched and didn't really think it fit in with the movies but now I have a theory...

To recap, my preferred viewing order is this; X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand (I'll call this the "collecting mutants and Dark Phoenix" phase of the X-Men timeline, ending around 1980 in the comics... with rearranging things to make Kitty and Rogue make sense), then First Class (and sure, you could watch First Class, uh, first but the Logan joke makes more sense if you have the first three movies already in your head).

This gives a breather to insert The Gifted.

In the comics, after the Dark Phoenix plot (and fast forwarding a little bit) the X-Men go off to Australia and I think this is where the X-Men are during The Gift series. I think the Sentinels evolution within the movies also makes this make sense a bit. More on this a bit later...

Then we have The Wolverine (because Origins doesn't exist in my X-Men world), X-Men: Days of Future Past (X-Men: Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix don't exist either in my X-Men world), Deadpool and Deadpool 2 (Logan also doesn't exist in my X-Men world, while still being a fine film... but you can watch it without having watched any of the other films pretty easily, so it doesn't need to be a part of my list).

However, if The Gifted got a third season, here's one way it could have turned out...

The Jace Turner character, after his defeat at the hands of Thunderbird, he starts becoming a Reaver (and thus could tie in with Logan). He does more back and forth over S3 becoming more and more augmented to hunt down mutants... And then you have the whole Blink not being dead being that goes into Days of Future Past pretty easily. And yeah, I wanted to call the character Erg by another name... but I looked it up and no, he has his own story separate from Bishop (which really would have tied into Days of Future Past... but no, Erg is someone else... it's ok).

Still haven't watched (and don't intend to) The New Mutants, so I'm not putting that into this logic either.

Now on to Legion, which I also don't think will fit as neatly into what has come before but maybe I'll come up with another theory (like taking place at roughly the same time as The Gifted or some such).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

figured it would be a big trailer I just figured it would be a real Thor trailer, not this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Holy crap at that episode of Moon Knight. I don't know if there's a trigger warning for that but man I was feeling it as someone who was abused mentally and physically by his mom. Just a lot to take in and they didn't even acknowledge the third sarcophagus!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New clips shown from Multiverse of Madness getting me super excited! It's going to be the Leo pointing at the screen meme the entire time.

Edit: Moon Knight went from the worst episode, to the best episode back to back... I need a shower after that last one. And can we stop and appreciate Oscar Isaac here? Damn, what a fine job.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-29-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    So, as previously mentioned, I've been on a merry mutant watching quest lately and I just finished up "The Gifted" as a part of that. When it first came out, I watched and didn't really think it fit in with the movies but now I have a theory...

To recap, my preferred viewing order is this; X-Men, X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand (I'll call this the "collecting mutants and Dark Phoenix" phase of the X-Men timeline, ending around 1980 in the comics... with rearranging things to make Kitty and Rogue make sense), then First Class (and sure, you could watch First Class, uh, first but the Logan joke makes more sense if you have the first three movies already in your head).

This gives a breather to insert The Gifted.

In the comics, after the Dark Phoenix plot (and fast forwarding a little bit) the X-Men go off to Australia and I think this is where the X-Men are during The Gift series. I think the Sentinels evolution within the movies also makes this make sense a bit. More on this a bit later...

Then we have The Wolverine (because Origins doesn't exist in my X-Men world), X-Men: Days of Future Past (X-Men: Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix don't exist either in my X-Men world), Deadpool and Deadpool 2 (Logan also doesn't exist in my X-Men world, while still being a fine film... but you can watch it without having watched any of the other films pretty easily, so it doesn't need to be a part of my list).

However, if The Gifted got a third season, here's one way it could have turned out...

The Jace Turner character, after his defeat at the hands of Thunderbird, he starts becoming a Reaver (and thus could tie in with Logan). He does more back and forth over S3 becoming more and more augmented to hunt down mutants... And then you have the whole Blink not being dead being that goes into Days of Future Past pretty easily. And yeah, I wanted to call the character Erg by another name... but I looked it up and no, he has his own story separate from Bishop (which really would have tied into Days of Future Past... but no, Erg is someone else... it's ok).

Still haven't watched (and don't intend to) The New Mutants, so I'm not putting that into this logic either.

Now on to Legion, which I also don't think will fit as neatly into what has come before but maybe I'll come up with another theory (like taking place at roughly the same time as The Gifted or some such).
    I think there was intended to be some kind of synergy between Logan, Days of Future Past, New Mutants', and Gifted as they share characters and ideas and have overlap but the people that handled X-Men at Fox were just completely incompetent

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    watched the end of Loki & Wandavision again tonight with the missus to prep for Strange 2. Gonna see it in Aruba next week, which should be an interesting experience.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 05-01-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Remember to watch the mid-credits scene for Moon Knight.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    What a ride man! I left the cinema both a little bit underwhelmed but also very excited and pleased.

It's a strange movie indeed with alot of creative decisions I don't really get, but this has to be my favorite MCU movie in a while given how jam packed it was and some really cool action scenes.

First of all: the trailers once again gave away way too much and some scenes that struck a nerve in the trailer aren't even in the movie. What? BUT Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen are killing it. To see the Scarlet Witch in full effect is quite a show and definitely more believable and enjoyable than anything they did with Dark Phoenix for example. She really is powerful and massive in this. And America Chavez is truly the heart the movie needs.

One thing that I did really miss was the madness. The movie isn't as crazy as the trailer made it seem to be and they played it quite safe on a couple of occasions. Then again, they really pushed it with the violence, making this the most frightening, bleak and violent Marvel movie in various scenes.

Spoiler: What I didn't enjoy too much was the overall story. While I was excited to know that Wanda is the true villain of the movie very early on her motives and how they were portrayed where a little bit slim. Yeah, she's grieving and on the look for her children, but that wasn't really believable for me. Where was her grief about Vision, being a misfit and all? It was all "I'm a mother" and that's it. So I never had the feeling that there was anything at stake. Plus the movie didn't really bring the MCU forward in any way as it seems very self contained and closed off in a way.

Another huge let down for me where the Illuminati. I see, the internet is a bad place to be before a major Marvel flick hits theatres as the fans are running wild with all kinds of theories. So having Black Bolt sitting in the chair as well as a very boring Peggy Carter and an even more boring Monica Rambeau was a bummer. Reed Richards was nice to see, but they are all killed off, so we can't expect to see them appear again, do we? Same goes for Professor X who is killed off again? Phew... So they once agian didn't give us a proper introduction to the mutants and the X-Men universe. While I don't necessarily need it, this tease gets somewhat old... So yeah, no Tom Cruise, no Deadpool, no mutants, nothing to get really crazy about. And once again, the fanbase went a little bit too far with theories and rumors for the producers of the movie to catch up.

And correct me if I am wrong, but you don't really have to see No Way Home before to understand Strange 2, do you? I found that a little odd and despite some name dropping the movie was fairly neglected which left me a little bit confused.

But off to the good parts: The violence, the action, Wanda, Doctor Strange... if you like that kind of stuff this movie is for you! I really love how they turned Wanda into an interesting character after I pretty much hated her in everything leading up to Endgame. The Scarlet Witch is a massive character and real fun to see being unfold on screen. And a perfect match for Strange having sorcery meeting witchcraft.

I had a huge smile on my face durning most of the movie, the jokes were appropriate, the movie itself strange enough to be a little bit different from the rest of the MCU and there was lots of Raimi moments to enjoy! Danny Elfman's score is solid, but ultimately not very noticeable given how busy that movie is. But that was to be expected. So while the movie lacked a little bit of madness for my taste I enjoyed it very much and will be seeing it again next week!

One thing that makes me a little sad though: I wonder what this movie could have been if Raimi could really let himself go and push the envelope. I know they have to keep these movies as family friendly as possible, but I wouldn't have minded the movie to get a little more darker, heartbreaking and thoughtful. It definitely had it's very dark moments for a Marvel movie, but I find the topics and characters so interesting, that I would have loved to see it all being pushed a little further. Also hearing about those massive reshoots make me wonder if this is indeed what Sam Raimi had originally intended and if this movie could have been a little better.

And holy fuck... Spoiler: Charlize Theron!
    Last edited by dlb; 05-05-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    you were supposed to see this Spoiler: before NWH originally so I don't think that particular bit matters. That's what the reshoots were for, to move some story ideas so it's not as big of a deal for release order.

Also did you watch WandaVision?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ah okay I understand. It still ended up being a little messy and I suppose Marvel did the best they could to make it somewhat cohesive given the covid clusterfuck during production of various projects.

And yeah, big fan of WandaVision, that's why I am saying that I love the progression of her character from a figure I felt was rather bland and forgettable into this powerful being with deeper meaning. Still the movie fell a little flat for me in further carving out her motifs.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ah. Yeah, they have/had a lot more time to develop the character in the shows so seeing them in a film again is just back to the high-level development where it's basically just word clouds.

I saw WV as her working through her grief and coming out the other side so she wouldn't really have that any more for Vision, Spoiler: especially after meeting White Vision. Now her kids, that's single-minded. Aaaaand we're back to the word clouds.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Dr. strange was messy, awkward pacing, sloppy keying on the effects. America Chavez is weirdly wholly underdeveloped. The whole movie feels like an act 2. And my god, as an X-Men fan my patience is at it's limit? Why do they keep doing this to me? Even that other non X-Men character. The casting really landed... But what are we supposed to make of that?

Love KaitlynOlsen and Sam Raimi's direction is refreshing. The movie manages to get weird and creepy at times, which I appreciated.

Weird coming to this hot off Moon Knight, which foot the most part really stuck the landing and surprised with it's depth. Even Eternals in retrospect was a bit refreshing compared to this, fun as it was.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

OK, this is the first time I've thought that the CG was outright bad. it's like the Avatar tech from 2009 but that's it - it's from 2009, they didn't update it other than to turn the blue green.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-17-2022 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The CGI definitely looks jarring, but I don't think it looks THAT bad. They definitely nailed her look, especially from the Sensational She-Hulk and solo series She-Hulk comics.

I adore Tatiana Maslany and she looks like she set into the role well. The trailer is awful though...

Also, that Echo series is officially in production, and I couldn't care less.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wow, this is one took a noosedive into Uncanny Valley. That scene at the end? What?! Jesus...

Meanhwile I also have no clue why they even bother with an Echo series. That character didn't grab me at all and I would rather have Kingpin show up somewhere else these days. Oh well...

Moon Knight didn't really catch me as well, eventhough I love Oscar Isaac and egypthian mythology. The execution was good and the acting great, but it just didn't click with me.

Maybe I'm getting tired of the MCU as it's quite a lot to take in these days... will be seeing Doctor Strange again this weekend, tough.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The CGI definitely looks jarring, but I don't think it looks THAT bad. They definitely nailed her look, especially from the Sensational She-Hulk and solo series She-Hulk comics.

I adore Tatiana Maslany and she looks like she set into the role well. The trailer is awful though...

Also, that Echo series is officially in production, and I couldn't care less.
    with that haircut I keep confusing her with Alia Shawkat. It takes me saying "she doesn't have as many freckles" to break that connection in my mind.

As for Echo, I 'echo' the thoughts that the character wasn't interesting enough for a show. I mean I'm probably going to watch it and the penultimate episode will probably make me weep with how it goes into the emotional meta of the character but other than that I don't see her showing up in anything other than maybe a potential Daredevil movie.

sidenote: A DD, Spidey, and Deadpool movie would rock some socks.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    with that haircut I keep confusing her with Alia Shawkat. It takes me saying "she doesn't have as many freckles" to break that connection in my mind.

As for Echo, I 'echo' the thoughts that the character wasn't interesting enough for a show. I mean I'm probably going to watch it and the penultimate episode will probably make me weep with how it goes into the emotional meta of the character but other than that I don't see her showing up in anything other than maybe a potential Daredevil movie.

sidenote: A DD, Spidey, and Deadpool movie would rock some socks.
    Alia Shawkwat! I can totally see that now.

The Echo character was the least interesting part of Hawkeye, but yes I'm assuming she will be a part of Daredevil in some sense, so maybe the character will shine a bit more, it was the way she was executed in Hawkeye that made me just not care all that much. Shame because the character is pretty awesome in the Daredevil comics.

Imagine all 3 of those on the screen together? Action and comedy gold!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

pretty much!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's finally picking up steam.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Full trailer for Thor including Christian Bale as Gorr.

Slight Lord Voldemort vibes but I'm hyped for this one now.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    His design is still a little underwhelming, but it seems he's being corrupted over the course of the movie so there are still hopes that he looks more menacing as the movie progresses. Cool trailer though!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the black and white parts are definitely a look, especially for how bright this Thor is now.

there's still one more character they need to show because they keep framing shots with huge empty spaces. I wonder who it is? side note: I'm not going to look it up.

Gorr looks alright, wish they could have kept at least some of the comic sensibilities but I guess CGI head things would be difficult. Hela was easier because it was static CG I think?