Page 122 of 136 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    As I'm reading early 80's X-Men, I just thought of a perfect way to introduce them into the MCU...

Have Rogue, as a villain, steal Ms. Marvel's powers.

Rogue, a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, attracts the attention of the X-Men.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    As I'm reading early 80's X-Men, I just thought of a perfect way to introduce them into the MCU....
    My wife heartily agrees with this as an introduction...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I honestly do not understand the hate for Thor 2. It looks great, it's fun, and we get the first batch of anti-hero Loki, along with the beginning of him and Thor's chemistry and banter. It does have its flaws, but I feel it doesn't deserve the universal hate it gets all the time.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Bana Hulk ftw

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ha! Would have been better with a mention of 16 post-credits scenes or something like that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes, yes it does.

Last edited by october_midnight; 01-17-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The trailer looked pretty good, I've only read the one book that Lemire did. It was alright? Kind of seemed like a mix of the Fraction/Aja Hawkeye and the Tom King Mister Miracle vis-à-vis the art and writing. Somewhat interested in this though a couple videos I've seen have said "hey you know who works with Moon Knight? Blade and Black Knight." and I don't think that's going to be a thing. It'd be nice to bring TV to the big screen but I don't think anyone's going to be excited about that film.

Last edited by allegate; 01-19-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Speaking of Moon Knight, tragically one of the stars passed away overnight due to a terrible skiing accident. Fuckssakes this is awful.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh man that sucks. and he collided with another skier and got a brain injury? how fast were they going? wow.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    oh man that sucks. and he collided with another skier and got a brain injury? how fast were they going? wow.
    It really doesn't take much speed, and any competent skier skis fast enough to cause serious injury or death in an accident. Especially if you're not wearing a helmet, which he wasn't. It's a dangerous sport by it's very nature, and there's zero reason to not wear a helmet while participating in it. Even expert skiers fuck up sometimes. And even if they don't, the people around you definitely do, which is a reason to wear a helmet in and of itself.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So as I've been assembling some new LEGO, I've watched the 5 X-Men movies (X-men, X2: X-Men Unlimited, X-Men United, X-Men: First Class, X-Men Days of Future Past - The Rogue Cut ... the other two don't exist in my world) and as that set of movies, I think it works fairly well with Days being a nice way to end things off. I'm still planning on watching The Wolverine and Logan as part of this mutant session.

With that being said, the MCU movies blow them out of the water in terms of character development and stories. But the VFX still generally holds up. Elliot Page and Jennifer Lawrence were the best actors in the series but it was nice to finally care about Wolverine by the end of 5 movies. Stewart and McKellen / McAvoy and Fassbender did very well in their roles too.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I notice you conspicuously left X-Men Origins: Wolverine off that list, especially as you mentioned the CGI.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I notice you conspicuously left X-Men Origins: Wolverine off that list, especially as you mentioned the CGI.
    *whistles innocently*

Like X-Men: Age Of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix, it doesn't exist in my world. I live in a happy place.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Doctor Strange speculation:
    Spoiler: The trailer had the usual Marvel logo but it was splintered so that it used the Marvel logo from the Fox films as well as the Sony ones so it's possible that there are more people coming to the film than speculated. I don't know if there's been any talk about that but it's an interesting possibility.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I've finished up The Wolverine and Logan.
    I had forgotten that the post-credits scene leads into Days of Future Past, so that gets integrated nicely into the previous 5... but Logan is trickier.

I think there should be another X-Men movie put before it to encourage us to care about it. Yes, it is a pretty good movie... by itself. But as an X-Men movie it leaves me wanting. Laura as angry, angry, ANGRY child was good.

Disappointed by the villians, they like... almost didn't matter. There wasn't enough menace. Didn't really care when the Professor, Caliban or Logan died (we should have cared, and maybe if there were a continuation from Days of Future Past that tied into further future, maybe we would have... but it was kinda like when Mystique died in Dark Phoenix, just like... *shrug*).

I'm going to give Logan Noir a bit of a viewing as well, just to check it out... maybe I'll change the language and put on subtitles).

In my headcanon, when Logan at the end of The Wolverine gets on the jet with Yukio, this is how Yukio ends up in Deadpool 2 at the X-Mansion.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-25-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Didn't really care when the Professor, Caliban or Logan died (we should have cared, and maybe if there were a continuation from Days of Future Past that tied into further future, maybe we would have... but it was kinda like when Mystique died in Dark Phoenix, just like... *shrug*).
    Seriously? Both Charles' and Logan's deaths have infinitely more weight to them than Mystique's from Dark Phoenix. There's no contest, no comparison, no doubt. Logan had career-best performances (at least for these characters/roles) from both Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman, whereas Jennifer Lawrence phoned in her final performance and couldn't fucking wait to get that blue paint off and leave the set and it really shows in the movie. </rant>

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Y'all, New Mutants exists and it's at the very least a super interesting movie and a very different super hero movie, if you're marathoning some Fox-Men, don't skip it. It's also interesting in the context of whatever Mr. Sinister showdown they were setting up. Surely, they had intended new mutants, Logan and maybe gifted to overlap much more than they eventually did.

All signs point to mutants showing up in the MCU in the very near future and I'm getting antsy

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Surely, they had intended new mutants, Logan and maybe gifted to overlap much more than they eventually did.
    Didn't like New Mutants, but it's more for the genre of movie it was than the movie itself (not really into that type of horror)... and I might just go re-watch The Gifted, because while the "we're the *good* [von] Struckers!" was tiring... but the rest of the show was pretty darn good. And I'll rewatch Legion.

Now Age of Apocalypse and New Mutants I can see tying together (very obvious Mr. Sinister) but I see that being a stretch to include Logan...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-26-2022 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Didn't like New Mutants, but it's more for the genre of movie it was than the movie itself (not really into that type of horror)... and I might just go re-watch The Gifted, because while the "we're the *good* [von] Struckers!" was tiring... but the rest of the show was pretty darn good. And I'll rewatch Legion.

Now Age of Apocalypse and New Mutants I can see tying together (very obvious Mr. Sinister) but I see that being a stretch to include Logan...
    New Mutants includes one of the facilities that X-23 comes from which in Logan is owned by the Essex corporation as well

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I agree; New Mutants looked somewhat promising, but it sucked. Stream it for free and watch it once, but it's not worth buying or repeat viewings.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I started Eternals on Monday night, and when I felt I was about 90 mins in, I was actually 45-50. From the Celestial Exposition part on, I watched it in 2x speed with subs. It still felt long. It's off the list now, though, so there's that. Visually stunning, but the script and a dull cast helped bring it down.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New Mutants was a slog, and a huge waste of time. Please, skip it.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-26-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So here I am re-watching The Gifted and I'm like... Dreamer looks really familiar, where else do I know that actor from... so I hit up IMDB and get startled. Oh wow! That was her! She was Julia in the live action Cowboy Bebop... but that wasn't where she was looking familiar from. Scroll down, scroll down... ah! She was in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as the Asgardian Lorelei.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, I just did a google search to see who you're talking about and this is the first article:

Why Julia From Netflix's Cowboy Bebop Looks So Familiar

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Evangeline Lilly is... I don’t even know what to say. I remember her bullshit stance about Covid-19 when it first started. But now I just don’t think at this point I can support anything she is involved in. Tone deaf, no self awareness or care for others. It’s clear she has only cared about herself since the beginning. I won’t be watching the next ant-man. Same goes for the next black panther. That other actress is insane too. I can’t believe after 2 years of this we still have people that think so narrowly about COVID in this world.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I...guess?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I...guess?
    Sony needs to calm the fuck down.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Started watching M.O.D.O.K. finally... much needed laughter.

"I declare that death 'No Turkey'."