Page 66 of 137 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I know this is going to sound outrageous, but I'm still pretty disappointed about the lack of continuity and connection between mcu shows and movies. Infinity War was ultra dense, but like a cutaway shot of like... Idk the Defenders backing up Iron Man in New York or something... Like that was a big selling point of those shows, it'd be cool if there was a pay off. Like have ghost Rider and agents of shield do something?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Always thought the TV shows should inhabit a different continuity personally. Daredevil and Jessica Jones' first seasons were so gritty and relatively grounded, it really felt jarring to have them occasionally reference aliens invading New York.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I know this is going to sound outrageous, but I'm still pretty disappointed about the lack of continuity and connection between mcu shows and movies. Infinity War was ultra dense, but like a cutaway shot of like... Idk the Defenders backing up Iron Man in New York or something... Like that was a big selling point of those shows, it'd be cool if there was a pay off. Like have ghost Rider and agents of shield do something?
    By far the biggest screw-up that Marvel has done with the shared universe. It's primarily b/c Perlmutter is a piece of shit:

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conte...rica-civil-war

At least Coulson will be in Captain Marvel.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    S.H.I.E.L.D. addressed the arrival of Thanos on Earth pretty specifically on this past Friday's episode:

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

t’s important to mention the way this episode addresses the events of Infinity War, because the show will presumably have some real troubles no matter where it goes from here. Talbot is told that Thanos is waging war on earth as we speak—that while we’re up in space, his forces are already on the ground. It’s what provides the pretext for Talbot to go power-mad and plan to burrow into the earth to find more gravitonium, an idea proposed by the Wormtongue-like Kree that sounds an awful lot like something that would trigger the earth breaking apart. So Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. is still doing its best to remain a part of the MCU on the same timeline as the films. But that means we’re faced with two possibilities. One, either next week or in the season finale, roughly half our team is going to vanish thanks to Thanos snapping his fingers and wiping out 50 percent of life; or two, no one vanishes, and the universe of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. makes a definitive break with mainstream MCU, much the same way the Netflix shows only tangentially acknowledge the happenings of the larger universe.
    It feels like a lose-lose proposition. Part of the fun of the series has been watching the way it integrates the happenings of the MCU into its narrative; on the other hand, abandoning that requirement would really free up the series from juggling franchise obligations. True, the Winter Soldier-based reveal near the end of season one was cool, but how much cooler would season one have been if the show wasn’t forced to tread bland water for its first 14 episodes? Whereas going the other direction—committing to Infinity War’s events, and obliterating a few of our heroes (it has to be at least a few to be plausible; I ran the numbers, and the odds of no one on the team dying through sheer chance is around 0.19 percent), means we lose a good chunk of the team for reasons completely incidental to the series. Plus, would that mean an entire (still worryingly hypothetical) season six without those cast members? Avengers 4doesn’t come out until May of next year, remember. So while I’m very curious to see how S.H.I.E.L.D. threads this needle, something tells me it’ll be at least partially frustrating.
    https://tv.avclub.com/agents-of-s-h-...-ad-1825757034

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Well.... in India.... a man saw the film and died.... http://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/man...ar-1201960468/

I honestly think it was too much for him to handle. Shitty way to go though. At least the guy who died during a screening of A Fish Called Wanda died happy as he laughed so hard, it killed him. This though.... wow.... I think there should be a warning for something like this.
    I can't see you so I don't know if you've tongue-in-cheek or not.

I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned that Hulk's reluctance and Banner trying to work with him might result in the gray Hulk. That would be an interesting storyline.

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/s...83085944578049

Joe & Anthony Russo tell me "Avengers: Forever" is the closest guess the Russo Brothers have seen for Avengers 4’s title.
    It had better not be 4ever,

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If it is, let the batman forever memes commence!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Nice direct right in the feels, man. All the feels!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

woah. And Universal has rights to Namor and Hulk, right?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think I'd rather see Disney get dangerously close to monopoly territory than have to deal with Comcast even more than I'm currently forced to. Fuck Comcast.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

woah. And Universal has rights to Namor and Hulk, right?
    I'm not sure about Namor (sounds legit), but they have the distribution rights for the Hulk, yes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Disney can print their own money, honestly. I think that acquisition will still happen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Disney can print their own money, honestly. I think that acquisition will still happen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Well that was short-lived.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    just as edgy?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Deadpool 2 is fucking great.

Justice has finally been served for what Ryan Reynolds was put through for Green Lantern. And then some...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Shit still cracks me up...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I said it during the PR for the first and i'll say it again for the 2nd, Ryan Reynolds and his PR team are on fucking point! Also helps Ryan really gets Deadpool and is clearly loving being Wade and putting his all into it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Misread that as "putting his balls into it", which also works.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Oh dang.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Oh dang.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Deadpool 2 was great! I love that they Spoiler: killed off the whole X-Force squad immediately. All those characters, except Pete and Vanisher, were awful, and I love that the marketing set up the joke even harder.

I thought juggernaut was pretty underutilized though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Deadpool 2 was fun and hilarious! Every bit as funny as the first. I've seen many people bitching that the movie isn't as good as the first, but I'd say it's pretty on par with its predecessor, overall.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    DP 2 was so much fun, and also made me cry. nice balance of tone all around, and i love how misleading some of the marketing was.

i think one of my favorite meta jokes was Spoiler: when deadpool referred to Cable as "Thanos"

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Infinity War comes out July 31. This is going to look great in 4k.