Page 68 of 137 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Watched Black Panther again. Love the movie overall, but man that CGI is absolutely terrible for most of the movie. This article sheds some light on why that is. It was eye opening to me:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/24/...er-vfx-models/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Watched Black Panther again. Love the movie overall, but man that CGI is absolutely terrible for most of the movie. This article sheds some light on why that is. It was eye opening to me:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/24/...er-vfx-models/
    Many VFX firms today are in a race to the bottom. They're trying to undercut rivals that might steal potential jobs and taking on an excessive amount of work, often without making a profit. Most of these firms also have to pitch their talents to Hollywood, which occasionally involves doing $20,000 to $80,000 worth of work up front for free. Sometimes they end up working on huge films at cost, in hopes that it'll lead to more lucrative (and less demanding) commercial work.
    jesus christ, that's depressing. my friend worked on VFX for Ant Man & The Wasp and it seems like she had a great time and was working with great people, so hopefully this article isn't always the case.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tom Holland revealed the title for the new Spider-Man: https://twitter.com/MCU_Tweets/statu...06471758323713

Spider-Man: Far from Home.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Anyone watch Luke Cage yet? Any good?

Super excited for Ant Man.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 06-25-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Any watch Luke Cage yet? Any good?

Super excited for Ant Man.
    I have two episodes left but unless it shits the bed at the end I like it much more than the front loaded first season.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently he wants to be in both universes.

Jared Leto to star in Spider-Man spinoff as Morbius.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Apparently he wants to be in both universes.

Jared Leto to star in Spider-Man spinoff as Morbius.
    Ugh.... no!!!!!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Can someone just stop Sony for a second and remind them how they almost ruined the Spiderman franchise by trying to rush into a Spidy cinematic universe so quickly! Venom already has some fans worried (i might be good, but we need to see it first!), but going all in on 3 additional films for characters of varying popularity BEFORE it's even out seems like a BIG gamble! We also don't know how much, if any, these will tie in with Marvel...and i'm guessing at this point they don't either!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I have two episodes left but unless it shits the bed at the end I like it much more than the front loaded first season.
    I’m enjoying it so far after three episodes. My main gripe would be that the scenes with the Jamaicans desperately need subtitles, at least for myself.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I enjoyed S2 of Luke Cage... I think it sets up nicely for a S3.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Season 2 of Luke Cage was alright

Spoiler: Once again though they just got rid of one great villain. At the very least, Bushmaster wasn’t killed which is at least a bonus. I still feel killing off Cottonmouth was the greatest misstep in this entire series so far.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Here's my full review of Ant-Man & the Wasp: http://thevoid99.blogspot.com/2018/0...-and-wasp.html

I enjoyed it. I didn't have high expectations for it other than be entertaining and funny. It was all that and more as it's also a family drama of sorts as it relates Hank Pym and Hope van Dyne trying to get Janet van Dyne back with Scott Lang's help. It has an excellent soundtrack that does great usage to the Partridge Family and Morrissey.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I thought it was the worst Marvel movie in a while, which was really sad. It had a lot of great pieces to it and all the good stuff is underutilized and all the bad stuff is over utilized. Lots of squandered creative opportunity, lots of dull characters and long stretches of dry information. It was poor both at building and resolving drama. I did enjoy some of the scenes but ultimately felt let down. At it's worst Ant Man and the Wasp have zero chemistry together and the movie really jams it down our throats. It lines up some neat parallels through out in parental and romantic relationships, but it never does anything interesting with those parallels. It doesn't have anything to say, most marvel movies don't, but then again most marvel movies don't feign that kind of insight.

It's stinger remarkably highlights that missing marvel connection from the Netflix series, actually. Would love to see a moment like that in those shows.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 07-09-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks World cup for pushing back the release of Antman and the Wasp to freaking AUGUST in the UK...also it's coming home...i think.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I shouted "HOLY SHIT" way too loudly in the theater at the end of the mid-credits scene.

Spoiler: Looking too much into it, Janet drops a line about avoiding a "time vortex" in the quantum realm, so I have a feeling that's going to play into the next Avengers flick.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Saw Ant man and the Wasp this weekend. I really enjoyed it. I liked that it wasn't as huge as Avengers Infinity War. I thought it was a worthy sequel myself.
    Nothing groundbreaking, but it was a good time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Saw Ant-Man and the Wasp today, I had a great time, although it was not as wellmade as some of the other Marvel movies. There were some really jarring cuts where scenes were obviously missing. The jokes were funny, the stunt at the school was brilliant, but I have to agree with @Wretchedest about the zero chemistry between the supposed love interests.
    Somehow the movie didn't really feel like And-Man and the Wasp, it was just Ant-Man 2.

That said, I'm happy I saw it, it was fun!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    does this go in here??

https://www.cbr.com/guardians-galaxy...al-easter-egg/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It might just be me, but i'm just not all that excited to see a Black Widow movie anymore. I kinda feel like her time, as part of the old guard in the MCU, is coming to an end. I'd much rather see a She-Hulk film or some other more powerful female heroes...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I feel the same. To me, she isn't that interesting as a character to really have her own movie. I feel like we have seen it before from other movies. As with She-Hulk, I think she should be introduced in a proper Hulk sequel( what the fuck marvel, where is it!!!!?).

I am not a huge Captain Marvel fan, and I am not into Larson as an actress, so my hype level for Captain Marvel is pretty low. But I guess I'm forced to watch it since it ties in with Avengers 4. And that's my problem with Marvel, I have to watch certain movies when I don't want to if I need to understand certain plot points. I'm glad DC is moving away from this universe building formula.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Even if this movie winds up tanking, we are definitely getting one sweet-looking Venom out of the deal. Couldn't be happier.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am really hoping that its not venom for 5 minutes through out the entire movie just for Hardy to have as much as facetime on screen.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I am really hoping that its not venom for 5 minutes through out the entire movie just for Hardy to have as much as facetime on screen.
    Those decisions always baffle me. I get why it happens, but here’s the thing I think gets ignored or forgotten when they’re putting the film together - even if (for example) Hardy’s screen time is 80% Venom/20% Hardy, if it’s done well, everyone will STILL walk away with the impression that Tom Hardy killed it. Look at Edge of Tomorrow. They had to alter the soldiers’ exo-suits so that faces, most importantly that of Tom Cruise, would be visible for most of the movie. If they’d just stuck to something closer to the original design, it may have made for a BETTER movie, and Tom Cruise would STILL get credit. But then they got around that anyway by having his character just remove the helmet altogether as the film went on.

Hiding faces doesn’t just make people forget that a given actor is playing a role. I suppose that, to an extent, it should - but that has more to do with immersion and suspension of disbelief than anything. Take Andy Serkis’ entire career as another example. For how little we actually see the man’s face in some of his roles, he’s managed to make a huge name for himself.

I’m still cautiously hopeful for this, but...the whole idea of just making 10 Spider-Man spin-offs without Spider-Man, alongside the MCU, just seems like SUCH a risky move. I hope they know what they’re doing. Otherwise, we’ll end up where Star Wars is right now: Announcing several spin-off films before the first one even hits the floor, and then suspending them altogether when the first film doesn’t hit the marks they hoped for.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

So you can put Hulkbuster and the Hulk in there but not Loki? Huh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, holy actual shit. After old tweets surfaced about him joking about pedophilia and rape...

James Gunn has officially been fired as director of Guardians of The Galaxy 3.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    They did the right thing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This is the result of a targeted revenge campaign by Mike Cernovich and Jack Posobiec since Gunn has been highly critical of Donald Trump on social media as of late. Timing is everything, and since Gunn has been putting himself on their radar, they descended and went in for the kill.

Everyone involved in this is awful.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yep. We truly live in the shittiest timeline.