Page 73 of 137 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Maybe this is how they could finally tell some stories about the Hulk without having to pay Universal for distribution?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

'Avengers: Endgame'?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Another possible theory. That silver combine thing in the left of the picture is also in Infinity War:

In a chapter called "Avengers Assemble".

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    If they call it Avengers Assemble, what will they call it in the UK?

(side note: man their posters have gotten a lot better)

Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Wait, was she in wearing her helmet with the mohawk?! I'M IN!
    Yup, that got me too. So awesome.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I see two giant A's in that picture.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well....

Not the best sign when the star is already distancing himself from a movie that hasn't even fuckin' opened yet...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I've grown more and more confident of this movie until now. Stripped off some dark humour is the worst news for me as I think they nailed to look of Venom and recent trailers at least seemed rather fun.

Only hope is that they plan on using the dark comedy aspects more with the next installements if it doesn't bomb and Hardy sticks to the contract of two more... hmmm.

I'll still be seeing it Wednesday.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Reminder (and I say this being massively kind of in love with Tom Hardy) - Why Tom Hardy Felt The Need To Apologize To Mad Max: Fury Road's Director

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That context seems really different though. In this case Hardy says his favorite parts are gone in the other case Hardy is saying that, while shooting he did understand the bigger picture... If venom goes down with same universal accolade of mad Max, that would be truly surprising. I don't think anyone is expecting much of this movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    From the premiere just now:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    hahaha yeah ok buddy! Listen to him sputter for like ten seconds initially.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The worst thing for me to happen could be that they show Carnage in the end or even a glimmer of Spiderman, somehow and it will be awesome as hell only for no sequel happening at all, because it bombs so hard. Damn.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    The worst thing for me to happen could be that they show Carnage in the end or even a glimmer of Spiderman, somehow and it will be awesome as hell only for no sequel happening at all, because it bombs so hard. Damn.
    Do you want me to post what was heavily rumored a few months ago, or no?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So that's the new release date...is there any new scenes?

Huh, I wonder what happened. Oh right, Avi Arad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Do you want me to post what was heavily rumored a few months ago, or no?
    Apparently it's not rumored anymore.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-02-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Initial reviews seem to agree it's a fun but flawed experience. About what I was expecting. Still hopeful. And looking forward to the inevitable R-Rated director's cut.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Venom currently sitting at 29% on RT.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Venom currently sitting at 29% on RT.
    Rotten tomatoes should never be an end all be all when it comes to making your mind up about going to see a movie, but I think we all saw this coming.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm seeing it tomorrow...my expectations are "i hope i enjoy this" right now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The consensus is, “ this is fucking stupid, but I’m enjoying it.”

I think people want it funny, even though it shouldn’t be. Its a Venom movie for crying out loud. Everyone just wants a marvel formulated movie.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The consensus is, “ this is fucking stupid, but I’m enjoying it.”

I think people want it funny, even though it shouldn’t be. Its a Venom movie for crying out loud. Everyone just wants a Deadpool formulated movie.
    Fixed that for you.

I keep seeing plenty of tv spots for Venom and many of them have a "funny" vibe to it. Especially this one:

I chuckle every time.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Fixed that for you.

I keep seeing plenty of tv spots for Venom and many of them have a "funny" vibe to it. Especially this one:

I chuckle every time.
    Touché

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Just got back and well, it not a good movie at all. BUT I LOVED IT!!!

Will post more later... but yeah, the post credit scene didn't play out as I expected, but it was amazing!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Spoiler: apparently spider Man is not in it

Not super surprising but I'm not sure why they were working so hard to hide that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So here we go.... Venom, hm?

I have to admit that I am by no means a comic book reader and a purist when it comes to the recent adaptions of comic books, yet I have known Spiderman and it's canon for almost 20 years through various tv-shows and of course the movies. So yes, I am a huge Venom-fan and very sensitive on getting him right which rarely happens. But what is getting it right anway but a matter of personal taste (e.g. Batman's Joker as one of the biggest examples...).

Overall the movie is a hot mess for sure and it starts with the most obvious point: no connection to the Spiderverse. While I do think that Venom can stand on its own there is just way too much information in your head that is missing from this film. If you can go into it with an open mind and not thinking about Spiderman at all, you have a great advantage.

But boiling it down to Venom as a character I think they nailed him. The look is 90% of what I wanted to see and I'm very much surprised how good the effects were apart from some minor scenes/cuts. I loved the gravity of his movement, while fast and agile you could really tell how massive he is. Same goes for Riot. Even their respective symbiote skills never seemed too much out of place and everything flowed nicely. Like I said, there are a few scenes that look a bit uncanny-valley, but they really paid the design of the character justice and the voice sealed the deal for me. That's the Venom I guess fans wanted to see.

So I'll start with the other things I like, followed by what I didn't:
    Spoiler: - the humour for me mostly worked, especially the back and forth between Eddie and Venom was mostly done well although this is a surprisingly goofy acting on part of Hardy. I guess many have to get used to that...
    - I liked the sound design alot, from the music to the voice, to how big it all sounded. Sadly there's no real soundtrack cue that gets stuck in your head, but it sounds good and sinister.
    - the overall CGI looked amazing and I liked the design and movements of the symbiotes in their pure form
    - liked how evil the whole experimenting with the aliens was and Ahmed does a pretty decent job although his motives are of course very predictable and color by the numbers
    - the pacing was okay with me, you could definitely feel how rushed some things were but overall the movie never gets boring and goes by rather fast

Things I didn't like:
    Spoiler: - the opportunity for a kick-ass Venom film was greatly missed. The whole body-horror aspect plays out nice in the beginning but it never crosses the line where it makes you feel uncomfortable. This could have been a real Cronenberg-experience but apart from a few glimpses they missed it.
    - there's basically no connection with Hardy and Williams which is odd as they are both proper actors easily capable in terms of good chemistry
    - having the setting be San Francisco is a lousy attempt to get this film as much away from Spiderman as possible. Together with some other things both characters are pretty much not to combine as is in future installements wihtouth retconning some things.
    - will I'm not over the fence about most of Deadpools humour alitte bit more violence combined with good oneliners would have made the connection between Eddie and Venom much more enjoyable. There are moments but far too few.
    - the climax of the movie of course is also by the numbers and plays out like every other superhero movie of the last 10 years or even further.
    - the trailers gave away pretty much everything and its all just an extended version in the movie...
    - the additional cast adds absolutely nothing and screentime would have been better dedicated to Venom or some dialogue between Eddy and the symbiote

Spoiler: Two wtf moments and the only spoilers:
    - She-Venom?! That was a seriously kickass design, but the scene felt akward and went nowhere. Still a huge surprise that they at least tried to get her in the movie.
    - Woody! Jesus Christ how mad did he look? His last line sent chills down my spine and although the movie left many things to be desired, I want that sequel! Now!

So yeah, overall it's not a good movie, yet I liked many things about it. And while it's making me mad that they gave away so many great opportunities I can't help myself but like it. I'd gave it a solid 7/10 as its on par with Solo for me. A brainless, fun ride with good action, some nice ideas, but also totally forgettable. Among the Marvel movies I think it' still way better than the first two Thor movies, the first Cap, Iron Man 2 and the Ant-Man films.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I posted my my movie thread so go there is you want the details...but i just saw Venom...and i did not enjoy it

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...a-Thread/page2

In other news...i'm really liking the new trailer for Spider-man Into the Spiderverse...please, PLEASE don't fuck this up Sony!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Captain, My Captain.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm gonna cry when they kill him in Avengers 4 SO HARD.