Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This looks awesome. Baby Groot!!!!!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    In related news, be careful where you tread on the internet re: Infinity War now. Full scenes & their descriptions have leaked, and they seem very credible.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Behind the scenes...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First trailer drops tomorrow.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Behind the scenes...

Maybe they'll get two of them to have a conversation with each other this time!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Scarlett is.... short.... wow.... I didn't expect that yet she's still Scar-Jo 3:16 in my heart.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    After Avengers 4, an ambitious multi-franchise crossover movie slated for release in 2019, at least some of the original characters who sit at the center of the billion-dollar Avengers team will be hanging up their capes and shields. That’s partially because the Marvel contracts with the actors who play them—Evans (Captain America), Ruffalo (Hulk), Downey (Iron Man), Johansson (Black Widow), Hemsworth (Thor), and Renner (Hawkeye)—are coming to an end. Meanwhile, DC Comics’ Wonder Woman, one of the top-grossing films of 2017, proved that Marvel doesn’t have a monopoly on beloved superhero icons.
    So you're going to name all the Marvel characters who have been in multiple good/great movies and then one DC flick.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So you're going to name all the Marvel characters who have been in multiple good/great movies and then one DC flick.
    Well, it IS the only WB/DC film that has been warmly received by both critics and audiences. I really liked Man of Steel, but I seem to be in the minority there. As for Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman, both performed below expectations and were ripped apart by critics and fans alike.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Behind the scenes...

a) Wow. Beauty overload.

b) girl on the far right is who played Mantis, correct?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    a) Wow. Beauty overload.

b) girl on the far right is who played Mantis, correct?
    Correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Infinity War trailer is finally here!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nodylnai View Post

Unlike some people in this board, I'm not a comic book fan enthusiast, I'm more of a casual fan of these comic book films (referring to the MCU and DCEU) and I can say that, without having seen Justice League (the trailers completely turned me off, I may see it, eventually), the two-minutes trailer for Infinity War looks A LOT more interesting than two hours of Justice League. And this is coming from someone who's had a bit of superhero movies fatigue. Bring Infinity War on, it looks amazing!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    This trailer hit spots I didn’t think t would hit. Holy shit I am on for this morherfucker.

Hopefully they nail thanos right and the Mcu could finally have its awesome villain.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My nerd boner is soooooo hard right now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, this movie looks fucking LIT. I can't wait! Hopefully the next five months go by fast! That new Spider-Man suit with the glowing eyes looks awesome. Having the Guardians fight alongside the Avengers is going to be amazing. Also, Spoiler: I'm surprised they showed Thor with his eye patch - an obvious spoiler for Thor: Ragnarok, which is still in theaters. I didn't see Hawkeye or Ant-Man in there though. Where are those dudes?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's only 2:30 of time, hard to show everyone. I'm more surprised they showed so much of Wakanda since the movie is a few months away yet.

As for Thor:

First official image.
    Spoiler: Even there you see the eye is in place because they didn't want to spoiler it from the film. That said, he's also turned away so his right eye is hidden.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In case you guys are wondering: we see two stones on the Gauntlet; they are purple and blue. The purple one is the Orb (Power stone) last seen on Xandar and the blue one is the Space stone, last seen in the Tesseract when Loki, that bloody mofo, hands it to Thanos.

Speaking of Infinity Stones: STAY AWAY FROM MY VISION, ASSHOLES!

Someone should also warn Strange that walking around with one around his neck is a bad idea.

Wanna bet Tony's crying because Spoiler: the one who dies is Cap?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Xandar is totally fucked. That's the first one he gets, it seems, and it probably isn't even difficult. Then, probably what we see in the mid-credits scene in Ragnarok - he's on his way to Earth, where a lot of the other ones are, or maybe (SPOILERS for leaked footage not in the trailer here) Spoiler: stops by the Collector's place to grab the Aether, which isn't there, but regardless, he comes across the Asgard ship and just decimates it, kicks Thor's ass, Hulk is shipped out somehow, and Loki, hopefully to either spare whoever's left or in defiance, either gives up the Tesseract or tries to use it to take out Thanos, which obviously doesn't work. Then, Earth gets invaded to get Vision's Mind Stone (RIP Vision), probably Strange's Time Stone at some point, and the Soul Stone, possibly in Wakanda? I figure that'll be revealed in Black Panther if so, as the final setup for Infinity War.

God, this trailer is amazing. Thanos looks incredible - I love the more casual look, and especially the explanation from the Russos that he doesn't wear armor because he just doesn't need it. That's badass. And the way he just knocks Tony the fuck out...the fight scenes in this movie are going to be great. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Speaking of Infinity Stones: STAY AWAY FROM MY VISION, ASSHOLES!

Wanna bet Tony's crying because Spoiler: the one who dies is Cap?
    I don't want to bum you out, but conventional wisdom is that Vision is almost certainly going to die. He is the easiest character to resurrect later, so makes sense that he will be one of the (hopefully many) casualties in the first part of Infinity War.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I agree that the trailer is fantastic, but I actually think Thanos looks awful. Maybe the CG will look better on screen, but he's not real-looking enough for me. You don't want your villain making me think of Steppenwolf or Doomsday...

That Spidey suit is the Iron Spider suit designed for him by Stark.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I agree that the trailer is fantastic, but I actually think Thanos looks awful. Maybe the CG will look better on screen, but he's not real-looking enough for me. You don't want your villain making me think of Steppenwolf or Doomsday...

I thought the cgi looked great, especially for a film that’s 5 months away. When he puts the gem in his gauntlet you can literally see hairs on his arm. In no way did he remind me of Doomsday or Steppenwolf. All in all they have time to make it even better and I loved that they barely showed the tip of the iceberg. Also loved the seriousness of the tone. Overall great trailer, loved the shot of Nomad Cap taking the army into battle.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Loved the trailer, and now let the theories BEGIN!

So Thanos has the purple stone already which which being held by the Nova Corps in Xander...so the Nova Corps we presume have been taken out (that's annoying, i would have liked to have seen more of them/had Nova Prime appear eventually)
    And looks like Loki is given thanos the blue stone in the trailer.
    Also, from the overall tone of the trailer, i think it's pretty much confirmed heroes are going to die.

Someone get this man a shield!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Lol I loved justice league and I can tell you that thanos looks a billion times better than steppenwolf.

That’s what it looks like when studio doesn’t force a movie out for monetary gains.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-infinity-war-vanity-fair/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Someone get this man a shield!
    And get this other man an arm!

Wait, what?

I guess Bucky gets his new arm from Wakanda; I don't think Tony's likes him enough to built him one...

And about those Infinity Stones: I've assumed that it was Loki-as-Odin who sent the Aether to the Collector. Loki has known for a long time that Thanos is after those stones and by sending one of them away, he's made it more difficult for Thanos to get them. Loki always has an end game and usually, it's to save his own skin. He knows that Thanos with a full Gauntlet means death for everyone. Maybe the Trickster God has a few more tricks up his sleeve.

It's a bit weird that Thanos has not retrieve that Aether from the Collector. Maybe he doesn't know where it is?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wow. Just...wow! Thanos looks friggin' incredible. Out of all of the mediocre villains we have been getting over the years, this looks the best. Lets not forget that Brolin went through a lot of work to get that practical look for his face. I really do not see that big a difference between the original look and this look besides the eyes and shade of his color. I didn't look at him and say "Woahh, they fucked this up." Did anyone think that maybe he still has his full armor but is choosing to not wear it? Regardless, if you're even slightly familiar with the story, you kind of know how this is all gonna pan out. Really hoping some unexpected hero's will swoop in for some extra help that will soon lead into the next phase of this universe.

Some things I noticed from the trailer and after watching a rewind trailer:

- Co-director Joe Russo explained at Comic-con that once he starts acquiring the stones... there is no need to wear the armor he had on in the past. This was the initial thought I got from this after everyone was whining about it.

- The planet in the beginning is not earth... The footage from D23 expo show that Starlord, Stark, and Spidey fight at a disclosed location. Also... when Stark is sitting there looking distraught, it reminded me of when Scarlet Witch sent Stark to the scene where The Avengers were pretty much destroyed.

-Interesting in the scene with Stark, Doctor Strange, Banner, and Strange's his assistant (Cannot remember his name) time is stopped all but for Stark... Thanos acquiring the time stone?

- Scarlet Witch and Vision totally bang and have kids at some point or another leading in New Avengers down the road.

- Don't forget that Loki has failed Thanos in the past so him buying his life with the Tesseract in Infinity War makes a lot of sense.

- Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glave!!!

This is all going to be a crazy conclusion to this phase, and this is how you do a universe justice after over 10 years of build-up. Ready for the ride!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-30-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Found it. Called the "Black Order". The wiki article is a pseudo-spoiler (like you don't know what's going to happen to the bad guys) so I'll leave those parts out:

Thanos' first version[edit]

• Black Dwarf - A member of the Black Order who has super-strength, enhanced density, and impenetrable skin. He is the brother of Corvus Glaive.
    • Corvus Glaive - Thanos' most favored general[10] who has enhanced strength, speed, durability, and endurance and uses a bladed pike which can cut through anything. When Corvus Glaive has the bladed pike in his hand, it makes him immortal.
    • Ebony Maw - A member of the Black Order who has genius-level intellect, specializes in persuasion. Utilizes a teleportation device and force field generator.
    • Proxima Midnight - A member of the Black Order and the wife of Corvus Glaive who is a master hand-to-hand combatant, has super-strength and is nigh impervious. Her lance transforms into unavoidable toxic light beams.
    • Supergiant - A member of the Black Order with telepathic abilities.

I wonder if Hulkbuster is brought out for the big guy there?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "Infinity Stones? Yeah I could go up to $1500."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nodylnai View Post

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Really hoping some unexpected hero's will swoop in for some extra help that will soon lead into the next phase of this universe.
    as I'm sure you already know, a certain character VERY integral to the Infinity saga was namedropped during the credits of GotG2. I'd expect an appearance in one of these Avengers movies.