Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76
Results 2,251 to 2,262 of 2262

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Avengers: Endgame - First Trailer

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I just dont like the movie version of Antman.

Edit: I also didnt watch the sequel to Antman, so I have no idea about the van. Another reason why I think universe building is a double edged sword, I didnt want to see this movie and now I couldnt catch what you just said nor know what it means. And if it werent for leaked pics from on set, I wouldnt know what "Antman" role was going to be in this movie.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp#Plot

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    OK tin hat theory time.

So we know (those of us that saw Antman and the Wasp) that Scott got stuck in the Quantum Realm. During the comics (i'm going to go spoiler here as this might be a spoiler) Spoiler: we know in order to defeat Thanos, Adam Warlock rose from the Soul gem (more or less, it's been awhile). Now Adam isn't in the MCU yet, so what if Scott was helped out of the QR by some of the souls that were wiped out and are stuck now in the Soul gem, in order to play the role of Adam and rally the troops for one last attack to get everyone back (whilst also adding his great charm and humour that he had in Civil War)

I think this makes the most sense, but i'm excited to see how this plays out. There are a great number of films i'm excited for next year. Do i think they'll all be great?...probably not, but i'd rather go into a film excited at what i might see then apprehensive at what i might not like...i should try and apply this to my daily life lol.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Totally unrelated to MCU stuff, but I just got back from a screening for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse and I had a fucking blast. Probably my favorite Spider-Man movie to date! Lots of fun and tears and style going on in that movie. Plus an absolutely genius post-credits scene.

And don’t let the CG/“cartoony-ness” of the movie throw you off. The older I get and the more I see, the more I realize that wall is a ridiculous barrier to have holding you back from consuming some great and heart-felt art. They even address that very “what’s the problem with cartoons?” question a little bit in the movie. Go! You’ll have a fun time. I felt more watching that film than I have some MCU films, without a doubt.

For the record: Into the Spider-verse dethrones Homecoming as my favorite Spider-Man film, for sure, but those two are right up at the top of the list.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-08-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-08-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Totally unrelated to MCU stuff, but I just got back from a screening for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse and I had a fucking blast. Probably my favorite Spider-Man movie to date! Lots of fun and tears and style going on in that movie. Plus an absolutely genius post-credits scene.

And don’t let the CG/“cartoony-ness” of the movie throw you off. The older I get and the more I see, the more I realize that wall is a ridiculous barrier to have holding you back from consuming some great and heart-felt art. They even address that very “what’s the problem with cartoons?” question a little bit in the movie. Go! You’ll have a fun time. I felt more watching that film than I have some MCU films, without a doubt.

For the record: Into the Spider-verse dethrones Homecoming as my favorite Spider-Man film, for sure, but those two are right up at the top of the list.
    100% agree! Saw it at the weekend and bloody loved it! It's defiantly the best spidey film so far! (i do adore good animation mind you, and this one has BAGS of good and original animation ideas!)

Honestly if your on the fence with this one go see it, it's a bloody good film, one of my Favorites of the year!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that mysterious was a villain. Iím not too deep in spidey knowledge, but is this comic accurate?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I don't want to discuss the Mysterio angle re: my (and many others) theory with this movie without potentially being a big spoiler if correct. I will say the way they're potentially going to use him seems to be really clever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved Venom. Am I alone in this one? It's 90 minutes of pure childish, unpretentious no-bullshit fun. Tom Hardy is cool. Venom is cool. Loved their "dialogue".

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I was under the impression that mysterious was a villain. I’m not too deep in spidey knowledge, but is this comic accurate?
    Without saying too much here, technically it is. But like Bobbie said above, potential spoilers.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    The Defenders can’t appear on TV or film for at least two years

"Recently, Netflix purged itself of three Marvel shows, canceling Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil all within a couple weeks of one-another. While Jessica Jones is likely living on borrowed time, it was widely assumed that Disney was shoring up these properties before the launch of its own streaming service next year, Disney+.

However, Variety reports that due to a clause in the contract between Disney and Netflix, the characters won’t be able to appear onscreen anywhere for at least two years after the cancellation, and that’s if Disney decides to do so, which it hasn’t yet.

When Netflix launched its initial quartet of Marvel shows there was a clause that stated they couldn’t appear in any non-Netflix related film or TV show for at least two years after cancellation. This would mean the earliest that the Man without Fear or the Heroes for Hire could show up would be in late 2020. Given that Jessica Jones is airing a third season in 2019, her character would be out of the running for the supergroup The Defenders until 2021. Again, that’s if Disney opts to bring these characters back into the fold. Whether or not they bring back the same actors is anyone’s guess at this point, though Daredevil’s Charlie Cox is hoping they do."

Source:
    https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...-on-tv-or-film
    Last edited by neorev; Yesterday at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Funny. That's about how long it takes to make a movie. Hmmm... (wishful thinking)