Page 75 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Have i missed something? Lots of people online think this is because Disney will be re-newing them on their own service, but Disney already confirmed a few months back it'll be family only stuff, not harder hitting or R rated marital will be on it! So if that's the case i find it hard to believe Disney paid Netflix any money to end them, sounds more like Netflix is just cutting their ties to a rival service...seems a bit OTT to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If it hasn't been said yet, my theory is that it's probably cheaper for Netflix to roll with content they created and/or own (i.e. the upcoming 'Millerverse' stuff like Jupiter's Legacy), than it would be to license others' content.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    UGH. Daredevil was shaping up to be one of my all time favorite shows.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Im not even going to bother with Punisher since it will get canned after this upcoming season, why bother investing in it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...sounds more like Netflix is just cutting their ties to a rival service.
    My thoughts exactly. I doubt Netflix is thrilled with the idea of producing content for a media giant that's positioning themselves to be a serious competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Im not even going to bother with Punisher since it will get canned after this upcoming season, why bother investing in it.
    Because season 2 could still be great and maybe they saw the writing on the wall and had time to give their series a conclusion that the others won't be lucky enough to have.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    These shows were killed first by being steered into the ground, by repeatedly ignoring problems about length and structure. This is a sad euthanization, unfortunately.

As said, this is true for pretty much all of them except Daredevil. Season 3 really hit it for me as well. Sad this show might not continue, and if it does on the Disney app, it might be neutered.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ... DISNEY WILL OWN HULU AND THEY CAN PUT ALL OF THESE SHOWS THERE FOR MATURE CONTENT...

I keep screaming this but by owning ABC and Fox's shares in Hulu, Disney will have majority ownership of Hulu and can put whatever the hell they want on there. This has been analyzed and discussed earlier.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All of the Netflix Marvel shows suffered feeling too long and dragging, even their best one Daredevil. They should have done shorter 8 episode seasons. But then again I don't think there was any saving Iron Fist since the main star they went with really sucked as Iron Fist.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Hmm this looks incredibly boring and pretty much like an origin-story by the numbers, although they try to sell it as something different in their comments. Not feeling Larson at all as Captain Marvel. The fight in space looks nice either way and maybe Jackson will have some decent screen time as well as some laughs by the looks of it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I... don't know. It looks good and I'll see it but I'm not as excited for it the way I am about Avengers 4.

Eh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Not interested. I’ll YouTube any important scenes that tie in with the next avengers movie.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Watched Ant-Man and the Wasp to fill my gaps and damn, I feel cheated. The movie added absolutely nothing to the lore imho and apart from a surprisingly entertaining Evangeline Lilly and a few uplifting moments this was just a waste of time for me... I liked it better than the first though but yeah, Captain Marvel and this one seem like really really boring step stones to get to Avengers 4.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Captain Marvel looks incredibly dull and unexciting. But I feel it will be immune to criticism.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I am excited for Captain Marvel. Hoping for a NIN song appearance in it. It probably won't be excellent, but it looks entertaining. Kind of like how Ant Man and it's sequel were. Fun and to the point with little rewatch value. Really wished the first female led Marvel movie was Black Widow.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm quite excited for all 3 MCU films next year

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    My hyped hit the floor by the time ant man showed up and just had to completely ruin the moment. Wish marvel would chill on the lame humor once and a while.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks cool. Didn't reveal too much. But did enough to keep my hyped up

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Another utterly boring trailer in my opinion only saved by Downey Jr. Yet I have high hopes for this. Infinity War was very entertaining so Endgame must hit it up a notch.

And I agree with the Ant Man opinion. Way to ruin the trailer opening it like this and closing off with such shit jokes. Who said Venom was bad?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Not a fan of the Ant-Man reveal. That gives away the fact that he gets out, big fucking spoiler right after showing his face next to Peter's.

It's funny how the title is Endgame after they specifically said that wasn't it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Another utterly boring trailer in my opinion only saved by Downey Jr. Yet I have high hopes for this. Infinity War was very entertaining so Endgame must hit it up a notch.

And I agree with the Ant Man opinion. Way to ruin the trailer opening it like this and closing off with such shit jokes. Who said Venom was bad?
    I disagree completely. If anything this trailer is refreshing, no giant CGI battles, no giant reveals for the common fan, and the ending joke really wasn't much of a joke. It was just showing us that Scott was not as up to date on what had just taken place, completely fits the character and the situation. It kind of hints at how Scott can help in terms of time travel or quantum leaping or whatever is gonna happen happens. This was a decent teaser and I think it would be amazing for Marvel to just not give any giant details away in any of these upcoming trailers. It definitely would make the experience of seeing it in a theater even more exciting.

I loved that it focused on Iron Man and Cap. One is done for sure.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I have to agree i quite like how this trailer doesn't give anything away, it's very bare bones but does keep us excited for what's going to be the turning point in current comic book movies. Hero's are going to die and have a big send off while the new class will be introduced. The restraint is impressive.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My hyped hit the floor by the time ant man showed up and just had to completely ruin the moment. Wish marvel would chill on the lame humor once and a while.
    ”You’re a real fucking bummer.”

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    ”You’re a real fucking bummer.”
    Lol don’t get me wrong, I’m still going to see it, but there are some high stakes here and plus I hate the ant man movies.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    First thing I noticed in the trailer was the glaring callback to the first Iron Man when Tony is in the cave constructing the heavy suit to escape; clever girl you are Marvel.

Trailer was ok. As much as I adore the Ant-Man movies, I have to agree the end of the trailer felt out of place. But let's be real... We all knew Scott was getting out of the Quantum realm, so don't understand the spoiler backlash.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Ronin~~I mean HAWKEYE!!!~~ I mean RONIN!!!

Cap is crying! Why is Cap crying? ( Bucky?)

And for those upset with the Ant-Man ending: Scott is hope (oh snap) when those who survive have none. You don't want Cap to cry again, do you?

Where's Rabbit and why isn't he out there looking for Tony?

Give me that movie right now, damn it!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Except that Scott drives up with the van with the quantum tunnel in it that he got trapped in during the post-credits scene in AMAW and will likely be how the Avengers work to undo what Thanos did. It's a huge plot device hint, so Paul Rudd being his disarmingly charming self is a moot point, IMO.

I thought the trailer was great and gives us a great glimpse at the world post-Snappening, and I'm excited that they moved this a little closer for another April release!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just dont like the movie version of Antman.

Edit: I also didnt watch the sequel to Antman, so I have no idea about the van. Another reason why I think universe building is a double edged sword, I didnt want to see this movie and now I couldnt catch what you just said nor know what it means. And if it werent for leaked pics from on set, I wouldnt know what "Antman" role was going to be in this movie.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 12-07-2018 at 01:23 PM.