Page 77 of 137 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I am really looking forward to the sequel as they have nailed the character IMHO, although it was put in some really strange decisions with the script. I would love to see Spiderman being introduced, but my main concern is that they have already ruined a good and logical narrative (as far as the current comic story-lines go) to make this work in a great way. Either way, looking forward to Harrellson playing his part and seeing some more Venom action scenes. I expect nothing but a fun stupid blockbuster that has some cool scenes in it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I expect nothing but a fun stupid blockbuster that has some cool scenes in it.
    I just wish it didn't have to be stupid. Why can't they take it a little more seriously? There's nothing wrong with being self aware of how silly certain aspects are (like Guardians of the Galaxy or Hawkeye's best line from Age of Ultron), but it would be nice if they could craft a smart and clever blockbuster. I don't like how a lot of blockbusters (Michael Bay's TransFormers movies and the Fast & Furious movies spring to mind) are playing down to us like we're all fucking idiots who only want to see explosions, scantily-clad women, and fart jokes.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Yeah, should have phrased that a little bit different. Of course it should be serious and emotional where its due but a little self-irony doesn't hurt. I also don't want this to be over the top silly but a really nice pitch black comedy with a little bit more Cronenberg would be just what I want to see with this franchise combined with great action pieces. I really dug the Riot/Venom fight, yet some people had their problems with it, but I really liked the aninmation there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Nice. So Fury is the new Tony...what happened to Tony i wonder...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Nice. So Fury is the new Tony...what happened to Tony i wonder...
    AREN'T THEY ALL DUST RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!

/sarcasim

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I really liked homecoming, but this trailer was meh for me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post

/sarcasim
    Haha!

Joking aside we finally get to see mysterio! Is he on Fury's side. It looks fun, but it won't be no Into the Spiderverse (it'll have to be VERY good to beat that).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The entire internet is freaking out saying there is no mention of anything in Endgame, and that Peter is all alone and therefore Tony is dead....Marvel has come this far to spoil and drop ball... Got it.

This looks so good.. Sign me up, on board. That Spidey score though!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The entire internet is freaking out saying there is no mention of anything in Endgame, and that Peter is all alone and therefore Tony is dead....Marvel has come this far to spoil and drop ball... Got it.

This looks so good.. Sign me up, on board. That Spidey score though!
    The internet is a hive-mind of stupidity sometimes* like Marvel were EVER going to spoil anything for Endgame.

*all the time

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I mean, this movie was announced a while ago and having a 150 second trailer for a Spider-Man movie with Spider-Man in it should not be shocking. They're being very coy about the timeline for this movie. Folks need to calm down.

Also, this is the true comic experience - BIG EVENT AND SHIT GOES DOWN AND PEOPLE ARE DEAD AND well we gotta solicit books for three months from now so, uh, here's Spidey in his next story after he maybe died but didn't because we need to print more money and HEY HE HAS A NEW SUIT WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THAT OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG AND AUNT MAY IS WHAT NOW?????????????????

Anyway.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I mean, this movie was announced a while ago and having a 150 second trailer for a Spider-Man movie with Spider-Man in it should not be shocking. They're being very coy about the timeline for this movie. Folks need to calm down.
    It's just very alarming that no one knows anything that has happened in this universe but the decimation. Regardless, I want more fucking Mysterio now! They got the fishbowl right, along with Sandman I believe too?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's just very alarming that no one knows anything that has happened in this universe but the decimation. Regardless, I want more fucking Mysterio now! They got the fishbowl right, along with Sandman I believe too?
    I'm digging his design! And its another villian we have seen nothing of outside the comics. I'm glad they aren't just going straight in with Doc Ock or Osborn/Green Goblin, while at the same time hinting at the lesser known members of the sinister six...which could lead to a great stand off movie down the line. Spidey has an excellent rouges gallery so i'm glad they're exploring that!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    SPECULATION:
    I might be reading WAAAAY too much into this trailer, but is there any chance that we're leading up to this moment with Sandman and Hydro-Man?! I remember this issue blowing my fuckin' mind when I was a kid, and the idea that we could see it on the big screen got me all excited!!!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I really liked homecoming, but this trailer was meh for me.
    Shocker.

This looks like Marvel going with an Indiana Jones meets The Mummy adventure theme and I’m all for it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

/sarcasim
    HAIL SARCASIM!

I love the trailer. I love Spider-Man. I love Tom Holland. I love everyone and everything in this trailer.

I'm the very definition of a happy camper right now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Shocker.

This looks like Marvel going with an Indiana Jones meets The Mummy adventure theme and I’m all for it.
    How is that shocking?
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 01-15-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm digging his design! And its another villian we have seen nothing of outside the comics. I'm glad they aren't just going straight in with Doc Ock or Osborn/Green Goblin, while at the same time hinting at the lesser known members of the sinister six...which could lead to a great stand off movie down the line. Spidey has an excellent rouges gallery so i'm glad they're exploring that!
    I read SO many Spidey comics, and own a decent amount so seeing Mysterio in this fashion is fucking amazing; never thought I would see these villains on this huge stage. Holland and Gyllenhaal you can tell have great chemistry already, but I can see all of the elementals being a ruse to trick everyone in Mysterio's end. I don't believe it will be that cut and paste, but I feel there will be something bigger going on besides the two at the end. Man, it is great to be a nerd right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy
    I might be reading WAAAAY too much into this trailer, but is there any chance that we're leading up to this moment with Sandman and Hydro-Man?! I remember this issue blowing my fuckin' mind when I was a kid, and the idea that we could see it on the big screen got me all excited!!!
    THIS! Made me break out my old comics, including this one! I would lose my shit if they had a callback in the movie for this!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    but I can see all of the elementals being a ruse to trick everyone in Mysterio's end.
    Tell the man what he's won Bob!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    A brand new second hand Washer Dryer* , Tumble away your worries with this comfort laundry service. A BMX bike from 1995**, show off your slick moves to your bros down the street. A cuddly TOY***. Or you can trade it all in for whats in the mystery box...

*Doesn't come with warranty and may explode if used for periods longer then 5mins
    **Wheels sold separately
    ***may just be 3 cushions taped together

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    you can trade it all in for whats in the mystery* box**...
    *Mysterio box
    **Leifeld pouches

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    How is that shocking?
    That was sarcasm. You are notoriously “meh” (a cop out word people use) with just about everything Marvel.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-16-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The Marvel Thread - Avengers: Endgame - First Trailer

That was sarcasm. You are notoriously “meh” (a cop out word people use) just about everything Marvel.
    That is an unfair judgement. I own a good portion of the movies and loved infinity war and and excited for endgame.

Captain marvel doesn’t interest me only for the fact that I have never read an issue. I’m going to go see far from home because it’s spider man.

It may seem that I favor dc a lot more because that’s what I grew up with, supefriends and the legendary superpowers show was my introduction to world of comic books as a kid.

Suicide squad is the worst current dc movie I think is total trash and , even though I loved it when it was in theaters, justice league started to be ‘ meh’ as well after a few home viewings.

Just because I feel marvel has released a few stinkers doesn’t meant I hate the MCU.

But I hope we both can agree, no matter the company, these movies will ever touch the awesomeness that comes from inside the pages of the source material.

Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 01-16-2019 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You like the DC movies more because they’re GRIMDARK and largely void of humor.

Oh, you have a Spider-Man mug. Great. You really showed me!

Marvel has put out very few “stinkers.” Maybe Thor 1 and 2 and Ant Man 2 aren’t the best. I still find lots of value in them.

The point is, if you are unable to separate and find joy in both the comics and the movies, that’s on you. We can always count on you to show up and be dismissive in this thread.

At least you’re not Volbanned and actively polluting this thread like the Star Wars thread. You’re better than that!
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-16-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    How is that shocking?

Not gonna lie though, I was waiting for you to come in and say "Eh, it looks okay."

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    You like the DC movies more because they’re GRIMDARK and largely void of humor.

Oh, you have a Spider-Man mug. Great. You really showed me!

Marvel has put out very few “stinkers.” Maybe Thor 1 and 2 and Ant Man 2 aren’t the best. I still find lots of value in them.

The point is, if you are unable to separate and find joy in both the comics and the movies, that’s on you. We can always count on you to show up and be dismissive in this thread.

At least you’re not Volbanned and actively polluting this like thread the Star Wars thread. You’re better than that!
    Superman 78 is my favorite dc movie.

Again, you are unfairly judging me. But whatever, I’ll leave it at that. I’ll be back in April ready to shed tears at the end of endgame with the rest of you.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Seems like you're just talking to yourself here? Moving on.....
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-16-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Seems like you're just talking to yourself here? Moving on.....
    I'm saying that I agree with you. Sandman and Hydro Man appear to be created by Mysterio in this. Most likely to throw everyone off to his true intentions.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm saying that I agree with you. Sandman and Hydro Man appear to be created by Mysterio in this. Most likely to throw everyone off to his true intentions.
    That's one hell of a way of showing it lulz. I wouldn't mind seeing the Elementals as their own instead, but they're obscure as fuck, and there are 4 all together... I'm hoping there is more meat to this and Endgame as well.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I thought they were fighting The Elementals? There was no mention of hydro man nor sandman. Unless thats what you guys are calling them.