Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Headphones and Amps and DACs... Oh My!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Received a balanced HD650 cable from Corpse Cable on eBay last night and finally gave it a listen...I can't believe how much better the HD6XX sound with this cable over single-ended. I recently upgraded my Schiit Vali 2 to a Jotenheim and am blown away by the additional detail and clarity this amp provides. The Modi Multibit continues to impress me so much. It's the best DAC I've ever heard and it's hard to believe the Gungnir Multibit (my next upgrade) is even more precise and detailed. NIN is especially wonderful to listen to with all of the little details and layers to discover. I can't believe how many new things I've heard since upgrading my audio game over the last year.
    Iím just getting into this and I totally agree. Great on any equipment but so much more is there the more clear it is.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I’m just getting into this and I totally agree. Great on any equipment but so much more is there the more clear it is.
    Nice! It really is incredible to hear (lossless) recordings you've listened to hundreds of times again after listening through a decent DAC, amp, and headphones. So many scoff at Hi-Fi and audiophiles as they crank Spotify or Apple Music and put on their Beats to impress people they don't know at the gym and on Instagram but I'd much rather re-experience a loved recording for the first time as close to how it was intended through quality equipment.

What's your setup?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    YES! I just won a Gungnir delta sigma on eBay for $580 shipped! It'd be about $890 shipped from Schiit's website so that's a nice savings AND it's fully upgradable so in a few months when I've got $500 saved up, I can ship it off to be upgraded for a grand total of $1080 spent plus whatever shipping to/from Schiit is, down from $1290 or so new.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    OMG this DAC is absolutely amazing. It blows the Modi Multbit out of the water and I thought the sound that DAC produced was incredible. There is even more data, better separation of instruments, and such a massive increase in bass impact. "Somewhat Damaged" sounds so sinister. This is giving me fully body goosebumps and keeps making me tear up from how incredible it sounds. I fucking love this hobby so much.