Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MOTP - trent's high pitched scream - where?

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    And that level would be 0.
    No offense, but how often do you play live shows?
    I find one (JUST ONE) long island REALLY loosens me up onstage.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    No offense, but how often do you play live shows?
    I find one (JUST ONE) long island REALLY loosens me up onstage.
    If you need a drink to play live, you have a problem #intervention

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    If you need a drink to play live, you have a problem #intervention
    when you use hashtags outside of Twitter you have a problem #hypocrite

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've played plenty of shows in varying venues in chicago, and i've never had a drink beforehand. i've actually never even tried to play music at all after drinking. i can't imagine that i would actually perform better.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I love Trent's squeal in Burn. LOVE IT!

I just wanted to say it... that's all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A drink or two will loosen you up a bit and make you less nervous (if you're at all).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I generally have a vodka and coke before doing anything on stage. It's just enough to get rid of the nerves.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    when I was in a band I would always be drinking on stage. But that was mostly because we'd be in pubs and clubs and that's where I drink, not a nerves thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Don't get me started on having to drink to enjoy playing live, jeez.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    it's just i kinda get stagefright. yeah, i'll admit, maybe i'm a pussy...and i also probably DO need an @intervention or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

But i swear to god i sing and play better after one drink.

And just so you know, sheepdean, i DO have a problem...with alcohol...and opiates...and benzos....and it's been a CONSTANT fucking struggle. That's a big part of why i love NIN so much. My favorite song is, why, the one this forum is named for. and think about THOSE fucking lyrics.

i'm getting better though. i used to drink a liter of vodka a day AND shoot heroin mixed with coke anytime i could get my hands on it, and it's a fucking miracle that i'm alive. i'm MOSTLY sober these days.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-09-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    is there really such a strict moral compass around here that looks down upon someone confessing to having ONE drink before shows? what kind of lame kneejerk intolerance is that? have any of you passing judgement ever played on stage before? stage fright/nerves/introverted behavior can affect even the best musicians and yeah, sometimes a drink helps loosen up. maybe it's the accepted pub culture thing explained above. maybe they just enjoy it. either way, it's no great sin for someone to have A drink to ease into a performance so get off yr high horse.

i have no hard statistics for this, but in my experience with both bands both small and large- the ratio of musicians performing under the influence is higher than you realize. most just know their limits and don't overdo it like the video in question.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    it's just i kinda get stagefright. yeah, i'll admit, maybe i'm a pussy...and i also probably DO need an @intervention or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

But i swear to god i sing and play better after one drink.

And just so you know, sheepdean, i DO have a problem...with alcohol...and opiates...and benzos....and it's been a CONSTANT fucking struggle. That's a big part of why i love NIN so much. My favorite song is, why, the one this forum is named for. and think about THOSE fucking lyrics.

i'm getting better though. i used to drink a liter of vodka a day AND shoot heroin mixed with coke anytime i could get my hands on it, and it's a fucking miracle that i'm alive. i'm MOSTLY sober these days.
    Dude...whatever gets you on stage and doing what you love is cool. You're not a pussy

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Thank you Frankie, and thank you Gibbon Black. I, too, was pretty damned shocked at the backlash about me mentioning having ONE drink.

In my day, NIN fans didn't share the same attitudes about drugs and alcohol as Baptists. But i guess at 33, i'm the old guy now.

Those of you passing so much judgement...have you ever listened to a Nine Inch Nails record?
    Check out some of the lyrics if you ever get a chance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickL View Post
    it was the one Fist Fuck linked. thanks, i couldn't find it.
    /thread. What sheepdean said is also true. Things like this should go in Random NIN Questions.