Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Australia has a pretty decent special for pre-orders at JB HIFI, $59 AUD. I paid $99 for the digital copy though as I'm much too eager to lose myself in this game.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I paid $70.10 for both Fallout 4 and the season pass at Greenman Gaming.
    I only hope I get my keys in time for pre-loading.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tuesday needs to get here.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    We're almost there. They told me there would most definitely be a midnight launch. Crossing my fingers for an 11 launch. They've been doing that lately.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The IGN Review indicated that the power armor was something that you store and can fast travel to get and return. It stated that you use no fuel when fast traveling but expend it when you don't. I'm not sure I like this feature much as I preferred non-fast travel play (as with Skyrim) since I think you miss a lot as a player by fast traveling everywhere. If someone starts playing it this week can this get confirmed/clarified? Thanks!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been playing most of the afternoon by tricking Steam into thinking I'm Australian. So far, it's lovely, but I'm upset that Bethesda still has no idea how to do a UI for the folks using PCs.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just picked it up and my PS4 is screwing up and spitting the disc out as soon as I put it in. This is frustrating...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, my life is over. Haven't done too much. I can see people losing hours on upgrading their settlements. I have..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    oh god the settlement building. I think my Harvest Moon/Sim City itch is being tickled...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    oh god the settlement building. I think my Harvest Moon/Sim City itch is being tickled...
    Yeah, I've wasted who knows how much time with it. Way more than anything else so far.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Loving this shit big time. The gunplay is pretty tight for this series, a real first. I enjoy it immensely.

I've only done three quests and hit level 5...wasted close to 3 hours now haha. Wow.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Not really crazy about this series, and 4 isnt changing anything. The fanboyism is really thick with this one I think, and any time i criticize the game i get piled on, dare i blaspheme the holy game.

There are surprising number of things graphically and systemically that feel sort of last gen... The save system, the law system... I accidently stole a cup right as the game auto save, locking that save into a death match and ne and the entire city. This has been a problem since at least oblivion... So im surprised its still possi le for that to happen, and for that to be the consequence.

I like the gunplay, the loot system, but i havent found any characters that i can latch on to, and environments are kind of drab and redundant.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Did the Fort Hagen "Reunions" quest. I got the Fatman in the armory. Poor Kellogg didn't know what hit him. Fucking hilarious in V.A.T.S. mode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I need adhesives!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Can you transfer supplied from one town to the next or is it exclusively in that town? I could carry everything manually but that would take forever.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Can you transfer supplied from one town to the next or is it exclusively in that town? I could carry everything manually but that would take forever.
    Yeah, you need to set up a trader station in each place, assign a worker to it and you'll have the junk available in both locations, but if I recall correctly you need to first unlock the perk 'Local Leader'.

edit: Shit, forgot....big thing to do early on is rock a Scavenging Station as well...assign someone to it and over time it actually just keeps a steady flow of junk rolling in non stop. Super useful.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 11-16-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Got this for Xmas, have no idea what I'm doing but it's cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First DLC apparently dropping very soon according to the official Twitter:

@BethesdaStudios We know you’re ready to learn what’s coming for Fallout 4 DLC. We’re not far off, and we think you’ll be excited.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Bethesda has revealed their DLC plans.

Personally I think it sounds fantastic, but I assume raising the price of the season pass on March 1 will still serve to piss some people off.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Bethesda has revealed their DLC plans.

Personally I think it sounds fantastic, but I assume raising the price of the season pass on March 1 will still serve to piss some people off.
    Either way you will have to pay. The logical thing if you are a Fallout fan is try and get the season pass before March 1st. They could have been assholes and jacked the prices up even if you payed for the 29.99 easily. At least they didn't boost it up to 49.99 automatically either. I'm excited for the DLC though. Building your own robot and a potential Deathclaw companion or Borderline one has me excited. I can't wait to see how deep the console modding is as well. Hopefully they transfer most of it over from PC. I know upscaling the graphics isn't probably going to happen. Either way it'll be my first time modding so yee.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I beat the DLC already. It's really fun! New armor and weapons. I've already created 6 robots and Codsworth is basically a sentry bot. The robot workbench is cool too. It's a lot more deep then I thought it would be. Now on top of making supply lines, I'm sort of obsessed with making Robot companions. You can add bones to them too. Like a skull, as part of their armor. It's creepy. Also basically any weapon in the game you can mod onto them for defensive purposes. Searing Shuskebab and a lighting gun on the other. Also some of the armor is similar to Power Armor mods. Example: Telsa Coils, targeting huds and so on. Is it worth the 9.99, if you don't have the season pass? Well if you like robots, yes. If you like to mod and create, yes. If you want new armor and weapons and such yes. Pretty much all pros on my end.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I also am enjoying it. The side quest structure of it is fun and a nice change of pace. I dig it thus far (not done with it).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Playing the revamped survival mode is like playing a whole new game. If you ever wondered what it would be like to play in a post-apocalyptic world then play this mode. I can't wait for Far Harbour either. My level 151 character is going to rampage through it all. Apparently Far Harbour has at least 20 locations to discover. Thanks to the achievements being revealed. New weapons, Armor and enemies. Hopefully the DLC after will be expansive too. Also mods this month for Xbox one then PS4 in June. I want to run around with a lightsaber and mow people down. I believe they said if you enable mods, achievements will then be disabled. Oh well. LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The DLC looks crazy good and has a hugely creepy vibe. Love it!

May 19th release date.

I still haven't beaten the main game yet....
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-08-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I haven't finished the main game either. far from it... Left off at the freedom trail part aka got lost.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I haven't finished the main game either. far from it... Left off at the freedom trail part aka got lost.
    I didn't since I had to step back and reevaluate how to play as the game has branching storylines with the factions that mess up certain areas of the game if not done properly. I love the game but have no desire for a 2nd play through if I mess up somewhere. I'm pretty far into the game. Definitely 3/4ths overall.