Thread: Fallout

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I just started Fallout 3 a few hours ago. I've never played any of the games before, so getting ahold of the reigns is a bit strange. It seems pretty fun so far though. The only problem I have is that there seems to be way too much stuff for me to accomplish, but I guess that's a good thing. Any tips for total noobs? I just barely got into Megaton, for reference.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The first time I played through Fallout 3, it felt awkward and a little bit difficult. When I restarted after having played for a while, I was practically invincible because I was so much better at the stuff I hadn't figured out the first time through.
    I got into the game the exact same way! Really didn't like it at first. Came back to it out of boredom and completely fell in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I just started Fallout 3 a few hours ago. I've never played any of the games before, so getting ahold of the reigns is a bit strange. It seems pretty fun so far though. The only problem I have is that there seems to be way too much stuff for me to accomplish, but I guess that's a good thing. Any tips for total noobs? I just barely got into Megaton, for reference.
    Level up your weapons frequently, level up skills, have fun in collecting everything (picking locks, checking mailboxes, etc.) get immersed in the game. I'm usually the type to just run through a game as fast as I can. This game takes a bit more patience. Enjoy your surroundings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Stay away from the heart of DC until your comfortable with the game and have leveled up quite a bit. Get to know the area by doing a few side quests, then work on the main. If you have the GOTY version, beware of Feral ghoul reavers they can sometimes become invincible. I had one wreck havoc at Tenpenny Tower. Save often!!! Besides that enjoy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Save every Quantum Nuka Cola you find! You'll need them later for a quest with an achievement attached to it. I guzzled them like a greedy guzzler and now I don't think I can get that damn cheevo!

Also, build a stockpile of weapons in your home to use as spare parts to repair weapons of the same type. You'll save lots of money that way. It follows that you should max out your repair skill as quickly as you can.