Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just Bought Brotherhood, please pm me if you wanna team up! I got it mainly because at the time I believe it is the best Multiplayer AC, so yeah, let me know.

I go by Coyote on steam, the one with the Coyote looking Left <-

Always up for some Multi.

Currently working on some GTA modding Projects, damn games won't let me save though, think I need a patcdh or something, and GTA5 doesn't work at all. hmmm.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so a few weeks ago I picked up III + Liberation remastered on Switch as well as Black Flag/Rogue remeastered on Switch.

I hadn't played a AC game since the first one when it came out and only got maybe halfway through it before I sold the PS3. But I really loved it.

Started ACIII and I'm in freaking LOVE with it. I do enjoy Revolution-era history so being able to "be a part" of it is awesome. But I'm totally hooked into the AC universe now. I even got the art books for 3 & 4, the essential guide, visual history book, and even the first 7 novels (all 7 for $20, great deal) . I had to stop myself from buying a PS4 so I can play the newer titles, as they look amazing. I'm going to take my time with 3 & 4.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    so a few weeks ago I picked up III + Liberation remastered on Switch as well as Black Flag/Rogue remeastered on Switch.

I hadn't played a AC game since the first one when it came out and only got maybe halfway through it before I sold the PS3. But I really loved it.

Started ACIII and I'm in freaking LOVE with it. I do enjoy Revolution-era history so being able to "be a part" of it is awesome. But I'm totally hooked into the AC universe now. I even got the art books for 3 & 4, the essential guide, visual history book, and even the first 7 novels (all 7 for $20, great deal) . I had to stop myself from buying a PS4 so I can play the newer titles, as they look amazing. I'm going to take my time with 3 & 4.
    Black Flag is my favorite title in the series. So wonderfully unique and even though he's not a true assassin, Edward Kenway was one of the most interesting characters in the series to me. Freedom cry was good too.

Not sure if Rogue is on Switch but I recommend that. It is similar to Black Flag but only released on PS3 and Xbox 360 as older platform support at the same time window. It just recently got an HD Remaster. You play Shay Cormac and he's an Assassin turned Templar. It's a fun reverse.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Yeah, Rogue is bundled with Black Flag. I can't wait to get to that because I hear there's a lot of hype with the pirate theme/riding ships.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ubisoft is hosting a livestream right now with digital artist BossLogic at their official periscope channel while he works on the first art for the next AC game. Setting appears to be a sort of Viking/Nordic/Slavic vibe...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    watching now. can't wait! beat 3 remastered, dabbled with liberation but just started 2. loving it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I dig the supposed title: ​Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my gf threw out an interesting concept for a future AC game: Zulu warriors.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    looks insane

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First gameplay (along with other Series X gameplay) next Thursday.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'd love to get back into this series but will only do so if there is at least an option to drop gear score or the loot component which put me off of the last 2. Black Flag through Syndicate was great, though

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I'm double posting, which I hate, but!

I picked up Origins and Oddyssey, syndicate, unity, rogue and black Flag in a sale the total of which was something like 60 or 70 bucks, so... Pretty sweet deal.

When origins came out I picked it up for an hour, saw gear score and damage numbers, and turned it off.

Which is maybe the worst call I've made in a lifetime of gaming. I turned off the damage numbers, and I'm finding this to be the best of the series, so far. The graphics are insane, it's crazy to juxtapose it with Unity, just three years earlier. Bayek is a more believable and interest character than this series had allowed before. I also usually dislike Egyptian themed settings, but I find myself enjoying it here. It is a long game. I'm told Oddyssey is supposed to be better in just about every way, so I'm pretty excited to get to that, as well.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    can't wait to play those games, I have to pick up Odyssey still but I have all the other releases on PS4. I'm taking my time with the series, working on the Ezio Collection now. on AC 2 and it's a great game so far. but, I can tell it feels "dated" , both graphically and gameplay wise considering it's a PS3 game. doesn't make it a lesser game, but it's interesting to see how the series evolves.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm on to Assassin's Creed Oddyssey, now, which I had heard was better than Origins, but is actually much worse. Especially graphically. The story too. This is the first game I played where enemy health bars are the primary means of padding a game, and it is just... Tedious.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I'm on to Assassin's Creed Oddyssey, now, which I had heard was better than Origins, but is actually much worse. Especially graphically. The story too. This is the first game I played where enemy health bars are the primary means of padding a game, and it is just... Tedious.
    Love the setting and feel of the game but they made it a slog so you are encouraged to buy endless microtransactions. I didn't get very far, I keep playing it randomly but even on easy enemy mobs higher than your level are stupidly hard and will mow you down within seconds.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Love the setting and feel of the game but they made it a slog so you are encouraged to buy endless microtransactions. I didn't get very far, I keep playing it randomly but even on easy enemy mobs higher than your level are stupidly hard and will mow you down within seconds.
    Even overleveled on easy I may as well be fighting enemies off with balloons. It alleviated a little bit when hit the core game level cap an upgraded my best stuff, but level scaling in this game means that soon enemies are going to overlevel that stuff and I have to spend a ton of resources again.

And I actually think the setting is kind of boring. If you've been to the first island in the game, you've seen the whole game. It's just a lot of copy paste. But not even just in the map. Kassandra has killed 4 of her own lovers as the plot demands. I don't even know how many times someone's "messenger hasnt returned... It's really not like them. Will you check on them?"

Dialogue options are usually: demands for more bland exposition, and polite and mean variety of yes. Sometimes missions give you an accept/reject prompt twice, for some reason.

Also NPCs in this game just love to run right into a fight you're having and get killed or then cry for the test of the village come after you.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 05-31-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Definitely does have waaaay more of a Witcher feel than an AC one in my opinion. Not saying that negatively, just a thought.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    AC: Valhalla officially moved forward to Nov 10 to release on the same day as the Xbox Series X/S.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Video
    I'm down. Could be awesome. Could also be terrible, but I love AC so I'll be optimistic.

Can't wait for Valhalla.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The movie was one of the better game adaptations and the AC lore is huge and makes for alot of opportunities. I'm interested!

As for Valhalla I really need a new PC and dive back into AC... It's funny that I never played any of the games beyond Unity given the fact that Victorian England, Egypt and Greek Mythology are way more interesting to me than what AC gave me in the past.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wasn't gonna buy Valhalla day one but being a huge fan of norse mythology, vikings and needing a game to play for the next month I'll split the cost 50/50 with game share with my friend on Xbox. Looking good so far.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    After all this time this series still feels like clunky garbage to play. Unvelievable

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ^ That's unfortunate to hear; though I've heard that a lot about AC games in general and I've never really had too many issues with the controls. I've liked them all...even "Unity".

(I'm a history nerd, so they're just my jam.)

I've been waiting for two months to play the game (full time student/employee), but finals are over today and I'm so excited to dive into 'Valhalla'. I've been watching a lot of 'Vikings' lately and I've always loved Norse stuff, so this is right up my alley.

I've also read that the game is a little bit of a return-to-form in terms of use of stealth and assassinations, which I'm excited about

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    ^ That's unfortunate to hear; though I've heard that a lot about AC games in general and I've never really had too many issues with the controls. I've liked them all...even "Unity".

(I'm a history nerd, so they're just my jam.)

I've been waiting for two months to play the game (full time student/employee), but finals are over today and I'm so excited to dive into 'Valhalla'. I've been watching a lot of 'Vikings' lately and I've always loved Norse stuff, so this is right up my alley.

I've also read that the game is a little bit of a return-to-form in terms of use of stealth and assassinations, which I'm excited about
    It plays better than a lot of the other games in the series. Not sure what he's comparing it to.

As for the game itself I have 62 hours into it and have done most things mission wise except the Jotunheim/Asgard quests and killing every Order of the Ancients member. I'm gonna chip away at it randomly.

It's the best game since IV: Black Flag, though Origins was really good also.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bought this from Best Buy yesterday cause it was $15 off and I had $15 in rewards certificates, of course today they dropped the price by another 10 bucks. Figures. Anyway, I'm really excited to start playing this, should get me through the worst of winter isolation. I loved Origins and Odyssey.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I’m 15-20 hours into it so far and I’m loving it. The combat and climbing controls feel fine to me, and I like that the missions give you the option to find a stealthy route or go in axes-blazing. Even though I’m a Viking I feel like I’ve done more assassin-y things in this one than I did in Odyssey (which I still enjoyed.) Eivor is a cool character.