Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really don't get people's problem with season passes. It just gives you all/most of the DLC for a cheaper price than buying them all separately, don't really see what there is to bitch about. I did it with L.A. Noire and it was awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I really don't get people's problem with season passes. It just gives you all/most of the DLC for a cheaper price than buying them all separately, don't really see what there is to bitch about. I did it with L.A. Noire and it was awesome.
    I noticed some people are upset because with these Season Passes because devs seem that they're more worried about DLC after the game than the game launch itself. Not to mention with the tacking on of season passes a brand new game these days is like anywhere from $90.00 to $100.00 anymore.

I don't have any problem with season passes as I've bought a few: L.A. Noire, Gears of War 3, Borderlands 2 and a few others. But sometimes its cheaper for me in the long run to buy them when they come out separately instead of paying one lump sum for something I'm not gonna get for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't get it. You're essentially buying everything DLC-related in bulk for a fraction cheaper. Sometimes its cool. But sometimes its necessary. Undecided about this one (don't really care about multiplayer). But for some games, its easily a deal.
    I'm passing on this season pass and game. AC always drops in price and so does its DLC. I like the multiplayer but not really feeling DLC and buying it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Quoted for truth. People will srsly bitch about literally anything, and I mean anything. You're a fan of the game? You know before it's out that you'll probably want the DLC? You wanna save some money? Why not.

You're not a fan, then wait for a GOTY edition or whatever. Developers are stressing DLC as much as the game because of the public, not the other way around. It's 2012, and video game nerds are among the most fickle of any type of media. Imagine if Borderlands 2 came out or ME3 and there WASN'T any DLC. People would just piss and moan about that.

Sometimes it just boils down to there being actual important things to whine about in life. I remember being 17 and buying an N64 and literally just enjoying a video game. Not talking trash while playing CoD. Not pissing at developers because they took too long to release DLC. Just buying a video game and fuckin' enjoying it. I'm old.

/rant