Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

I. LOVE. THESE. GAMES.

I'm so confused about the story, but the games have been lots of fun. Nothing beats using Da Vinci's flying machine and swooping down on someone to stab them in the neck with a hidden blade. Love it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Whoa, totally missed this thread. What's got ya confused about the story, might I ask? It can get kinda mixed up. I don't know the entire thing either.

On a nerdy note, I just got my copy of the white edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. This thing is sliiiick. The White Edition came with 8 little 12x7 ish size prints of artwork showing Assassins from a variety of eras and different AC universes from different artists. Really cool stuff for a fanboy like me. :P Tons of artwork, and there's even a section on hidden blades that shows a modernized version called the "shock blade."

Also, I think I'm gonna take advantage of my free time during spring semester to get into playing the AC multiplayer for the first time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Great fun series - though I didn't like Revelations as much as Brotherhood. The Assassin's Tombs/Romulus Lairs/Masayaf Key Dungeons are my favourite parts of the games, especially the ones based around really intricate, massive scale climbing sections. Nothing like climbing around the roof of a huge cathedral and looking down at the floor to get the pulse racing. Hell, I'd play an entire game based around those levels alone without any combat/assassination-centric missions (which I do still enjoy, BTW).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I kinda liked Revelations a little more than Brotherhood. Both are good, but for different reasons. Maybe it's because I can relate in some way, that I think it's better. I dunno. But the ending and everything with the first civilization was fucking great! Makes me wonder though. There's obviously going to be a AC3 (probably next year), but do any of you think that it may just be Desmond, or we'll actually get another ancestor?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I kinda liked Revelations a little more than Brotherhood. Both are good, but for different reasons. Maybe it's because I can relate in some way, that I think it's better. I dunno. But the ending and everything with the first civilization was fucking great! Makes me wonder though. There's obviously going to be a AC3 (probably next year), but do any of you think that it may just be Desmond, or we'll actually get another ancestor?
    Revelations > Brotherhood

I still haven't beat either game, sadly. revelations is way better though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, they said a "major" Assassin's Creed title is coming out next year, probably 3, because they've already come out and said that the next game will be the last game revolving around Desmond.

So really, I think it's entirely possible that we could have an Assassin's Creed game played mostly in modern times on the way. but then there's also a rumor going around that our next playable ancestor will be in Egypt. But who knows how accurate those rumors are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel hyped reading that you like the new game over Brotherhood. I loved every damn minute of Brotherhood!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ive been contemplating giving this series a second chance after the disaster that was the first.... where should i start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Assassin's Creed 2. I completely skipped the first and still know what's going on. From AC2 on it's fucking great.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ive been contemplating giving this series a second chance after the disaster that was the first.... where should i start?
    Assassin's Creed II. Guaranteed you'll love it if you like the premise of being an old century assassin. Not to mention Young Ezio Auditore is badass. Not saying that old Ezio isn't but...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, not much really happened in the first one. Altair had his story which was cool. Not much of anything with Desmond. If you don't want to play the first one, you could just read up on it. Some stuff happened, but not too much. The Altair stuff is where you would mostly be lost. The desmond stuff in the first one was pretty nonexistent except for the fact that he was "playable" for a tiny, and I mean tiny percentage of the game.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, not much really happened in the first one. Altair had his story which was cool. Not much of anything with Desmond. If you don't want to play the first one, you could just read up on it. Some stuff happened, but not too much. The Altair stuff is where you would mostly be lost. The desmond stuff in the first one was pretty nonexistent except for the fact that he was "playable" for a tiny, and I mean tiny percentage of the game.
    Not to mention that the amount of time spent playing Desmond was 99% walking around the Animus room very slowly. the other 1% was using Eagle vision at the very, very end of the game, and after the game ends.

Yeah, start with 2 and just read up on the first one's plot. You're really better off. I'm happy they included the first one on the disc with Revelations, but only because it was free. I don't think I'd pay to own AC1 again. And I think if you have a PS3 and rent Revelations, you should be able to download AC1 right off the disc for free, if you just wanted to have it without paying anything extra. Assuming they included it on the same copies used for rentals. I wouldn't know, I had it pre-ordered the day it was available.

I think I agree that Revelations > Brotherhood, too. But it takes a second to warm up to it at first, with the new bomb making stuff and den defense system.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not really playing to finish. But for fun. Love playing and watching people play for the first time.
    Last edited by mostlymad; 12-04-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Something cut my message in half, so I reattached it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Problem with Revelations, though, is it's easily the shortest one in the series. And 2) I REALLY sucked at the tower defense parts. I think it ended Ezio and Altair's story pretty well. You really feel for Ezio.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Problem with Revelations, though, is it's easily the shortest one in the series. And 2) I REALLY sucked at the tower defense parts. I think it ended Ezio and Altair's story pretty well. You really feel for Ezio.
    I didn't really dig the tower defence at all and thought it was annoying how you could trigger notoriety by renovating shops. The bombs were fun to muck around with but I didn't find them all too useful. I did however like the Mediterranean Defense Campaign, the hookblade and those trippy Desmond memory sequences. And the story was great too (and suitably "revelatory"). I guess the seemingly shorter campaign felt less satisfying than Brotherhood's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't played through this series yet (it's on my list and I have all four games!), but I was watching my boyfriend start to play Revelations and that fucking opening cinematic... was... wow. It just blew my mind. Ezio is such a badass / GILF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Played and enjoyed the first one. I've had the second one for about six months. I'm having a hard time staying interested but that being said, I'll probably still buy the third one when I finally beat 2. Ezio's accent really, really annoys me and I don't know why. I hate Ezio.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You guys give me hope. When I played the first one (and by played I mean wasted about four hours of my life with it) I could hear the walls cracking because of how boring it was. I'd much rather watch paint dry or listen how the grass is growing..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I liked the first one. After awhile, though, it ended up being the same thing - interrogate a guy, kill Templar guards, etc. Assassinate your target then repeat all of that, over and over again. The Altair story was cool though. Dragged on, but it had a good story. AC2 learned from it and added WAY more variety.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Here's a picture of that shock blade I mentioned earlier. The encyclopedia they made has relatively little detail in it about many of the modern assassins or their gear, but I think this is a sign that we might see more modern-ness in the next game. And I reeeally hope so, because I think that everyone's kind of wanted to play Desmond out a little more, so it'd only make sense for them to do that at least once before his part ends.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki...hock_blade.jpg

I'll flip through it again after Thursday and see if there's anything more in there, but I'm willing to bet that all the info in the encyclopedia is already out there on the net somewhere.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I only wonder where a modern day game would take place though. Definitely not a major city, I'm sure. Can't imagine them climbing giant buildings.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So, uhhh... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html

Fucking JIZZING if this is legit, which it seems like it very well could be. Also - The facebook page added a new image.

Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-01-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Jesus, since that leak happened, they must have just decided to splurge a little early. AC III will be the cover game for April's issue of Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...WPcHyI.twitter

AND They've now added a countdown to Monday on the AC website. http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac/en-US/index.aspx
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-01-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wonder how this is going to work out. Wonder where it's going to take place. Boston?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's a pretty cool idea for George Washington to have the Apple of Eden and possibly hand it down to the future presidents. They could do these games in a hundred different times/locations.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    sweet I thought I was the only one that watched g4 lol.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Would have figured they would go for japan... since it seems obvious.... but if they did it seems they would have kept that STUPID FUCKING HOODIE!

With a new setting a whole century later we're still stuck with that crap? Bleh! They should have given this guy a much more updated look, but brand recognition etc... i understand. still seems interesting...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Japan WOULD have been really awesome. But I don't see how that was "obvious," I guess (Don't get me wrong, I wanted it too!). I figured we might get America, though, simply because of where Revelations ended. The protagonists are pretty much exactly where they need to be geographically to wrap up the current story without traveling across the world. I can only hope we get a game set in Japan in the near future, because Samurai Assassins would probably be the coolest kind of Assassins they could ever have in the series, imo. :P And Feudal era Japan would just look beautiful in an AC game.

Also: I'm glad to see that it looks like they're embracing natural landscapes this time around, in some fashion. I remember them saying that they were playing with the idea, but didn't have the mechanics down to effectively explore natural environments (climbing trees, finding rock structures that just happen to get you where you need to go for a mission, etc.).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I played all the way through AC1, got bored about half way through AC2 and haven't touched the series since. But the leaked screens of 3 got me excited. Hopefully the gameplay will be just a little more interesting, something about 1 + 2 felt kinda, detached to me. Probably just me though, I know its like one of the biggest game series around these days. (I'm still holding out for a sequel to the 2008 Prince of Persia)