Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

holy.....fucking.....shit

I cannot wait for october.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

For the PS Vita, ships the same day as ACIII.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Fucking...I wish they'd announce the North American pre-order bundles/collector's editions already. What's taking them so long? This is E3. This is the time to be announcing that shit. Especially since they have 3 huge bundles already lined up for Europe.

Also, that gameplay looks AMAZING. And the cinematic trailer looks just as amazing, if not amazing-er.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Looks cool, not a huge leap in gameplay at all if you ask me, but I LOVE the Assassins Creed games and the story so hoorah.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I can see that turning out like the Assassin Den minigames, though. It'll be cool at first, but after I've had my fun with it I'll probably never bother with it again. :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I wonder if they'll have a bundle with the Vita game and ACIII, I would definitely buy that. If not I'll probably just end up renting them. I still gotta get through Brotherhood and Revelations at some point this summer before these new games release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That video looks so badass. I'd say it's a step up in gameplay. Definitely looked like there were more attack options with that hatchet, and shooting deer with a bow? For a Minnesota boy, that's as cool as it can get. Plus the game looks like it continues what it perhaps does best, which is historical detail. The Middle Ages were a cool setting, but it was time to move on. Seeing the wooden forts out on the frontier with the American and British flags flying was awesome. Anything is better than the generic near-future that the other 95% of action games are set in. When I got Revelations as a Christmas gift last year, I thought, meh, and it showed. Now I'm going to have to tell them, um yeah, another Assassin's Creed game please!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I better finish Revelations... every time I go back to it I decide to start over so as to recall the story, but then I get to the Tower Defence bullshit and I give up again. I forget, does this new game lose the tower defence? If not I hope they make it actually fun.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I didn't mess with the tower defense. It got old real fast. And eventually I just ignored it and just went to finish the game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I was wondering if they were gonna have it. I like the multiplayer but I'm far from good in it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I remember them saying something about there being potential for seeeveral AC games before, but he has a good point. If they feel like they can handle it, and can pull off one successful game after another, why wouldn't they try for it?

That's assuming that things don't start getting TOO asinine or convoluted. But the AC team seems to know their limits and strengths well enough so far. I'm sure they'd know if things were coming to a definite stopping point for the franchise. As long as they keep impressing me, I'll keep buying into it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is related to some recent news that Assassin’s Creed 3 was made possible by the annualization of the Ezio AC games. Says Alex Hutchinson, creative director for AC 3: “The core team on this one has been working at it for almost three years, which is something you can almost never get in the industry these days – it’s too expensive, too risky. So we need the other projects to support that kind of development – these big jumps.
    That's cool to know. I had sort of begun to think that the AC series was becoming a stale cash grab, but if its framed as being able to support the next "big jump", then I don't feel so bad about buying every game in the series.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So, uhh...this is a thing...

http://www.destructoid.com/get-that-...n-230536.phtml

For $119.99, you get the game, this flag, a 9 inch statue of Connor, and a belt buckle.

Really cool, but I might wait a bit longer to see if something else comes up. As bitchin' as that flag is, I'd like an artbook or something like that, but that's just me! I'd settle for this set.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-02-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Meh, some physical bonuses are cool but eh.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Can't say I'm too hyped for the buckle (at all), but the figure is kinda cool I guess, and that flag is just downright awesome. If I could order that flag independently, I'd rather do that. I don't plan on setting up any pre-orders until after I move and get settled in August, so I'll wait an see if anything else pops up by September or early October.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit.

Michael Fassbender cast as lead in Assassin's Creed movie.

Who do you think he's going to play? I wonder if it'd be cheesy if they had him play everyone and just alter his appearance a bit each time lol.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    If they can make the movie look anything like those AC3 trailers they've got a winner.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You know, I can't think of many people I'd rather have as a lead in an Assassin's Creed movie. Good call!

I just wonder how they're going to split up the real-world/animus-world moments. I wouldn't want them to spend too much time in either one, but they've done a pretty outstanding job with everything in the AC world so far, especially outside of the main games, so I'm sure they'll find the perfect balance. I've got faith in this project so far!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Boston gameplay video. Looking very slick.

Also, new co-op mode 'Wolfpack' revealed.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-13-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    These games...damn. It REALLY shows that Ubisoft has poured almost everything they have into this franchise. Cinematics are great, but seeing it all happen so smoothly in a game-play context is just incredible. I'm gonna need to play the hell out of this the week it comes out so I can get it out of my system well before finals roll around, or I'm gonna be in trouble. :P

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Damn, that was amazing. Was a little afraid on how much Boston would look like Boston and not some recycled parts of previous games and just call it Boston. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Best Buy is having a pretty crazy video game sale right now. Revelations for $9.99 and I had a $5 certificate from the Reward Zone so I got it for $5.29 shipped, can't beat that! I guess I might as well pre-order ACIII and Liberation now.

Edit: Best Buy is giving a $20 reward certificate for pre-ordering ACIII, I'm having a good game buying day here.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 07-24-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    But it's Best Buy... meh... I already reserved it from Amazon. I'd rather go that route than deal with those vultures. Good deal otherwise though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah Best Buy usually isn't so great, I used to go there a lot but Amazon is definitely my go-to place now. Deals like this are pretty much the only way I end up buying stuff from Best Buy.

Edit: I ended up cancelling the Best Buy order, you have to be a member of the Gamer's Club Unlocked which you have to do some shit at the store to get into. I'll just get it from amazon and buy Liberation digitally when I have time to play it.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 07-30-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Highly doubt they'll honor it, but Wal-Mart has it on preorder for $15 ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Should I play Brotherhood before Revelations? I found Revelations at Target for $18 and realized after that Brotherhood came first. I don't have that one.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I've been strolling through thisiswhyimbroke.com, and came across this: