Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It sounds potentially awesome. I've been forcing myself to keep liking this franchise for awhile. After Black Flag, I kind of lost interest. For me, it was a combination of them ditching the Desmond story line, the shittiness of AC3, all the fuck ups I've heard about Unity, and definitely them putting out a game every year with a less-than-stellar story. The last AC I genuinely enjoyed was Brotherhood. Revelations was OK but the ending felt so abrupt and just left me thinking "What the fuck? That's it?" I've been tempted to check out Syndicate. Is it worth it?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't played the last one yet. Kinda glad they're taking their time on the new one. The yearly releases are a little much.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I have never played an AC game, but I got the China one for $10 and love it. I know it's not the same style as the other games from what I've seen, but I'm def gonna buy syndicate now. It may be on sale too...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    More shots...and first trailer drops tomorrow.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Looks promising, his characters are supposed to be exclusive to the film right?

Aside from the different looking "jack in" contraption, seems on point. (who is really to say that all Abstergo facilities are the same anyways?)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I really, really, REALLY want this to work. But 98.9% of all video game adaptations in history indicate that it could still be otherwise.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This looks somehow more plotless than any of the games. Weird.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 05-12-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ......wat.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This looks somehow more plotless than any of the games. Weird.
    I had no idea how to phrase exactly what else I wanted to say, but I think you nailed it.

Well. I guess I should finally pick up after Black Flag, then?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    65% of the movie is in the present, 35% in the past. That...doesn't seem good

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...nt-day-35-past

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    65% of the movie is in the present, 35% in the past. That...doesn't seem good

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...nt-day-35-past
    Laaaaame, so they reduce screen time of the main and most important aspect of the games? pathetic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I really love that the last post of this thread was the trailer for the movie. Man, that was disappointing.

That said, I hope the new game is dope! This franchise needs a good pick-up if it's gonna redeem the franchise.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    These games have been coming out at a rate much faster than i can manage to play them, obviously Syndicate and Unity weren't very well received but I'd still like to get around to checking them out.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    These games have been coming out at a rate much faster than i can manage to play them, obviously Syndicate and Unity weren't very well received but I'd still like to get around to checking them out.
    Something about rushing games to make a scheduled date instead of just pushing it back for the sake of refining it just rubs me the wrong way. What are you so afraid of? People being upset over waiting 2-4 more months for a polished game? Nah, rush that shit out to make the fiscal quarter/holidays and just face the stigma of bug-ridden releases destroying your franchise. Definitely the better choice.

I waited to get both of them last year on Black Friday for $7 a piece and I don't think I've even opened the shrink wrap yet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can't wait for 'Origins'!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Next AC entry "Odyssey" possibly leaked...might show up at E3.

edit: Due to the leak, the AC social accounts have officially announced it to be true.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-31-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Odyssey is a Deal of the Day on Amazon today for $39.99. PS4 and Xbone

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Odyssey is a Deal of the Day on Amazon today for $39.99. PS4 and Xbone
    I really wanna jump on that, but I also realize I have a TON of catching up to do with AC games I already own and haven’t played, including Origins. I haven’t played a full game through since Black Flag still, and my need to play them all in order is gonna make catching up a long process. By the time I catch up, I’d imagine Odyssey will be even less than $40, hopefully.

Unrelated to that sale, but you can also now indulge in Assassin’s Creed-branded wine! Because why not?

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/11...a-limited-time

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You can pick up Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey at GameStop right now for $20, some special promotion they’re doing this week I think? I haven’t even played more than half an hour of Origins but I might jump on this while it’s still relatively dirt cheap. The only drawback is that it requires you to walk into a GameStop, hah.

Edit: Evidently today is the last day of the sale, so if you want it, get it while it’s super cheap!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-05-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    You can pick up Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey at GameStop right now for $20, some special promotion they’re doing this week I think? I haven’t even played more than half an hour of Origins but I might jump on this while it’s still relatively dirt cheap. The only drawback is that it requires you to walk into a GameStop, hah.

Edit: Evidently today is the last day of the sale, so if you want it, get it while it’s super cheap!
    It's still 20 bucks on the PS store right now if you have PS Plus, 25 if you don't. Not sure about Xbox. I snagged it yesterday instead of waiting for it to ship from Amazon.

Also, you should definitely put some time in on Origins, I finished it up yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    FYI regarding Odyssey - You're gonna have to bite the bullet and pay the $10 to unlock the XP boost. They made the game so that you either have to grind away with every. single. side mission to be able to unlock the better stuff for your character, so enjoy the sale for $20 and be prepared to throw in another $10 to really enjoy the game. Past that, I've been playing it lately and I'm loving it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's still 20 bucks on the PS store right now if you have PS Plus, 25 if you don't. Not sure about Xbox. I snagged it yesterday instead of waiting for it to ship from Amazon.

Also, you should definitely put some time in on Origins, I finished it up yesterday and really enjoyed it.
    I intend to! But there’s a part of me that won’t let me play that until I play Unity and Syndicate first, so we’ll see how long that takes. I have a list of games I wanna complete before the end of the year and like six of them are AC games.

I did manage to pick up the last copy GameStop had! So looking forward to getting into it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I intend to! But there’s a part of me that won’t let me play that until I play Unity and Syndicate first, so we’ll see how long that takes. I have a list of games I wanna complete before the end of the year and like six of them are AC games.

I did manage to pick up the last copy GameStop had! So looking forward to getting into it.
    Skip Unity, debate reading the story plot on Syndicate but definitely play Origins and, obviously, Odyssey. There's a new modern world protagonist that starts with Origins; Unity and Syndicate are just weird nameless Abstergo employees.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)