Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Me too, but some of that is Watch Dogs' next gen digs, and some of it is my contentious relationship with the AC series.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Interesting that they went right for "4" instead of the tweener titles we're used to. You have to wonder if this will be a next gen title.
    It kinda seems like they're going for both. I mean...if it was really the next brand-new AC, they would have just straight up called it AC4, without the "Black Flag" tacked on. I don't know. Something tells me that they're trying to pull a crafty one by saying "technically, it's a new hero, and therefore a new game, blerdy bler," which is fine - if they can make it a good game. But if it's just going to be naval combat-heavy, then this might be the first AC game I rent before I buy.

But it's still way too early to decide, so I'll wait until we get some more deets. I think the main reason I have a bitter taste about it so far is that it's not really a huge departure at all from AC3 - Still playing a Kenway, inevitably lots of naval combat, takes place in an area not-too-far from North America...I'm sure it'll make more sense once we know more about the game and how it'll tie in with the events in AC3.

I guess I'll just have to see what this trailer's all about!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck, that didn't take long...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Didn't take long for it to get pulled, either. :\

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Try this.

They usually pull YouTube way before they get around to Dailymotion...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Being cuban, I will gladly play this game. Not everyday My homeland is featured in a game.

I like this series despite its lackluster ending with the Desmond character.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    that's not in engine... right?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wow, the movie cuts look freaking amazing. Way too soon for a new AC game, but I like the whole pirate theme going on here.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    hmm, I'm still on AC3 which I don't really enjoy the way I wanted to and after being sceptical about the setting at first this looks pretty neat!

I wonder how long it will take until the first Pirates of the Carribean easter-eggs pop up though. :P

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Still not sure how I feel about them calling it AC4. I enjoyed AC3, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But, I agree, it's way too soon. Buy I rather another Assassin's Creed than a Call of Duty, any day.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I agree. I almost want them to just take the Uncharted route. Release a game, spend a couple years perfecting the next one, and repeat. Calling this AC4 and giving it a little sub-title name just leaves a weird taste in my mouth.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    How does anyone manage to play all these games? I can't believe they're already talking about (and showing trailers) for part 4.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The whole franchise is on a Steam sale for 50-75% off today, you can get all 5 plus some extra stuff for $65, fucking sweet deal.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New trailer. I approve of the music too lol.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I knew it was only a matter of time before you noticed, heh. I also like this one, the song's beautiful. Even if you don't like the games, you can't deny that they have a track record for pairing some awesome music with these trailers.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Meh, I'll pass on this. I think I'm done with this series. I don't care anymore.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yes, it is Henry Rollins. Amusing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes. I was amused by it as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got platinum on Assassin's Creed II today. I never want to see another feather ever.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Next-gen environments look fantastic. Glad I decided to make this one of the games I preordered...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Liberation is coming as a downloadable game to all consoles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So will th boats be fun? I'm really digging AC2 from xbox "free with gold" but I'm not up for a bost sim. What do you think?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Can whoever decided to put Drake's obnoxious ass on the latest Black Flag trailer please be fired? Out of a cannon? Into the Sun?

STAH-TED FROM THA BOTTOM NAH WEH HEH!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Black Flags sure is immense...sheesh... and i haven't even made it to Nassau... still so much to explore..

This is the first Assassin's Creed game I've played since the first one.

The ship handling takes a bit of getting used to but it's interesting how they went about it.

One thing that really pisses me off with this game though, why the hell can't you just stay in a sneaking mode.. like you know when you're within the foliage and moving around all crouched and sneaky like why the heck can't you just continue moving like that even if you're out of cover instead of standing up as straight as a board like a fucking derp because I've had situations where the foliage stops just shy of some boxes and barrels, things of that nature.... stuff you'd probably like to hide behind but no as soon as you're out of the plants you stand up and blow your cover.

I get it, be quick and fast on your feet but calculated and it shouldn't be a problem but if they expect you to be stealthy that kind of stuff just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 11-11-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The game is pretty massive. Possibly the best since AC2. And yeah, a crouch button is long overdue. It's not the end of the world though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I wish it was kind of like Hitman where you could take disguises too. I mean there's no real reason why you COULDN'T be like the Sam Fisher or Agent 47 of the Middle Ages/Golden Age of Piracy...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah, the new one's definitely a breath of fresh air, surprisingly, even in the modern side of the storyline. It caught me WAY off guard when you meet (some of you know who) when you start delivering messages to the courier, and I kinda like where they might be going with the Instruments of the First Will, now that the world isn't ending, after AC3.

I'm just super surprised by it. I didn't think the naval aspect of the game would pull me in after AC3, but it's really great. Harpooning is challenging, treasure hunting and battles and exploring are fun, and the game has a way of taking a few repetitive things and recycled natural elements and disguising them in a way that it always feels new anyway. I'm seeing a few people online saying it's the best one (in terms of bringing new life to the franchise) since AC2, and I don't think that could be any more true. If I had the cash, I'd buy it, straight up, but for now, I'm just milking this rental for as long as I can. Isn't Best Buy selling brand new copies on Black Friday for $35 or some shit? I might have to get on that.

OH, and the shanties. I love the shanties. Both versions of the soundtrack (Original score version and sea shanty version) are up on iTunes, and they make everything you do feel like you're a pirate.

While I'm here, what does everyone else who's played the game think of Spoiler: the connection to Watch Dogs/ctOS/the unnamed character you play as in the modern storyline? If you don't know what I'm talking about, just google it and you'll find all the info you need.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-27-2013 at 01:04 AM.