Thread: 2013.11.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    For those that live in Phoenix- how's the nightlife around this arena? Not looking for clubs, just decent bars. Since its so close to the airport am debating to get a hotel by US Airways, or getting a rental and stay somewhere fun?

Let me know if anyone has suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't help you, I'd rather live in denial than live in Phoenix. But I will be there hopefully sitting in good seats in section 108 But does anyone know what the promoter pre-sale is? Who is the promoter and how do i get tickets from them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    For those that live in Phoenix- how's the nightlife around this arena? Not looking for clubs, just decent bars. Since its so close to the airport am debating to get a hotel by US Airways, or getting a rental and stay somewhere fun?

I lived in Mesa during my time in college, but that was over in the east Valley, we did most of our partying either on Mill Ave in Tempe with the ASU chicks or out in Old Town Scottsdale, never ventured to downtown PHX.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sadly, Downtown Phoenix is gigantic, scattered, and quite unfriendly for walkers. And the surrounding area is incredibly hipster, so be prepared to interact with arrogant trolls donning long sleeve flannel shirts in 115 degree heat whilst sipping on PBR and complaining about...well, everything. All things aside, though, if you head north from US Airways towards Roosevelt and near 7th street, you'll find some gems peppered here and there. I do like Crescent Ballroom, which is walking distance from the arena. It is a live music venue, but I like to hang out in the lounge to have drinks and chat with cool people.
    crescentphx.com‎ is their site. Tycho will be playing at the Crescent Ballroom the weekend of NIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOTS of stuff in phoenix..