Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ive been stuck on 2 here and there since HD came out. Its my first time.

I think in january i was almost through the hospital but now i have to go through the hospital again? Thats the hard part about oicking it uo again.
    That's where I left off. First floor I think.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Hope Kojima doesnt ruin this with his Kojimaness.
    Even as a Kojima fan, I can completely agree with you there - and "Kojimaness" is absolutely the best word to use there. I want a little weird, but not MGS levels of weird. I'm sure he knows what the stakes and expectations are, so maybe we don't have anything to worry about there. Maybe?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Bwahahahha

Yup that's exactly what i was talking about on the last page, that damn bathroom scene seemed to frustrate some folks.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-19-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    PT was an amazing experience, if Silent Hills is like it at all I'm sold, although it might take a while for me to finish it due to long pauses so I don't die of dehydration from the amount of piss I'll get all over myself.

Any shot Yamaoka might be coming back to do the score? He recently said he'd be happy to score another SH, and they use the classic theme at the end of PT.

Oh and by the way, the whole ending thing, I spent maybe half an hour with my girlfriend and I both trying to get it to trigger, wanting to "complete" it, following different guides we found online, and jack shit worked. Finally, while looking another up on my phone, I had it at the pause screen after the first baby's laugh from taking 10 steps, and suddenly I hear yet another giggle, I exit the pause menu and my controller turns into a vibrator before the phone starts ringing. So, yeah, I feel like there's all sorts of random or arbitrary things that contribute to it and aside from the 10 steps in any direction after the clock turns, there's no "promised" method.

Also this might be the most inventive, fun and immediately exciting announcements for a game that I've ever seen.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 08-21-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I haven't been able to get the second laugh... I'm all for playing the new SH. Just hopefully the puzzles aren't like the last one in PT.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I haven't been able to get the second laugh... I'm all for playing the new SH. Just hopefully the puzzles aren't like the last one in PT.
    I watched my friend play it on twitch and while it is good for fear inducing panic and confusing, difficult puzzles, the fact you have to look up a walkthrough how to do it seriously breaks immersion with me. if the main game is gonna continue the trend of what to do and where to go and how to do it, the game might lack as looking up guides and tips will get tiresome and really break any to all tension to solve puzzles.

I don't believe or disbelieve this but it gives me some hope, even though I HIGHLY doubt it:

As far as the magnificent P.T. goes, quite probably not. Given its position in Sony's conference, and the implication that it's entirely separate from the game itself - more a bafflingly complex mood palette than a demo - it seems unlikely. But anecdotal evidence, and a palpable lack of official word to the contrary, suggests that the full game will be a multiplatform affair.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well Kojima even said that he wanted it to be incredibly difficult and complex and for it to take a while expecting it to take up to a week for fans to find the trailer. I think that final puzzle is just intentionally difficult because they wanted it to be a bit before anyone found out what it really was.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Well Kojima even said that he wanted it to be incredibly difficult and complex and for it to take a while expecting it to take up to a week for fans to find the trailer. I think that final puzzle is just intentionally difficult because they wanted it to be a bit before anyone found out what it really was.
    A whole game of that puzzle difficulty and time eating would just become a boring, droning slog of a game.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    A whole game of that puzzle difficulty and time eating would just become a boring, droning slog of a game.
    I agree, I'm just saying I think it was meant to be that way just for the end of PT (the rest of the puzzles/problem solving were all pretty standard level difficulty). I wouldn't expect it to be like this in the main game at all. He literally had it in mind to make a puzzle that could take up to a week for people to solve; I can't picture anyone doing that for an actual full-fledged AAA title.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Here's how I did it.

1: Walked ten steps between the phone and the radio.
    2: Spend an hour following around that annoying gurgling sound in the vague hope it might trigger the next bit.
    3: Follow some random online advice and plug my microphone into the controller. Say the word "Jack" at eye-gouge portrait a few times.
    4: Be amazed that this actually worked.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Here's how I did it.

1: Walk ten steps between the phone and the radio.
    2: Spend an hour chasing around that annoying gurgling sound in the vague hope it might trigger the next bit.
    3: Follow some random online advice and plug a microphone into the controller. Say the word "Jack" at eye-gouge portrait a few times.
    4: Be amazed that this actually works.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshata View Post
    It worked almost instantly!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It worked almost instantly!
    Trying this tonight. Will report back.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Here's how I did it.

1: Walk ten steps between the phone and the radio.
    2: Spend an hour chasing around that annoying gurgling sound in the vague hope it might trigger the next bit.
    3: Follow some random online advice and plug a microphone into the controller. Say the word "Jack" at eye-gouge portrait a few times.
    4: Be amazed that this actually works.
    I watched a friend play and beat a few days ago. We looked up a few "strategies". He took the ten steps and just wandered around some, then put the controller down. We did try to use a mic, which didn't help any. And randomly he got the second laugh. So maybe it kicks in after a while. Or, the mic picked up something from us talking.

But, I tried it after watching that video, and it worked. Some people have way too much free time to figure all of that out... seriously.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshata View Post
    Well I'll be god damned......it worked perfectly. What the hell?? Seriously, how do these people figure this shit out?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was pretty amazed at the video, too. While the theory may not be correct in every way (although I wouldn't be surprised if it was, it's that good), the amount of time taken and the research dedicated to figuring that out, and the fact that it works, makes it really cool.

I can't play P.T., but I've seen on Youtube that there is an easter egg (or something to that effect) that can be found in this teaser. Has anyone found it? I won't spoil it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    The more I dwell on this, the more I'm convinced P.T. is one of the most effective games I've played. It's definitely the scariest. It has atmosphere, mystery, jump scares, and outright dread. Even during the last puzzle I was continually surprised- in one loop, Lisa's ghost started walking slowly towards me in the mirror. In another, she stood shaking outside the window.

My only real criticism is that the back story is somewhat cliched and heavy handed, ripped right out of Ju-on. However it's certainly evocative of early Silent Hill- specifically, the best bits of Silent Hill 4: The Room.

I really hope Kojima doesn't mess Silent Hills up with his typical Kojima-ness.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ugh this PT talk is killing me, I just can't justify buying a PS4 till I start working again after my youngest goes to school next year, also I play a lot of old PS3 games and I want some backwards compatibility, I've watched some YouTube clips and it looks terrifying. My only issue would be how it plays, I found the controls in The Room when you were in the apartment really clumsy. There were so many sounds of distant crying in the demos I saw, I kept having to go and check my toddler was still asleep
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-02-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I made it literally 30 seconds into it. I'm playing in the dark, with headphones on, and btw it's raining out. Fucking no!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Cyberland has reported that Konami has reportedly confirmed the Silent Hills release date and the game is going to launch on Halloween 2016 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm

It's so good to NOT discriminate

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    For any fans of the series, if you haven’t already checked these out and you have some time to kill, The Real Silent Hill Experience (TRSHE) by TWIN-PERFECT is an interesting and somewhat comical documentary/opinion piece on the Silent Hill franchise that can be found on You Tube. It looks like they currently have 36 videos available.

In a nutshell, the members of TWIN-PERFECT are essentially Silent Hill puritans. They consider mostly only the in-game events of games 1-4 to be the franchise bible, and all subsequent Silent Hill titles or spin-offs are practically franchise apostasy.

Most of the praises and criticisms that TWIN-PERFECT systematically attributes to each game is spot-on and well explained. Sometimes they do tend to go comically overboard in their raging against games 5-8, which weren’t great games but not as terrible at they make them seem. They also like to give Tom Hulett and his team grief to no end.

A good number of forum members at Silent Hill Heaven and Silent Hill Community strongly disagree with TWIN-PERFECT on a number of things, but having played all the games myself (sans the HD Collection, Book of Memories, and P.T.), I think TWIN-PERFECT makes many legitimate points, if not just a little over the top in their panning of games 5-8.

I thought some may be interested in viewing this series, and if you do watch it there will be SPOILERS obviously.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Those assholes are unsufferable. No thanks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Those assholes are unsufferable. No thanks.
    Yeah, it’s not for everybody. Their take on the franchise seems to be divisive among series fans, and they have a bit of an elitist feel in their delivery. But I don’t get all the hate they receive. I think their approach to assessing the Silent Hill franchise is entertaining, they give credit where it is due, and if something is off they take the time to explain in detail what the problem is instead of offering a generic “this game sucks” without giving any explanation as to why they are of that opinion.

I certainly don’t consider TP to be the authority on the franchise. I actually enjoyed Silent Hill(s) 5-8. Some of these games were noble efforts, but it felt like many of TPs criticisms did hit home on these games. I’m glad the franchise didn’t end after 4, even if it hasn’t been a top shelf series in this stretch.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hopefully there is nothing to this, but,

Quote Originally Posted by International Business Times
    “Silent Hills,” the planned survival horror game for Sony’s PlayStation 4 may never reach the eighth-generation console if game designer Hideo Kojima parts ways with Konami. An inside source told GameSpot that Kojima Productions, the Japanese video game development studio founded by Kojima, now 51, in 2005, will cut ties with its publisher, Tokyo-based Konami, after “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” is finished.

"After we finish ‘MGS V,’ Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source told GameSpot on Thursday." At a team meeting, Mr. Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

Kojima joined Konami in 1986, nearly three decades ago. Kojima is the force behind a number of Konami franchises, including “Metal Gear.”

Growing tension between the two studios led Konami to make some major changes regarding its relationship with Kojima Productions, including restricted communication and limited access to emails, phone calls and corporate Internet. A number of Kojima’s employees are now working as contractors at Konami, including Kojima himself.

What does this mean for “Silent Hills,” the ninth installment of the “Silent Hill” franchise promised by Konami? There’s a very good chance the game won’t be finished, since the rights to the franchise are owned by Konami. Since there’s no set release date for the title yet, it’s likely that the game won’t be completed until after Kojima’s departure, and Kojima Productions will have to purchase the rights to the franchise if it wants to continue working on “Silent Hills.”

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Something bad must have happened. My bet is that Kojima Productions will become an independent studio next year. If they do go independent, it's still possible for Konami to publish SH. That's if Kojima is willing to work with them in any capacity after this.

You can't just replace him like what they're doing with metal gear. It's going to get real interesting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, here comes the good news. Looks like the shit at Konami has dealt the final blow.

Sony is pulling P.T. from the PSN store on Wednesday. Last night at a film festival, Del Toro confirmed it...

Silent Hills isn't happening.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Son of a bitch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Fucking konami! Either Kojima did something to really piss them off, or they're just completely spiteful. I'm still buying MGSV. That will probably be the final game from Konami that I support. The whole thing just comes off as a big, cold-hearted "fuck you" to Kojima.